Afraid To Know What Lies Behind The Stare

17

I blinked in astonishment at my father. What does he have to do with this?

"He has everything to do with this," Damien snapped at me. I raised my hands up as if to say 'Whoa!' since my throat hurt too much to speak.

"Don't you snap at my daughter, Damien!"

Damien hung his head bashfully and said, "Yes, sir."

Andi saw the look on my face and started laughing. She answered the question in my eyes and said, "He's our boss. He leads all the vampires in the western States." I was really confused. Why does my dad rule the vampires of the Western U.S.?

"Because he doesn't have the disadvantages we vampires have." Damien said this with a superior air with an underlying tone of malevolence.

"Quite true, my good man." My dad patted Damien on the back. Asshole...

Damien rushed to me and slapped me in the face, making my head turn to one side. "How dare you insult your father in that way!" I could barely hear him over the excruciating pain throbbing through my head and neck. Nurses rushed in and injected something in my arm, making all the pain fade away along with my consciousness. Before I drifted off to blissful nothingness, the sound of multiple slaps and yelling at Damien occured. I smiled and drifted off to wonderful imaginings, involving myself and a certain member of Green Day.