Afraid To Know What Lies Behind The Stare

03

For the rest of the day I am like a zombie-going through the motions but not paying attention to anything. All of my focus is going to the guy from this morning. I can't get that stare out of my mind, especially the hatred behind it. What is the cause?

I rest my head on my hand in the last class of the day: English Literature. Ms. Smalls (what is with the teachers' names in this school?) is trying to get the class's attention. I like her, I'll pay attention in this class.

"Class! Settle down! We have a new student and I want him to feel welcome!" She shouts over the mindless chatter. New kid? Oh no. It can't be. But it is.

"Class, say hello to Damien Crevice."

I start laughing, really loud. I mean, Crevice? That demon boy's last name is Crevice! Oh, the twists of fate!

Apparently the laughter has captured Damien's attention. Once he sees it's me, he glares at me again. A glare of death. That stops my laughter.

"Damien, why don't you sit next to...Christie. Christie, raise your hand so Damien knows where to sit."

Oh, fuck. I could pretend I didn't hear her, but that would only prolong my misery. Let's get this over with.

I sigh as I raise my hand.

He stares twin holes into my skull as he approaches. He's smirking. That little bastard is enjoying this!

Oh great. Yet again some asshole decides to torment me and make me fear going to school. But now, I'm fearing for my life, not embarassment. This guy means business. I'll have to be careful of what I say around him, lest I incur the wrath of Damien.