Afraid To Know What Lies Behind The Stare

02

Something doesn't feel right today. For some reason it feels like something's going to happen. Something bad. Oh well, it might be a flase alarm. Or it might not. I guess I'll just have to expect the unexpected today. But just in case, I'll wear my favorite jeans today: the ones with frayed edges and doodles. After putting a shirt on and my Chucks I walk to the kitchen to get some brown sugar and cinnamon pop tarts and a glass of milk for breakfast.

"Again with the pop tarts?"

My mom never really understood my love of pop tarts.

I roll my eyes and say,"Yeah, yeah. I have to go now or I'll be late for school, God forbid."

My mom sighs as she hugs me goodbye.

I walk out of my house and yell, "Onward, ho!" punching my fist in the air.

"You are so strange," says Elliot as she walks up next to me.

"Elliot! Hi!"

"Did you have poptarts again?"

"Yep yep yep!" I shout, jumping up and down.

You see, I have ADHD which is pretty much ADD with hyperness added to it.

Anywho, we walk to school, dreading it all the while.

"At least this is my last year, you still have another year left! Ha ha!" I love messing with people, even my friends. Watch out!

"Shut up!" she huffs and turns away.

"Aww, I'm sorry Elliot. Forgive me?" I pout for extra effect.

"I forgive you," she says, albeit reluctantly.

"Yay!" We hug. Hugs are my drugs.

We reach the school. Seems particularly ominous today.

"Hey, Elliot. Does school seem more dreadful than usual?"

"Kinda, yeah. I wonder why."

I shrug my shrug my shoulders and open the door for us.

"Crap! Sorry! I didn't see you!" I had slammed the door into someone's face.

An incredibly handsome face. One that I did not recognize, which is strange because I'm the last person to move here. Not anymore, apparently.

"Just watch where you're going, dumb bitch!"

Oh, he did not!

"Who are you calling dumb? At least I have the common sense not to stand in front of a door and get mad when it hits me!" I fume.

He just glares. Which is starting to freak me out. You know that look people give you when they completely despise you and wish you dead? That is the look he's giving me, multiplied by a thousand.

Which is getting creepy, inhumanly so.

He walks away. More like floats swiftly. His feet don't look like they're even touching the ground. Odd.

Elliot pulls me to class when the bell rings and I am still standing there.

Who is that guy? And why does he seem to hate me so much?