‹ Prequel: This Is An S.O.S.
Sequel: Super Sophomores

Freshman Year

December 28th and 29th.

Sunday, the 28th.

I'd woken up from a nap and had a missed call from Brenda. I called her back because I hadn't talked to her in a while. She couldn't remember why she called me. We talked for a little bit. She wanted to call Kevin. I told her that his phone was probably off because the last time I tried to call him, it was. She said to call back in like half an hour.

I went and did stuff. Like, I ate dinner, that kind of thing. When I was done, it was around seven. I called Brenda back. She was like "So.... what about Kevin?"
"Um. Hold on. Let me call him." I told her.

I pressed the "New Call" button on my phone. I went through my phone book and called Kevin. It rang a few times before he answered. "Hello?"
"Hi." Brenda hung up.
"I really wanted to talk to you." He said.
"No way."
"Yes way."
"Sooo...."
"How's life?"
"Suckish." I told him.
"Yeah. You sound suckish."
"Nahh. I'm just sick today."
"Really? Well, that sucks."
"Oh! Um. James Dunbar told me to ask you if you wanted to go to the mall with me and him and people tomorrow." I totally invited him to come. Well, I was only going to go if either him or Alustriel went.
"I'm on house arrest, remember? I would totally go if I wasn't, though."
"I'm sorry, I forgot." I really was sorry. I kind of wished he wasn't on house arrest.
"So... what'd you get for Christmas?" he asked me.
"Um. I got an iHome, a whole friggen' box of boba which is this fancy Asian drink that they had in California, and a jacket."
"I'm gonna have to like go soon. I have to visit my dad in the hospital. He's like close to death."
"Well that like sucks."
"Yeah. He's got like a tube shoved down his throat and stuff."
"Well, Brenda wanted to talk to you and stuff, so hold on." I called Brenda back.

"Does Kevin remember me for the sixth grade?" she asked me.
"I dunno. Why don't you ask him yourself?"
"Yeah. I'm right here." He said.
"Oh. I thought I was on the other line."
"Nope," I told her.
"So, do you?"
"Yeah." They went on talking about the sixth grade. I didn't live here in the sixth grade, so I really didn't know anything they were talking about. Brenda told me that Kevin liked the Insane Clown Posse. I found a ten dollar bill on my floor.
"Yes! I'm rich. I just found ten dollars on my floor." I jumped and landed on my butt on my bed. There was a cracking noise. "Oh crap. I just broke my bed."
"I got like five hundred dollars and an Xbox 360 for Christmas." Kevin said.
"No way!" Brenda replied. "Get on Xbox Live!"
"I don't want to hook it up to my internet," Kevin said. "Well, I've got to go take a shower and stuff so I can see my dad in the hospital. Talk to you later."
"Bye." I said.
"Tell her you'll talk to her later baby" Brenda said.
"No! Don't. Please."
"Tell her you'll talk to her later baby! Do it now!"
"Oh my gosh don't."
"I'll talk to you later, babe."
"Well, geez."
"Awh! How cute!"
"I hate you." I said.

Monday the 29th.

I was kind of bored. It was like nine at night and I couldn't sleep. I texted Kevin. He's going to be red.

Ello
Random.
Mhm. I'm kind of bored.
God, I wish I could have gone to the mall.
James Dunbar kind of scares me. I didn't go.
Would you have gone if I went?
If you or Alustriel went.
Who?
My friend. The tall one with the light hair.
My shoulders just shrugged. I don't know.
The one who wanted to meet you.
Oh. Okay.
So...... how's life?
Baddish.
No way.
Way.
No. Way.

"I'm outside of your window with my radio!" my phone was ringing. I listened to Niki FM playing because it's my special ringtone for Kevin. I know he likes that song.
"Hello." I answered the phone.
"Hello."
"So....." We talked about the baddish day. Talking to Kevin was kind of weird. I've never really talkd to him without other people.
"So, where exactly do you live?" he asked me.
"Well, there's a movie theater and a Lowes that are right next door to each other."
"Like which movie theater?"
"Showcase sixteen."
"Yeah. I don't really know where that is." He said.
"Um. I live by Southern." That made it a little easier. The movie theater is closer to my house, though.
"So you live all the way off Preston?" he asked.
"Yeah." I told him.
"Well, you don't live that far from me. I live kind of by Six Flags.... hold on. My mom's calling me." It was so funny. He was yelling "What!?" like really loud. He'd also like do it in different tones.

I remember talking about his Myspace. He wanted to change his mood and status. I told him to change his mood to super special awesome. He changed it to kooky/wacky and his status was on the phone.

He had to pee and was like talking to me while he was peeing. That was really funny. He was like "Tell me you can't hear that." I told him I couldn't. I had him on speaker.

Um. We talked about our families. I told him that my mom is a nosy whore and that if I left my room, she'd ask who I was talking to. His mom is kind of like that, but like she would call him and ask if he was on the phone.

I told him I didn't do anything. Well, with my friends. They're always busy doing stuff that doesn't involve me. My California friends usually did stuff with me. He usually does stuff with his friends.

"I kind of want to sit in my clothes hamper." I said.
"You mean like play in it like a spaceship? I do that sometimes."
"No. I mean get stuck in it and act like a hermit crab"
"You know, you're one of the weirdest people I've ever met."
"Yeah. I get that a lot."

We talked about The Whitest Kids U' Know. He likes it, too. The one with Scotty. My favorite is the one with Francis Scott Key. I started to watch that one. It's on my iPod.

Kevin has a queen sized bed. We were all talking about how I broke my bed and he asked me "What size is your bed, anyway?"
"Small," I told him.

Kevin had to go. It was almost eleven and his phone was about to die. I checked my Myspace. For Kevin's status and mood, it said kooky/wacky and that he was on the phone. He did that forty minutes earlier. Geez, we were on the phone for a long time.