A New Playing Field

The L-Word

Nick’s POV

“Nick, did you just say the L-word?” Kevin asked.

“Yes. I love Megan. I am in love with Megan.”

“For real?” Joe asked.

“For real.”

“Wow. I’m really happy for you. That’s awesome,” Kevin said.

“Agreed. She makes you happy, so that makes us happy,” Joe added.

“We’re glad you found such an awesome girl.”

“Thanks Kev.”

“On that good note, I’m pretty tired so I’m gonna call it a night. I’ll see you guys tomorrow morning,” Joe said leaving the room.

“I’m probably gonna go to bed too,” Kevin said, heading for the door.

“Kevin, wait.” He turned around and looked at me. “Should I tell her?”

“Do you think she loves you too?”

“Maybe. I’m not sure. I hope so.”

“I think you should tell her. Even if she isn’t ready to say it yet, she’ll say it soon enough. I know she’s seriously into you, Kristen told me. No regrets Nick. Just do it.”

“You’re right. Thanks Kevin. You give the best advice."

“It's a gift, little bro. I better be the first to know what happens.”

“Haha, of course. Night Kev.” He walked out and left me alone in my room. I looked at the picture of me and the girl I love until I eventually fell asleep.

Megan's POV

I woke up the next morning and instantly got ready. I knew exactly what Nick and I were going to do today and I had already made the necessary calls. After I was completely ready, I called Nick.

“Ello poppet,” Nick said in his fake British accent. I laughed at him.

“Good morning sunshine! How are you?”

“Better now, and yourself?”

“I am excellent. It is a beautiful day outside, and we are going to enjoy it!”

“Oh yeah? I assume you’re not going to tell me how so.”

“Correct. I’ll pick you up in a half hour. Make sure you have a bathing suit!”

I shut my phone with a smile before Nick could say anything. Nick was the first thing I thought of when I woke up, and I’ve been thinking about him ever since. I couldn’t wait to see him. I’ve never felt like this about a boy before. Am I…in love…with him?

Nick’s POV

Megan picked me and off we drove. After driving for a little bit, I saw that natural glow of the sun hitting the ocean. I missed that sight. I haven’t been to the beach in a while. Finally, we pulled into a driveway. The house in front of me is amazing, huge, and right on the beach.

“Whose house is this? Where are we?”

“We are in Malibu at a beach called Paradise Cove. See that café over there? It’s owned by a guy named Bob Morris. Bob and my dad were college roommates, so our families are really close. This is their house. Bob gave my family a spare key. We can use the house basically whenever we want. The Morris’ are on vacation in Hawaii now, so I figured, hey why not?!”

Megan opened the door and gave me a tour of the house. When we got to the back deck, it brought the house to a whole new level. The view was breathtaking. I lowered my sunglasses over my eyes and leaned my arms on the railing. I looked out at the contrasting white sand and blue ocean. I looked out at all the people fishing on the end of the long white pier.

“This is amazing," I said.

“Isn’t it?” Megan came next to me and put one arm around my waist, the other on my arm, and her head on my shoulder.

“This moment, right now, is perfect. If I had to pick one moment to freeze and stay in for my entire life, it’d be this exact moment,” I said.

Megan gave me a kiss on the cheek. I put my hands on Megan’s shoulders and turned her to face me. I put my arms around her waist and she put hers around my neck. We were looking each other straight in the eyes.

“Megan, I have something to say. I’m not going to beat around the bush. I’m just going to say it. I am in love with you, Megan.”

Megan’s POV

“I am in love with you, Megan.”

Did he just say what I think he said? Did I hear him correctly? The longer I took to process the words that had just come out of Nick's mouth, the more disappointment I could see in Nick’s eyes.

“I don’t know if I’m rushing things or something and I didn't mean to freak you out. It's just how I feel and—” I stopped him by kissing him softly on the lips. I pulled away.

“I’m in love with you too, Nick.”

The light in Nick’s eyes came back. He leaned into me and kissed me with passion. There were two lounge chairs on the deck. Nick and I laid down on one together. Nick was lying on his back with his arm around me while I laid on my side curled up against him with my head on his chest.

I never wanted this moment to end.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)