There's a Fine Line Between What Is Justified or Just Obscene

The Beginning of a Beautiful Relationship

There was a momentary blackout; I’m not quite sure how I got out of my conversation with Ryan; but the next thing I knew, I was running to the bus, my eyes just starting to become glassy. I didn’t understand at all… Why would he hook up with some girl the night after he slept with me? Sure, I’d yelled at him. He broke up with me, and then he decides to sleep with me while I have amnesia? But that wasn’t the point. He was so disgusted with me that he’d used me, and then not even taken twenty-four hours to get with another girl.

I flung open the door, slamming it behind me, and collapsed on the couch in the back lounge. I hadn’t noticed if anyone else was on the bus; at this point I didn’t care. I let my tears loose, beginning to cry uselessly into the pleather couch I lay upon.

“Bella? Bells?” I heard a familiar voice coming from the door. “Oh, pobrecita.” Gabe came to sit next to me on the couch, rubbing my back tenderly. After a few minutes of my hopeless sobbing, I sat up, rubbing my eyes, trying to tell him what was wrong.

“I-I… Bill… And…” I started to cry again, but this time, I wrapped my arms around my friend and cried into his shoulder. He started to rub my back again, and didn’t seem to mind at all that I was soaking his favorite purple hoodie with my tears. “Bill a-already has a new girlfriend!” I wailed, continuing to cry.

“Shhh, sh. Tranquilo, novia. Bill doesn’t know what he’s doing. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with you. He’s only being stupid. We all know he is. Tranquilo.” He continued to murmur Spanish comfortingly into my ear, and I started to recover. I looked up at Gabe, my eyes still bleary.

“Th-thank you. Thank you so much, Gabe. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

“Probably go to your girl friends and interrupt their couple time for comfort.” He smirked and kissed the top of my head. “Also, you would currently be lacking a plan for revenge.”

I pulled back and stretched, a weak smile on my face. “You’ve already come up with one, then?” He nodded, the smirk never falling off of his face. “Alright. Nice. Lay it on me.” I paused, and my eyes widened. “Only not literally because that could be dangerous, depending upon what the plan is.”

He laughed. “Okay. Really, I think you should use someone to make him jealous. I mean, if you wanted to be nice, you could tell them ahead of time about the plan, but that part’s unnecessary.”

“I guess I could talk to Brendon-”

“Sorry, he and Summer got together while you had amnesia.” He rubbed the back of his head, looking at the floor. “Something happened about Summer being mad at Ryan, but then Ryan got sad, and Brendon was comforting Ryan, and standing up to Summer, and she thought that was sweet, and she was all enamored, and he’s had a little crush on her since he met her. I don’t really know if that’s it exactly though.”

I squeezed my eyes shut. “There goes our plan.”

“You could use me.”

My eyes flew back open, and my jaw dropped. “Gabe! No, I mean… But… What if? And you…. And… But…”

“I’m your best friend, so I know the plan. I’m aware of what I’m getting into. Also, we’ve kissed before, and it wasn’t awkward, so the public affection shouldn’t be a problem. I mean, you have admitted you find me attractive. I see no cons.”

I opened my mouth to speak, but closed it again. He was right. There seemed to be no problems with his plan. It was actually sort of flawless. I mean, he had gotten a 4.0 GPA in college… Previous to dropping out, of course. “Alright, alright fine. But if something goes wrong…”

“It’s all my fault.” He smiled, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. “I think this is the beginning of a beautiful thing. Bella. Just wait and see.”

I sighed. “When do we start, though? Like, do we just start acting coupley today? Doesn’t that make me sort of a hypocrite? I mean, I would feel really bad to do the same exact thing to him as he’s doing to me.”

Gabe smiled. “We start whenever you want to. I was thinking tomorrow. You got upset today, came in, I comforted you, we both realized we were meant to be or whatever, but you didn’t want to take it to fast. I told you to sleep on it, make sure it wasn’t just your problems with Bill effecting your judgment. You came back the next morning and told me you were sure. We became official.”

I raised my eyesbrows. “Well look at Mr. Organized, has it all figured out.”

“Hey, I’m a lot more than a face, novia.” He smiled, and I laughed. I always knew Gabe would never let me down.
♠ ♠ ♠
I finally updated! \o/ No, I didn't just move this from, Quizilla. I've been over my head in work and crap lately, so I just had to find time to write it. I wrote the whole chapter today, I just haven't had time to sit down and write until now.