You're Seldom Known and Barely Missed

The Last Night on the Bus

"Finally! You got back just in time. Where were you?" Summer asked me as soon as I entered the bus. I tried to catch my breath as I sat down on the couch. "On.. a date... with Bill." I said between deep breaths.

Valerie smiled "Bella and William sittin' in a tree..." I hit her in the head and laughed as she glared at me jokingly. "If you want to know what happened, your gonna have to shut up and be nice." I said with raised eyebrows.

"Yes, miss." Samantha said and I stuck my tongue out at them. "Okay, so we went to this pizza place, and they were having karaoke night..." as I told them what happened, I saw them all laugh and shake their heads. "I love how you pulled him all the way here by his wrist." Samantha said with a devious smile. "Really tells you whose pants are being worn in this relationship." I punched her arm. "He gave those back, you know."
~.~.~.~.~
"Time for another game of truth or dare!" Valerie yelled as we all got in a circle around the main room. "I wanna start! Hmm... Bella, truth or dare?"

I rolled my eyes as Valerie picked me first. Why me? "Truth, I guess." I said, and had a vague idea of exactly what was coming.

"Hmm... wimp. Alright, have you and Bill gotten to second base yet?" she asked with an evil smile. I looked down and blushed before responding. "Maybe." I said, and everyone laughed. "That's totally a yes." Samantha stage-whispered to Summer, and they all laughed again. "Alright, enough laughter at my expense, it's my turn to choose a victim."

I looked around the circle, thinking carefully. Then I remembered something that had been nagging at me for a while. "Summer. Truth or dare?" I said matter-of-factly. She sighed. "Truth. I don't want to know what kind of dare you could come up with."

I smiled and shook my head. "Alright. What actually happened between you and Shaant? I know something did, and remember, the truth will set you free." I saw her frown and look down. "It's complicated, but I guess we've got time, and you'd probably force it out of me no matter what. You should probably know anyways. Come here." she motioned for me to follow her away from the group.

"You know we were close in high school, right?" she said, and I nodded. "Well, I really liked him. He found out, and asked me out in college. Things went good for a while, then, I noticed he started acting kind of weird. One day, he said we needed to talk. I knew what that meant, so I asked him why. He said..." she started to get a little emotional, and I walked closer and patted her on the back. "It's okay. It's over, alright. What did he say?" I asked. She took a deep breath and started again. "He said that he saw a girl that looked like you the other day, and he realized something. He realized that he didn't want to stop fooling me. He'd always liked you, and that going out with me just reminded him of you."

I stood there in shock. "Oh my God. Are you okay? I'm surprised you still talk to me..." she smiled weakly and shook her head. "It wasn't your fault. He's just freak." she said and we laughed a little. "Well, I'm glad we're cool. And I'll definitely kick Shaant's ass for you the next time I talk to him, alright?"

"Sounds great. Now, let's get back to the group and see what we missed." she said, and we walked back in that direction. "So THAT'S what happens at 'the guitar store'." I heard Samantha say, and knew we were talking about Valerie and Michael. "I knew it all along." Felicity said. "You never did come back with anything."

"Now Felicity, let's not forget all the times you and Mikey have disappeared." I added, and we laughed. There couldn't have been a better way to spend our last night on that tour bus together.