Status: Indefinite Hiatus

Where Do I Begin? All I Know Is Gone

Wha

"Do you still think it can't have been that bad?" I slurred a little towards Jay as we were making our way out of The Golden Mile, since it was now closing time.

We'd spent the last few hours talking about anything but relationships. The guys had tried to get me up on the table to dance with them a few times, Jay going as far as starting to strip his shirt off to 'tempt' me on his last attempt. I learnt that the boys were all in a band together, that they were becoming extremely successful, and that they now had two weeks holiday before their next tour of the UK and Europe started up. This subject had been brought up when I questioned Moose's comment on their being well known. I think I possibly slightly offended, yet still amused them when I wondered aloud if it was because they were wanted for 'gang rape'. But I also quickly discounted that theory, before they could oppose, because if that were the case they would surely have been under some sort of police surveillance, and I hadn't noticed any suspicious tendencies from them anyway. I'd even explained how my usual evening routine for my time so far spent in Bridgend was to sit quietly while I consumed five or six pints, then toddle off back to my hostel room just buzzed enough that my thoughts were inconsistent, letting me fall asleep relatively quickly.

I'd lost count of how many drinks the guys had supplied me with tonight, on top of the three I'd already had before Jay's approach. To say I was a little tipsier than usual was a fair statement, but I wasn't so far gone that I couldn't control myself. I was walking straight enough by myself, even though Moose had felt the need to wrap an arm around my shoulders while I wrapped one of my own around his waist. Jay was walking on my other side, seemingly amused by his similarly intoxicated friend's good intentions. Matt and Padge looked to be in an intense conversation a few paces ahead, but I couldn't understand any of what they were speaking while they supported each other on their journey.

"I think... that you can't say it was a bad night!" Jay proclaimed loudly to anyone who cared to listen, annoying at least one of the residents down this road, who felt the need to turn on his lights and yell abuse at us out of his window, much to our amusement. All the while Moose was nodding vigorously beside me; smiling down at me like the drunken fool he had proved himself to be earlier when he tripped his way out of the pub's door, falling into the gutter while laughing like a maniac.

Nodding along myself, I noticed Matt and Padge disappear around a corner. "No, I can't. It was bloody horrendous! You completely ruined my plans of wallowing in my sorrow alone." Laughing along with the guys, who had soon learnt of my sarcastic nature, I finally took in my surroundings, not being able to recognise them. "Where are we going, anyway? I'm pretty sure my room's back the other way. Oh my god. You are rapists, aren't you!"

I couldn't hold my fake horror any longer when Moose literally fell over to roll around on the ground in hysterics, almost taking me down with him. Jay wasn't quite as bad, only needing to support himself on the conveniently placed wall beside us while he struggled to keep breathing.

Seeing that neither man looked like letting up on their laughter any time soon I figured that assistance could be a good idea. "Uh, Matt? Padge? I think I might need some help back here," I called out into the darkness, hoping they hadn't gone too much farther ahead. "Damn, I know I'm funny, but I'm not that good!"

Hearing a scuff on the concrete behind me I looked up to find Padge peering around the corner, utterly confused. "Laughing gas?" he joked, eyes crinkling at the sight before him.

"I wish. Sadly, it was nothing more than joking you actually were rapists, since I have no idea where you're taking me." By now Moose had managed to get himself sitting up, with the help of tugging on my leg for support. Padge was leaning down to help him stand while Jay seemed to finally have found some composure as he pushed himself off the wall.

"I like you," he stated simply, pulling me into a one armed hug and leading me around the corner as Padge followed suit with Moose.

"Yay!" I was jumping up and down, acting like a little kid when I was caught off guard by a sudden change in direction. Stumbling a little as Jay kept me upright I found that we were now heading into a house. That worried me a small amount.

Padge was right behind me as Jay fumbled to get the door open, "This is Matt's place. We usually crash here after The Mile. Don't worry, you're safe."

The soft smile that made its way into his gentle green-blue eyes convinced my numbed mind that I could trust his words, setting me at ease at Jay proceeded to haul me through the front door.

"I think Matt's already gone to bed," Padge explained to Jay, who was looking into each of the various rooms we came across. I was just letting myself be dragged along behind him; a little unsure of how exactly I fit into this situation.

I was soon led into the living room, taking a seat on an extremely comfortable couch as we shared another drink. The conversation wasn't much, but it soon turned to how well I was handling all of the alcohol I had consumed that night. That led to me explaining that I'd never been a cheap drunk, even though I didn't drink all that often.

"Can we keep her?" Jay asked, smiling almost proudly.

"Umm, she's not a pet," I stated.

"I say we do," Moose joined in, nudging my shoulder with his as he winked. Padge just smiled wryly at his friends, offering me a mouthed apology.

Soon yawns started circulating the room, signalling the end of our session.

"Did you want water or anything?" Padge questioned me quietly while Jay was mumbling to himself, watching Moose make his way up the stairway to our left.

"Actually, that would be great." Smiling back at him, getting the idea that he was the more responsible, hospitable of the two. I followed him into the kitchen, hearing the small creaks of the wooden steps, as Jay appeared to be ascending them. Grabbing the offered bottle gratefully I twisted the cap off and took a quick mouthful, appreciating the coldness.

Once Padge was finished with his own drink he motioned for me to follow him again, up the stairs and down a hallway. He pointed out the bathroom as we passed it, knowing it could be needed later, then opened the last door on the right, taking us into a bedroom.

"Do you need clothes?" I couldn't help but smile again at his kindness, knowing even before his yawns came that he must be tired enough to just fall on the bed in front of us and pass out.

"I should be alright in these," I motioned to my jeans and t-shirt with a shrug. "It's not like I haven't slept in them before."

Apparently ignoring me he hunted through a set of drawers, throwing a large t-shirt and a pair of boxers at my head before pulling out a set for himself. Taking the hint I started to take my shoes off, undoing my jeans and starting to slide them down my legs before realising the inappropriateness of the situation.

"Sorry, wasn't thinking," I chuckled nervously at the man who had turned around to catch me in the act before quickly turning himself back in embarrassment.

"It's ok," he replied politely, "I'll just go to the bathroom then head down to the couch. Night."

He was almost out of the door when my mind clicked to what he had said. "What? No, I'm not kicking you out of your bed. I'll go down, it's no biggie." As I spoke I was replacing my jeans with the boxers, not caring if he was embarrassed or not. They were only legs...

After a little arguing we managed to decide that we could share the bed, Padge leaving for the bathroom with the strict warning that if he wasn't back in five minutes I was going to hunt him down. These polite boys are usually little sneaks when it comes to being gentlemen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, there is a pub called The Golden Mile in Bridgend - no idea where - but there's one with that name in the next town over from where i live so i thought i'd use it lol

In my defense i have no idea what i was on when i wrote this, but it's my fave chapter so far. Except the end..

AAAAND the chapter title.. wha.. wh is pronounced as an f in maori... if u care LOL