There's a Fine Line Between What Is Justified or Just Obscene

Revenge is a Great Thing (Part 2)

"Alright, alright. This is gonna be our last song." I said into the mic. I heard a 'boo.' and I laughed a little. "Chillax. You know we're known for our phenomenal encores." I joked, and a few screams rang out. I grabbed my guitar and adjusted the strap a little."Well, this one's called Revenge."

"By now you should know everything you say
Can and will be used against you some day
I got the microphone so dont go too far
Cause I'm gonna tell the whole world how you really are

"I dont even care how you're gonna feel
Cause I've already tried to give you something real
So go ahead and get mad never talk to me again
I dont even care cause I got my

"Revenge
Revenge
Revenge
Got my revenge"

I sang my heart out, referring to the encore that was coming later. I honestly couldn't wait to get my revenge. And it just so happened I'd performed this song a lot on tour the first time with Bill.

"One night youre begging me to stay
The next night you push me away
I don't need you're promising to give it up
It's too late cause now I'm giving up

"Revenge
Revenge
Got my revenge

"So go ahead and get mad never talk to me again
I don't even care cause I got my

"Revenge
Revenge
Got my revenge"

As the lights went down, I ran backstage. "So, Hayley. Who all is joining us for the spectacular encore?"

"Oh, everyone but Bill." she said with a smile, and I think my jaw fell to the floor.

"This better get on youtube." I said, laughing. Then I had a revelation. "They all know the song?"

"A few already did. But we're good teachers, too." Hayley said, gesturing to Josh, Zac, and Jeremy.

"Wow. Thanks." I said with a smile. I heard the cheers getting louder and I realized the crew must be setting up. I quickly did the math in my head. "Holy shit! We're going to have 6 guitarists, 5 drummers, 4 lead singers, 5 bassists, and a keytarist!"

Hayley smiled widely at me before going out onstage. "I know." I heard the crowd's yells and screams grow deafening. Wait. Deafening? Who was I kidding? No, the real screaming started when Gabe, Brendon, and all the guys and Vicky-T walked out.

"Now you may be wondering while all but two of us are out here." Hayley said, and I heard a few shouts of agreement. "Well, some of you seem to be misinformed about our girl, Bella." She nodded to Gabe abd he took over.

"See we all know that my chica Bella and my man Bill had a good time for about a year." I heard some whistles, and some even louder boos. "Well, the thing is you seem to think that my senorita could break some boy's heart. Fact is, you got it wrong." I heard a few 'Huh?'s and gasps.

"That's right," Vicky-T said, "Bella didn't break up with Bill. It was the other way around." I heard some sighs, 'Oh my god!'s and a few 'aww's. "So, now that that's all cleared up... How about you give her a big welcome?!"

I smiled as I walked out an gave a small wave. The cheers I heard were louder than any from our real set, and it made me feel a lot better. "Now, I know some of you have video cameras, or phones or cameras with video capability. Please, get them out. I want all our fans to be able to watch this on youtube. Heck, I wanna see it." I said, hearing some laughs and cheers. "So, if you do tape it and put it up, send me a link so that I can put it up." I heard more screams, and laughed a little. "Well, this is a song by Hayley here." I draped my arm around her shoulders. "It's called 'Rewind.'" I heard a few really excited squeals, but more confused noises than anything else. "I know, most of you haven't heard it. But, it's perfect for the moment. This one's for Bill."

"Dont come looking for me
Cause I'll be right here with the words you said
I'm looking for the words to say
You know what you did, you know
And how can anybody
Forget the promise that you made?
Cause this is how the promise breaks
Always knew you'd fall through
And now you're proof...

"Rewind to the first time
That I felt it coming
I knew it would not last
And rewind to the first time
That I felt it coming
Make it quick make it painless
Dont tell me lies just say goodbye."

Gabe, Brendon, Hayley and I just improvised, each taking over at different times. Our instrumental back-up? Ridiculously amazing. I mean, just think about it. All of us, up there performing together... We were definitely granting some wishes.

"If I told anybody
That we would soon forget your name
You would never have a place
I always knew youd fall through and now
Youre proof...

"And rewind to the first time
That I felt it coming
I knew it would not last
And rewind to the first time
That I felt it coming
Make it quick make it painless
Dont tell me lies just say goodbye.

"Please dont say too much, ohhhh
I think we've heard enough from you oohhh

Don't tell me lies just say goodbye."

I honestly believe that right then, I heard louder screams and yells than I have ever heard or will ever hear in my entire life. Every human and animal within a few miles must have at least temporary hearing loss.

Then, I saw Bill off the side of the stage, and I struggled to keep smiling. He was obviously angry, and his eyes almost looked misty with tears.

This revenge deal? Not so hot, after all.

I'm gonna say all those bad things about you ...about you
[b]I'll make up things so everyone hates you

As soon as the lights went out, I rushed backstage, and he grabbed me, pulling me outside.
"Was that really neccessary? First you and your little Ryan turn the only girl I'd had since Christine against me. Then, you turn my fans against me?"

"Do you even think about how I felt? How I felt when a girl who sent me a birthday present the year before, one fo the coolest fans I ever had slapped me at the kickoff? How about how I felt when I had to move from friend's apartment to friend's apartment, always keeping my stuff in suitcases, wondering whose couch I'll live on next? When I can't date a guy because I think I'll be using him to get over you? When I cried myself to sleep every night for a month, wondering why I wasn't good enough? Womdering what Christine had that I didn't. No, you never thought about that, did you? Or you would understand that you deserve anything I could do to hurt you. To quote The Spill Canvas, Maybe if I ripped your heart apart at the seams, maybe then you'd know how I feel." I turned on my heel and walked away determinedly, ignoring his small sigh of "Bella. Come back."

Love is overated.
It leaves you devastated
Heart ripped in two
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, yeah, it's melodramatic. I can't help my inner angst. =P