‹ Prequel: This Is An S.O.S.
Sequel: Super Sophomores

Freshman Year

November 14, 2008

This is just the dance.

I was in the car with my mom, Tina, and Becky. My mom and her friends were going to take me to the dance. I had them take me to Brenda's house instead. We were really early. I got to Brenda's at 6:30. She still wasn't done getting ready. Her house was really nice. It was an apartment and the inside was really clean and stuff. I sat on her couch and was talking to her about stuff. I met her friend, Mya today. She's in my English class. Brenda wanted me to IM Calrlos about her. It was funny. He said that she looks ghetto. She kind of does. It's the way she does her makeup. And then he said that he wasn't interested in her or any of my friends.

We got lost on the way to the Moose Lodge. Brenda thought it was across from Krispy Kreme, but it was actually over by the local Aldi's. Inside, the Moose Lodge smelled funny. I also felt really underdressed. I was wearing a dress from Hot Topic and some leggings. First, we went to Leslie. She's on Yearbook and gets to go to all of the school functions. I saw Josh. He looked okay in his suit and tie. He's so uptight, he looks really funny all the time. he told me he liked my hair. I got a haircut after school. Brenda and I walked around and tried to find people. I found Chelsea, Kayla, Austin, Rebecca, Ashley, Muhammed, Brielle, and that's it.

We started dancing to that one song. I keep forgetting what it's called(wanna help me out?) it's the song where the guy's like "Everybody clap your hands!" and then people clap a whole bunch of times. After that was the Electric Slide. Brenda and I started to mingle. We got drinks and cookies and then walked around. Rebecca, Austin, and Ashley came to talk to us. Rebecca refused to talk to me for no reason at all. Ashley liked my hair, and I can't remember what Austin said. Josh popped up. I think he likes my awesomeness. He kept like looking at my carefully covered boobs.

Leslie disappeared, but we found her. She was going to take a picture of us. She didn't, though. We danced some more. Shavonne got there. She looked kind of weird in her dress. It was purple and didn't flatter her at all. Briana kept being creepy. Like, she would push people out of the way and dance with them. She danced with me. I didn't like it. I met Sargeant Major. He's pretty cool. I also saw Nathan. He was as uncomfortable as I was. We both were just kind of there, watching everyone dance. This guy in a striped shirt was being a Go-Getter Greg if you know what I mean. Josh was being creepy. I didn't like that he kept popping up everywhere and trying to dance with me. Nathan's girlfriend got kind of mad at him for not dancing. When they came back from talking, he danced a little. He looked really awkward; I felt awkward. We took a picture and hung out a little. Nathan and I sat there, later. The rest of the girls danced. When Nathan left, I got kind of bored. I called my mom who was already there and she picked me up. It was okay, I guess.