Status: Slowly Active.

I Hope They Taste of Me Forever

Chapter Fifteen

I couldn't hang out around the guys as much. The guilt of keeping such a dangerous secret was overwhelming and tiring, and if I didn't watch out Pete would pick up on it. He may have stopped searching my head so much, but I was sure that if he got suspicious that I was feeling guilty about something he would stop at nothing to figure out what it was. So I just tried to keep to myself as much as I could, without making them think I was stressed about something. However, this only lasted a few days before I got a veryunexpected unwelcome visit.

I walked back to my room after dinner slowly. The guys had just left to go hunting and I planned on just sleeping the time away. But no. Brendon Urie had other plans for me.

I opened the door to my room and almost screamed when I discovered that it wasn't empty. One of Beckett's 'besties' was sitting on my bed, playing with a small silver sphere that he held in his spindly fingers.

"Good evening, Miss Williams."

My eyes probably widened. I'm not too sure, because I was pretty much paralyzed in fear. You see, I wasn't afraid of those hood vamps that beat me up because I'd had worse, and I was just hoping to die and get it over with. But Beckett... he was a different story. He would torture me. He wouldn't just let me die, if he knew that was what I wanted. And pain that inexplicably excruciating... well, you'd be a fool not to be afraid of it.

"Urie," I spat, trying to cover up my shivering legs.

The one time I wear shorts. Seriously.

He smirked, obviously enjoying my discomfort, and his eyes travelled up and down my body hungrily.

Hunger for blood? No. He was more controlled than that.

Hunger for lust? Bingo. He was a man, after all.

"Call me Brendon," he requested casually.

I didn't even think about it. I would obey if I had to. He could probably hurt me almost as much as Beckett could.

"So Elle, how did you like my gift?" he asked patronizingly.

I was not going to answer that.

In a flash, he was standing in front of me, his index finger and thumb creating a circle around my wrist. I looked up at him. As much as it kills me to think this, he did have really nice eyes. Dark brown, with streaks of gold. A shame that such beauty is wasted on vampires. He began to walk backwards to his previous position, dragging me along with him. I ended up sitting stiffly beside him on my bed, and although I refused to look at anything other than my cold knees I could tell that he was watching me with amusement. He leaned over to my ear and grazed my earlobe with those ice-cold lips.

"Answer my question," he whispered, almost huskily.

"I hated it," I glared quietly.

He chuckled softly.

"So you tried it on?"

"No!" I snapped. "I was a bit preoccupied wondering how the hell you found out where we are."

He leaned back slightly and observed me for a moment, eyes scrunched slightly in thought.

"Here's a deal, sugar," he started, putting his fingers to my cheeks and gently but firmly forced me to look at him. "For each question that you want me to answer, you have to do something for me."

He held my fingers in one hand and raised them to his lips, not breaking our eye contact. This guy was despicable. But he might answer some of my questions... Was he even allowed to be doing this? What would Beckett say?

"William won't find out about this," Brendon stated firmly. Shit. I forgot that vampires could read minds. How could I forget that? "I won't be telling you anything he'd be mad at me for telling you, but it's either this or nothing at all, pumpkin."

What's with this guy and his pet names?

I pursed my lips in thought, but eventually came to one conclusion. I needed any opportunity I could get for information. If that meant giving this evil vampire a kiss or two then I could live with that. This doesn't count as prostitution, does it?

"How did you find out where we are?"

Brendon smirked for a second but let it fall.

"We've known ever since the night that you went hunting with them. It was already a suspected location, and we had guards on every suspected place in Chicago. It doesn't take a genius to figure out when we saw you all go back. Peter wouldn't have smelt them because the guard on this place was someone smart enough to disguise their scent."

I nodded. Made sense. But now I was dreading what was coming.

"Now, I want you to put your hand at the back of my neck..."

He took my hand and did as he was whispering. Goosebumps covered my arm.

"And run your fingers through my hair..."

I shivered, doing as he told me. I suppose this wasn't too bad. Yet. I glanced at his face, but I wasn't greeted with the signature smirk I expected. His eyes were closed and he was taking deep breaths, inhaling through his nose and letting the cool air escape his lips and dance on my skin. I couldn't help but wonder about him. I could tell that letting his guard down this much would not have been good news to Beckett. He seemed almost humanly. He looked young. Probably only a year or so older than I was when he was changed. I think that, in the depths of his mind, a tiny part of him missed being alive. I think that dealing with me, not using violent human contact (yet), reminded him of what it was like. But what would I know, right? I'm just a stupid human girl.

"You're not stupid," he whispered to me, opening his eyes and looking at me. "You're more intuitive than I gave you credit for."

He looked down in almost shame. He may have been a powerful vampire, but he was still just a kid. Just like me. And maybe I was letting my guard down too, but I pitied him. I massaged his skull, my fingers gliding through his silky brown hair. A small smile - not a smirk, but an actual smile - graced his lips, and a minute later I slid my fingers out of his hair and returned my arms to my sides. I still had questions that needed answers.

"How did you break in here? The guys aren't stupid. They have pretty strong security systems..."

"But strangely enough, one of the only windows in the entire warehouse is in your room. True, it's fairly high up, and it's not like we can turn into bats and fly up - stupid myth - but I happen to be pretty talented at scaling brick walls."

"You should be so proud," I murmured. He chuckled.

"My turn?" He cocked an eyebrow, but it was a rhetorical question.

I nodded stiffly, and looked down as he inched towards me. He lifted my chin with those pale fingers of his and gently ran one over my cheek. I looked him in the eye, and I'm sure my cheeks were slightly tinged with pink. He looked cautious, almost nervous, but that small, sincere smile once againtook hold of his lips after a few moments.

"You're blushing," he murmured.

I didn't answer, but he didn't seem to mind. He brought his hands to the back of my head and slowly, with permission from my eyes that he didn't need but took, let his fingers lose themselves in my hair. He bit his lip, anxiously watching my expression. I felt oddly calm, and showed this by letting my eyes flutter closed. Why I let myself feel this way, I don't know. But it felt good. Even though I knew that this could all be part of a scheme and he could kill me at any second, I didn't mind. Is this what you would call living in the moment? Letting your supposed enemy be so close to you? After a few minutes of a relaxing, gentle head massage, Brendon pulled his arms back to himself and looked down. I couldn't explain the atmosphere. Things had become... awkward? Yet at the same time so comfortable... Damn oxymorons.

"What was with the note?" I asked quietly.

"The note..." he murmured. "William told me to give you something for your birthday. How he knew it was your birthday, I don't know. But he told me to leave a note explaining just how much he wants you to return to us. Now he doesn't tell me everything, but I'm almost certain he wants to turn you. He just told me to be stealthy; he knew you wouldn't tell them. I had to maintain my 'dandiness', obviously. That's why I wrote as the cocky jerk that I usually am. He also wanted you to freak out a little too, just because he loves stirring things up. That's why... uh... that's why the present was what it was."

By the way he was staring holes in the bedspread, I could tell he was slightly embarrassed.

"Doesn't he have enough followers on his hands?" I scowled. I was hoping to lessen his embarrassment, but I only seemed to heighten it. Why I cared all of a sudden is a mystery.

"Uh..." Brendon stuttered. "I think he wanted... uh, someone... for... for me. He's getting obsessed with being a matchmaker. Three women have been turned in the last month to make suitable mates."

I nodded, but I don't think he saw, considering his conversation was still occurring with the bed. A minute passed in silence before I spoke quietly.

"What do you want me to do now?"

A deal's a deal, right? Even if it is with a vampire...

His chocolate eyes snapped up to meet mine. He appeared to consider it for a moment and opened his mouth.

"Just... close your eyes and stay still for me."

I gave a jerk of my head to let him know that I would obey, and a few moments later I can't say that I was exceptionally surprised when I felt his fingertips brush against my arm. His fingers trailed over my body, raising more goosebumps wherever they went. I came to the conclusion that he was probably now sitting behind me from the way his fingers moved. He never really touched me, though. Never the palm of his hands, just fingertips, and instead of gliding smoothly over my skin they seemed to ghost over it, skimming, half the time touching and the other half just hovering. He didn't touch me anywhere inappropriate. Or anywhere any more inappropriate that this situation already was. He just traced down my arms and legs, from my shoulder to my ankle, passing briefly down my side and over my hips as he returned up to my collarbone.

I didn't even freak out when I felt his lips kiss the dip between my shoulder and my neck. I guess I'd been expecting it sooner or later. But once again, I was surprised at how good it felt. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm falling in love with the enemy or anything. But you don't have to be in love to feel good.

I stayed still as a statue, just like he'd requested, as he continued to kiss around my neck and collarbone, occasionally flicking his tongue along my skin or nipping my ear with his teeth. My breath hitched unintentionally, egging him on. I was surprised at how much control he had. He didn't seem focused on my blood at all. Then again, I couldn't see him. But when he pulled back five minutes later, I was still alive and breathing. That's a good sign, right? Well, for most people anyway.

When I opened my eyes he had returned to sitting beside me, but instead of dazzling the bed he was looking at me. I took a few seconds to take in his features. I could see more in him that just pale skin and fangs. His eyes were that beautiful, rich color, and his prominent nose and those full lips were well-proportioned on his pleasantly angular face. A shadow of stubble was perched on his lower chin, but it was barely noticeable. His eyebrows were scrunched together to form his almost-apologetic expression, and his coffee hair stood up a bit from when I had played with it. He was dressed in usual Dandy attire, ruffled cream shirt, black slacks, suspencers and a navy blue blazer, shiny black boots on his feet. He wasn't cut out for that immortal life. I was honestly puzzled as to how he could be so highly ranked that he was sent to do Beckett's more 'important' missions.

"I have one more question," I all but whispered.

"And I have one more task," His voice resonated through my ears. I'll admit, it did sound like a Dandy's voice. Deep, rich, and incredibly beautiful.

"Why me?"

A pained expression touched his face, but it disappeared so quickly that I almost didn't believe it ever existed. I could tell he didn't want to answer, but he would. I just needed to be patient.

"Because you remind me... Beckett... everyone. You remind everyone of the girl that I was in love with before Beckett killed her."

My mouth dropped open. I couldn't comprehend all my thoughts.

"Beckett pities me too. That's why he keeps me so close. But she was all I had and he was sincerely sorry when I sought him out. He offered me a place with them and being a naive nineteen year-old I was I accepted. Good thing, too. He would have killed me otherwise. I've gotten over it, for the most part. It was centuries ago. But Beckett still thinks he owes me. That, and you're Matt Williams' sister. Like I said, he loves to stir things up."

I nodded, but the pity inside me for this poor vampire in front of me swelled. See, if I was still with Matt he might have killed Brendon without a second thought. That might have been easier. Now I know his story. I can't grow too attached.

"I'm sorry, Elle," he said sincerely. "I've tried to convince him that I don't want it, but he's got his mind set now. And as for that attachment thought, I don't expect us to be secret friends or whatever. This is a one time thing. Next time I see you we'll be enemies again."

I nodded again. That was one thought off my chest, I guess.

"And your last task?" I questioned, my voice cracking slightly.

He bit his lip and our eyes met again. He held them there, deciding how I would respond. His request was eventually put into two simple words.

"Kiss me?"

I complieda little too eagerly. Now, having lived a less-than-normal life for the past four years, my kissing skills were a little rusty, but hell. His lips felt as amazing as they looked. I know he'd kissed me already, but not on the lips. I couldn't believe that I was actually in this situation. The guys had gone out and here I was, making out with one of the vampires that wanted them dead. He pulled my face closer to him and I let him. Okay, I did more than that. I responded quite well. I kissed him just as much as he was kissing me. I knew he was probably thinking of the girl he loved. I hoped he was, anyway. And by kissing him back I felt like I was giving him a last kiss from her.

"Thank you," he croaked, once we'd pulled away.

"That's okay," I smiled a small smile and pecked his lips one last time.

He stood up and took a moment to compose himself, and a few seconds later the egotistical bitch was back. Ha. It almost sounds like I'm describing Pete. He smirked at me.

"See you around, Miss Williams."

"Don't count on it," I snarled as he dramatically leapt out the window.

I slammed the window shut and let out a shaky breath. Was any of that even real? Oh well, I knew one thing.

I would have to tell the guys about this. It couldn't just stay a secret anymore. I had information for them. I'd just try not to tell them about how I obtained that information.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is Halloween candy. Hope you enjoyed it.