A New Playing Field

New York City!

Nick’s POV

New York City, one of my favorite places. Tonight is the first time we are headlining Madison Square Garden and we are all so excited. Joe and Kevin were acting kind of strange, like they were keeping something from me, but I decided to ignore it. Today we were going to the Central Park Zoo. It was closed for a week due to maintenance, but they were letting us go in. I thought it was pretty cool to have a zoo all to ourselves, not having to worry about fans following us.

As we were getting ready, Joe’s phone rang. He looked at the caller ID, looked at Kevin, and they both left the room. Weird? I went to the bathroom to do my hair. I ran my hands through it twice. Perfect, done. Joe and Kevin came back in. “Who was that?” I asked.

“Wrong number,” Joe said quickly.

“You guys are acting weird.”

“We always act weird,” Kevin responded. “You guys ready?”

“Yup,” Joe and I said. We met our parents, Frankie, and Big Rob in the hallway and headed out. After we were greeted at the zoo by the owner, Joe pulled him aside. What could they possibly be talking about? When Joe came back, I questioned him.

“I asked the owner if the zoo has hippos and he said no. Bummer, right?” Sometimes I wonder how I’m related to him. We were walking to the first animal area, the alligators. I saw two girls standing with their backs to us.

“Wow, I think I’m starting to lose it. That girl on the right looks like Megan. How’d those girls get in today, anyway?

“I don’t know. HEY!” Joe yelled at them. The girls turned around. My jaw dropped!

“MEGAN!!!” I ran over to her and gave her the biggest hug I think I have ever given anyone. I picked her up and spun her around. “Megan, what are you doing here?!”

“I’m doing Regis and Kelly tomorrow morning, so they flew Kristen and me in a day early! So I planned a little surprise for you with the help of your family.”

“Hi Kristen, how are you?”

“Good thanks,” she said. Kristen went over to talk to Joe and Kevin.

“This is the best day of the entire tour.” I hugged her again. “This is the best surprise ever.” I put my lips against hers and we kissed. I missed her kiss, I missed her smile, I missed her smell, I missed her laugh, I missed everything about her! “I can’t even explain how happy I am to have you in my arms right now.”

“It’s probably as happy I am to be in your arms right now.” We kissed again.

“I need to make this official. Megan Gibson, will you be my girlfriend?”

“Nicholas Jonas, I wouldn’t want it any other way.” We kissed again and met up with the rest of my family by the penguins, hand in hand.

“I’m feeling the presence of a newly official couple,” Joe stated.

“You bet,” I replied. I looked at Megan and she looked at me, and we smiled at each other. I put my arm around her shoulders and she put her arm around my waist. We had a great day at the zoo. Joe tried to imitate every animal he saw. I bet you can’t even picture that without laughing. We got a lot of pictures which could easily end up as blackmail.

We played a great show that night. I did extra flips because I was so happy. My parents let my brothers and I stay at Megan’s hotel that night. The five of us had one giant slumber party. Joe fell asleep on the pull out bed, Kristen fell asleep on one bed and Kevin fell asleep on the other bed. Megan and I were left to sleep on the floor. We stayed up until two in the morning talking. We were playing another MSG show on Wednesday but Megan had a flight back to L.A. at 3 pm.

Megan’s POV

August 26th, mark the calendars. Nick is amazing and I’m so happy we’re official. We decided to try and keep the relationship on the down low for now. As much as I wanted every girl in America to know that Nick Jonas was mine, Nick and I both agreed that we didn’t want the press to get at us just yet.

My alarm went off at 7 am. It woke everyone up and I was not Joe or Kevin’s favorite person at that moment. I took a quick shower and dried my hair. I was going for a casual look on the show today. I had white flip flops, white jean capris, a yellow tank top, and a three quarter sleeved black cardigan. Big Rob dropped Kristen and me off at the studio. “Call me when you’re back at the hotel. Have fun,” Nick said before he kissed me goodbye. “I’ll be sure to watch you,” he winked at me.

Kristen and I went into the lobby of the building. There was a lady sitting at a desk. I walked over to it because I assumed I was supposed to check in. “Hi, I’m—”

“Megan Gibson! I know who you are!” She seemed very excited to see me. I was caught off guard so early in the morning. “Gelman is expecting you. Go to those elevators and go to floor three.”

“Thank you very much.” Kristen and I put on our passes and did as we were told. When we stepped off the elevator, Gelman was standing there.

“Megan! Hello! Welcome to New York and welcome to the show! Michael Gelman. Pleasure to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too, Gelman! This is my sister, Kristen.”

“Pleasure is mine. Kristen, I’m going to have an assistant take you to your seat. Megan, we’re going to put you right into hair and makeup. Follow me this way.” Gelman opened the door to a room and led me in. Jesse McCartney was sitting in a chair getting some makeup put on him.

“Hey, what’s up Megan? I’m Jesse.”

“Hey, it’s a pleasure to meet you!”

“Yeah you too!” Jesse and I talked as Rebecca did my makeup. She had been doing my makeup for five minutes when the door opened. I looked up.

“Hello Megan! It’s so nice to meet you!”

“Hey Kelly. It’s a pleasure to meet you!” She gave me a hug.

“How are you doing today?”

“I’m great. I’m really excited!”

“I’m glad. It should be fun. Nice to see you again, Jesse!” Kelly sat in her chair and someone began to do her makeup. Five minutes later the door opened again.

“I really enjoyed that movie.” Regis and Will Smith walked in the door.

“Ah, it’s the young gold medalist! Hello Megan!”

“Hi! It’s a pleasure to meet you!” We shook hands.

“Hey Megan! Congrats on the medal.” Will Smith held out his hand for me to shake.

“Thank you, Mr. Smith. It’s an honor to meet you.”

“Please, call me Will.” Regis and Will sat in their chairs for make up. For the show, Will was up first, then me, then Jesse. Regis and Kelly went out, talked, spun the wheel, and introduced Will. Jesse and I waited backstage.

“Ladies and gentlemen, Will Smith! Thanks so much for coming. Coming up after the break, Olympic gold medalist Megan Gibson! Stay tuned!” Regis said. I was up after the commercial break and I was so excited. I have watched this show so many times and now I was going to be on it! “Megan, you have one minute,” Gelman yelled. Here it goes!
♠ ♠ ♠
this has been one of my longer ones..woot!

yay :)