‹ Prequel: This Is An S.O.S.
Sequel: Super Sophomores

Freshman Year

September 30, 2008

So, I was pretty much scared to go to school today. I was scared to see Carlos. He could hate me, or he could be nice again. I didn't know. Would you be scared? I was effing terrified.

Spanish was kind of cool, we played this game. It was Joe and I against Josh and Ronald. The game was kind of stupid. No one really knew how to play, except for the teacher. We played two games. Hangman and that other game that I don't now its name.

I took a different way to Business Tech today. I went down the very last stairs, the closest ones to class. The other day, Josh was being stupid and saying that those stairs went to Benet. Benet is just fancy for special ed. When I got in, Carlos was there. I was hoping he'd ditched today or something. I walked over, got my binder and went to my seat. Keeping my eyes down, I went to my desk and started doing my work. Shavonne came in and started talking about my text. She was like "So........ What about that text?" I answered her with "I'll text you the rest of the story." We talked, Shavonne showed me her poems. I showed her one of mine by copying it from Mibba and into my notebook. It was called False Feelings and I wrote it, just in case this sounded like I took someone elses work. I texted Shavonne what happened, too. I sent her something along the lines of 'I pretty much told my friend the truth. She asked me to ask him something and I told her what he said. She texted him about it, and he got mad.' When she got it, Shavonne was like "What a douche." Later, Shavonne and I were writing poetic notes to each other. She started it with two verses that were four lines each. They were poetic notes about Carlos and how he was a douche. I can't really remember it all, but I did call him a fat cow. He started IMing me again.
Btw I don't hate you.
Mhm.
He's so fat
My grandpa has a bigger double chin
I wanna see!
Come to my dad's par-tay.
I'd forgiven him that easily. Shavonne and I's poetic noted turned. It was her asking the questions and me answering about how I forgave him. I didn't completely forgive him. I just kind of did. I'm not going to do certain things for a while.
Ewwww she stinks
Me and her are writing poem notes to each other.
I noticed him look over and try to read it over Shavonne's shoulder.
Is it about cows?
No.
Shavonne noticed Carlos looking and put the poetic notes away. "Say Carlos' name." she told me. I shook my head no. "I really want to see him look up from his desk. I've never seen his face before." I still shook my head no. I really didn't want to get on his bad side again. It hurts.

In Anthropology, we took a test thing. It was for her Geography class, bet we could do it. She let us use the books to work. I was the first person done. It's very boring when you're done with someting and no one else is. I just sat there and stared at things. "Alexis." Mrs. Ikanovic said. "What are you doing?"
"Um... nothing." I replied.
"Okay. Want to correct some papers?"
"Sure." I love correcting papers. You get to see how your friends are doing in their work if you correct their period's. I remember correcting Brionna's, Summer's, and Michael's.

Lunch was cool. I asked Jenny what she thought of Carlos. He wanted me to tell him if she thought he was cute or not. I'm still so used to California speak for cute. There, everyone said 'hot.' It's really confusing. Jenny wouldn't answer me in the bathroom, so I just told him that she said "a little bit." I'm guessing he didn't really like that and started calling her fat and stuff. He did say "Just kidding," but that was after I told her.

Algebra was cool. We didn't do anything in that class except for present our projects. Jenny laughed at mine because I put a Ludo cd as one of my pictures.

In Science, we went to the computer lab. It was kind of boring because Jenny and I had already finished everything pretty much. There wasn't really anything to do besides the boring part, writing the script. I just kind of wasted the last half hour of class. Jenny wanted to do the work. I was like "You know, we have two more days in here. I think we can spare the rest of this period."

As soon as I got outside, I noticed Carlos. I didn't tie my shoe so I could wait for him, but he was already out there. I just kept walking kind of fast. the funniest thing happened when I got to the Business Tech room. Carlos started to run. That's a funny sight, he runs weird. /it was more like a hobble because he was pulling up his pants. He went to a car and was talking to the guy that was driving. I could see his man muffin tops. It was kind of funny. Man muffin tops amuse me.