The Father You Should Be

Epilogue

Three Years Later

Holly and Michelle sat comfortably in the sun, talking about the latest news between both families. Jacoby was playing with the children as they all tried to beat him up. Everything between the two families had been cleared up along time ago.

Sebastian recovered from his injuries over a space of months, but he wasn’t the same child. He was more afraid of new places and new people. The first day he had to go to school he had been terrified to go, and it broke Holly’s heard to see him like that. The two parents of the child were told that the traumatic events would have a big effect on his life forever more.

Minutes later Sebastian was running through the back door and out into his father’s back garden, Brian was following him closely behind. “How did it go today?” Michelle asked, after he kissed her swollen stomach.

“Brilliant,” he grinned, as Sebastian ran over to help his step siblings in fighting Jacoby. “She said we’re doing great. She said she wants to see us every three months.” He beamed. After Sebastian recovered, Brian wanted them to bond but didn’t know how. So they ended up going to a therapy session once a week, now it was to be once every three months. “Where’s my little girl?”

“Beating up Jacoby with the boys,” Holly smiled, twisting her wedding ring on her finger. Two years after the incident, Jacoby and Holly wed at a small ceremony in a small church up in Sacramento. They ended up moving to Van Nuys so Jacoby could be closer to his kids, but that meant Sebastian was further away from his father.

Brian and Michelle had a little girl, Naomi, seven months after Sebastian was found. Now they where expecting their second child together in two months. Michelle knew it was another little girl, but the most that Brian knew was that the baby was healthy. He was happy that Michelle agreed to have another child before he had to tour with his band after nearly two years of being on hiatus.

One of the children let out a scream, both women sat up in their seats to see Jagger holding his bloody hand. He pushed his father away from him; Holly ran over and picked the six-year-old up. “Did daddy hurt you?” she asked softly, he nodded sniffling. “We’ll hit him will we?” again the young child nodded, Holly gave her husband a good whack on the head. She had warned him to be careful with them.

“C’mon, I’ll bring you inside to wash it okay?” Brian suggested, but Jagger wasn’t having any of it. “You can have some ice cream,” that got his attention and he ran into house. “Have we got any cigarettes?” he asked, he was trying his best to quit while Michelle was pregnant but neither was succeeding very well.

“Only Vogue,” she said, sticking her tongue out. She knew smoking was bad for her child but couldn’t help it. So she smoked cigarette’s that weren’t as harmful as Marlboro. Holly smiled, listening to her son and stepson have a conversation, as Jacoby played with Naomi. Seconds later Jagger was running out of the house with an ice cream in his hand.

“My dad and your mom where making weird noises in the bed and moving allot. Dad told me they where wrestling in bed. But they never do that out of bed.” Holly clamped her hand over her mouth, shocked at what Makaile had just said.

“Daddy and Elle did one time,” Sebastian told his brother. “Daddy called it fucking.” Michelle spat out of her drink, trying to hide the laughter. Holly’s eyes went wide and was about to shout Brian out of it when she saw him carrying a baby with the twenty pack of Vogue sticking out of his mouth.

“Look who I found, wide-awake,” Brian tried to say with the box in his mouth. Michelle took them out, cooing at the baby. “Poor child was whining inside and no one would give her the time of day,”

“Oh shut up,” Holly scowled him, taking her small daughter from Brian. “If she was really lonely she would have used her lungs from attention, wouldn’t you sweetheart?” she cooed. “By the way,” she said, her voice still sweet. “You tell my son that you where fucking again, and I’ll fuck you up.” She smiled.

“I’d like to see you try,” he muttered with a smile. His wife nudged him hard in the ribs. “Hey, Seb, you gonna show your mom and Michelle the picture you had to draw today?” he shouted, Sebastian ran into the house and came back out, plopping between his mother and step-mother.

“Oh, wow. This is brilliant, baby. I think we’re gonna have to put this on the fridge when we get home.” Holly smiled, as he handed Michelle a picture as well. “Are you gonna tell us who all these people are?”

“You know them all mommy!” he giggled.

“Yeah, but you have to tell me because I’m not very good with people.” Michelle told him, Sebastian just looked confused.

“Otay,” he huffed. “This is my mommy, me, Chloe, Jag, M and dada,” he told them in one breath. Although Sebastian still called Jacoby dada, he called Brian daddy. “This is you, NoNo and daddy,” there was a couple of names he couldn’t pronounce like Naomi or Makaile. “Oh and the baby in your tummy.” He grinned happy with his artwork.

“Baby, this is beautiful, you’re the best.” Holly kissed Sebastian’s head. “Everyone will love this, the boys and your little sister.” Sebastian scrunched up his face in confusion. “They’ll love it because they all love you, Seb.”

He grinned at his mother, “And I love my family.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Officially the end of this tale! Hope you enjoyed it, thanks to everyone for commenting, reading and subscribing!