‹ Prequel: This Is An S.O.S.
Sequel: Super Sophomores

Freshman Year

January 6, 2008

I sat and talked with Brenda before school. I showed her my list of possibe songs. It's just a list of songs I want to get on my iPod. Kevin came and sat next to me. I showed him my list, too. He said that he was just listening to I'm Shipping Of To Boston by the Dropkick Murphys. He likes them, too. The scariest thing ever happened. Kevin was like "Hey look." I looked over at him. He looked back.

"Oh my gosh, you got a haircut!" he moved his hair from his eyes. "And- oh my god, I can see your eyes!"

"Yeah. They're blue. Sexy." Dunbar came. It was funny. See, Dunbar has this obsession with penises and masterbating. It was really funny what he told me, though.

He was like "Oh! You should hear Kevin's masterbating stories. One time, he didn't have any lube, so he used tanning lotion. It was a different shade than the rest of his body for a while." Kevin was looking at me, trying to hold back laughter. His face was pink. It was weird. I've never seen his face pink.

In spanish, we did classwork. It was boring. I started it, but didn't finish. I was really bored.

In chorus, we sang. Ryan and I talked about stuff. Nathan farted on Ryan and he didn't notice. It was really funny. Chelsea and I talked about stuff. I accidentally left my list of possible songs in there.

Anthropology was boring. We just talked about stuff. Mostly about our new years resolutions. Mine was to learn how to play the guitar.

English was boring. All we did was read and answer questions. I really didn't want to read ahead in the book, but had to because we had to stay working.

Art was different. Kevin was there, but was sick, and Mikey wasn't at school. Kevin said he was really hurting. That he was sick. He didn't seem sick before school. I dunno. We talked about stuff. Then it got really quiet. He started making noises. Oh my gosh, it was funny. It was like sound effects for his drawing. I had to distract myself to keep from laughing. We talked a little about falling asleep in class. Kevin can do it without a problem. I can't sleep during class at all.

At the end of class, I remembered that I brought my yearbook. It was to show Jenny my black hair. I looked stupid with black hair. There was also a picture in there of me with my 'fro. I knew Kevin would want to see that. "Wanna see something scary?" I asked him.

"Are you going to show me a picture?"

"Of my 'fro." I opened up the yearbook to the page with the picture of me and my friend, Sam eating cookies.

"Oh my God." He said.

"I know. It's huge, isn't it?"

"Well, it's not that bad. Your face and all is still the same"

"It's ugly," I realised that he was talking about my face. "I'm ugly."

"Well, I don't think so."

"I do."

We just kind of stood there. Kevin took out his iPod and started listening to it. I took mine out and started listening to it, too. Kevin walked over to Jacob. They talked, and I bugged TJ, Joel, and Shantionne. I put my iPod away when Kevin walked back to me. "Geez, you only had your iPod out for like fifty seconds and now you're putting it away?"

"Yeah. I forgot my mom was picking me up."

The bell rang. We walked out side by side. I dunno. I think we really only need each other's company. Like, I could see us sitting in a room together with no one else and not talking.

"Quick hug," he said when we got to the stairs. I leaned into him and he gave me one of his awesome hugs.