‹ Prequel: This Is An S.O.S.
Sequel: Super Sophomores

Freshman Year

December 12, 2008

Today was the moment of truth; the day I find out if Kevin's in jail or just suspended. He's been out for six days.

I got to school late. My mom was taking forever and yeah. When I walked in, I said hi to Jenny, then said hi to Joe. I remembered Kevin, so I went to the cafeteris. I knew Jenny wouldn't follow me, so yeah. When I walked in, I looked over to the tables on the left side and saw that familiar striped Fallen hoodie. I ran to Brenda. She saw him, too. Apparently, she texted me, saying he was here. I looked at my phone, she did.

In Spanish, we took notes. It was really boring. I had a headache, so I just had my head down. The teacher lost all this stuff and everyone was calling her stupid. I got her to sign a paper that gets me out of class next Tuesday. There's a chorus concert.

In Chorus, we sang. I told Ryan about what my mom said about him last night. There was a chorus concert last night and I was sitting behind him. I was also messing with him. My mom said I was flirting with him. We sang some. The teacher yelled at these other students because they wouldn't shut up.

On the way to Anthropology, Ryan asked me "Did your mom really say that?"

"Yeah." I answered. "Its really annoying."

In Anthropology, we took notes. Ryan showed off his Jewish stuff. We got in our groups to work on our project. We had to discuss our acting routine or dance routine. We chose a dance routine because I already picked out a song. Ryan sat against my desk when he finished putting his stuff away. I got up and then he switched seats with me. I sat on top of the desk, but got down because I was scared he was looking at my butt.

I didn't see Kevin on the way to English. I was guessing that he also had ISAP after his suspension.

In English, we learned about the Holocaust. We're about to read a story called Night. at the end of class, Ryan messed with me some more. He wasn't being mean today. I mean, he pushed my chair around, but I had fun this time.

Art was still boring. Mikey was all telling me about how Kevin was in juvie for a day. That made me think about why he wasn't at achool. He could have not spent all of his suspension days. I tought he had six days after juvie. He would have only spent five. I got way behind in class. I had three projects to work on. I made one really quick and the other I kept working on. Iwas almost done, so it wouldn't really matter. I'm going to take my stuff home after I finish my one project.