‹ Prequel: This Is An S.O.S.
Sequel: Super Sophomores

Freshman Year

October 7, 2008

Today would be one of the most exciting days of my life so far. Brenda and I were going to go to a Ludo concert in Indiana.

I waited for Brenda to get to my house. She got there at three, but was supposed to be there at two. Then we had to wait for my mom's friend because my mom wasn't going to be at the concert with us. Her friend got there at four. I was getting antsy because we were spposed to be on the freeway by four. It was a two hour drive from my house to Indianapolis, and the doors opened at six. There was most likely going to be traffic because it was raining.

We finally left at four ten. As soon as we got on the freeway, there was traffic. It cleared up by the time we got to state line, though. That was good. Brenda was telling me about how she couldn't wait to see them. She ended up falling asleep and I attempted sleepeing. It didn't work out for me. When we got off the freeway, we had problems. My mom was being stupid and thinking that we were going the wrong way. We got into the crowd at six twenty. The show would start in ten minutes. Before everything started, we made our way as close as we could to get to the barracades. We were five people away.

The first band was called House of Heroes. They were pretty cool. During their set, we moved up to where there were two people in between us and the barracades. The second band came on. They had a really hot bassist. He looked kind of like Ryan Ross sort of. This band was called This Provedence. I got really angry during their set. This girl elbowed me in the stomach while hopping like an idiot, then said that I hit her. Her friend kept flipping her really high up ponytail in Brenda's face. She got kind of mad, too. Those girls left to meet the Hot bassist after This Provedence finished. someone else was saving their spot. We asked if we could stand there just for Ludo. She said okay then didn't let us stand there like the bitch she was. Ludo started getting set up. Brenda and I were yelling random things at Tim Ferrell because he was the closest to where we were. He was just ignoring us.

As soon as Andrew started sound checking, he looked at me. Like in the eyes. I think he remembered me from when they played at Warped Tour. I was in the very front of the crowd at Warped, and right in front of his microphone. Their first song was Go-Getter Greg. Andrew kept making eye contact with me, it was awesome. At the beginning of the song, we actually got these two nice people to switch with us while Ludo played. I was really happy. Next, they played Hum Along. I'm not sure if he looked at me then because I wasn't paying attention. When there's a song I don't know, I feel ashamed to be watching a band play. I'm weird like that.
"So, how many of you saw us at Warped Tour this summer?" Andrew asked the crowd after Hum Along. I raised my hand and screamed, then looked around. I saw about five other hands. He looked right at me and said "It was hot, wasn't it" I was speechless, so I nodded a little. they played Topeka, then Pt, 1: The Broken Bride. Andrew gave us directions to St. Louis. Then they played Drunken Lament, Lake Pontchartrain, Good Will Hunting By Myself, and Love Me Dead. Andrew kept making eye contact with me in every song. The only time I got creeped out was when he was making eye contact with me and doing dirty things to his guitar, like licking it and humping it. After they finishes, we went ot where they were selling merch because we don't really like Relient K, and because we wanted to meet Ludo.

I bought Ludo's self titled album that came with a free bandana. I also got a kazoo, some pins, a sticker, and a poster. Brenda and I bought some stuff. I got some Skittles, and she got some water for each of us. We ate Skittles and sat. I was calling my mom when Brenda told me she saw Andrew out. I hung up on her and we walked over to the merch area. We talked to Andrew first.
"Hello again!" he said.
"Hey." I relpied. I was nervous. He did remember me. I was kind of happy.
"What's up?"
"Nohing.... Could you please sign this?" I handed him my poster which he gladly signed. Brenda asked if he could take a picture with me. He did. It looked stupid. He also signed Brenda's poster and took a picture with her.
Next, we went to Tim Convy. He was cool. He asked if we'd seen them before. I saw them at Warped Tour, but Brenda didn't. After Convy was Matt Palermo. He's Brenda's favorite. She tried to get this rose from him that another fan had given him. It was funny because he wouldn't give it. He also took a picture with us. We noticed that Tim Ferrell and the guy that was filling in for Marshall weren't there. I asked Convy and he said that they were loading out, so we waited. We watched some of Relient K's set until I noticed Tommy. Tommy was the guy who was filling in for Marshall. We walked out and had him sign our posters and take pictures with us. We did the same with Ferrell. We wasted more time. Watched Relient K play Be My Escape and The Best Thing. They let someone propose to his girlfriend who said yes. Then we wasted more time. This guy from This Provedence came out so we had him sign stuff. Wasted even more time. Then the show was over. I got a picture with Tommy and Davis, the hot bassist from This Provedence. It was cool, then we left. We didn't get to my house until about one thirty the next morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Look on my profile at the pictures of me with Ludo and This Provendence!