We're Going Live

Twelve

“Hm…” Gerard pondered, his nose scrunching slightly, “Platform six,” he asked, cocking his eyebrow, “Platform seven, platform six, platform seven… take a pick?” he asked me, clucking his teeth, “Platform seven, let’s go with that one,” he grinned, wrapping his hand back round mine, “Maybe platform six-“

‘This is Arriva trains at Jersey… if your destination is wanted to Los Angeles, San Diego, Tijuana and Mexicali please resign to platform six…’

Gerard nodded at the droning think American accent. He grinned and began to trot towards Platform six, sniffing thickly occasionally to get rid of his blocked nose. We came at the right time so we wouldn’t have to wait for ages, or have to run to catch the train. The ride went surprisingly quickly, I think I slept most of it, my head resting on Gerard’s lap and my feet tucked underneath me.

It was two thirty am by the time we got to San Diego, Gerard was blatantly knackered. He grinned sleepily, his eyes gleaming from the lights that were under the shelter of the waiting seats.

“It smells better than Jersey –do you wanna get a Burger? Burger Kings in that way?” he asked, “I fancy one those one with cheese and bacon and ghurkins and those little chopped white things,” he sighed, “Jeez does that sound good,” he mumbled, already starting over there, the drag along suitcase making a grounding noise as he led it by. I followed him, wrapping my arm around his and leaning my cheek on his shoulder, “Doesn’t that sound good baby?” he asked, shoving the door and making his way to the front, “And a coffee.”

“Fries, get fries too,” I told him, “And a chocolate muffin,” I asked, yawning a little as Gerard started ordering, speaking extremely slowly so the dopey worker could comprehend what he was talking about. I nuzzled my nose into his shoulder, trying to rid myself of the greasy burger smell that was stoutly stuck to the insides of my mouth.

“Doll, what’s up?” he asked, as I lifted the side of his jacket and pushed my face under his arm, “I know this place stinks like ass but I’m sure under there won’t be exactly flowers and candy babe,” he laughed, reaching behind him to get his wallet, “There,” he murmured, passing over the folded dollars.

Once we had gotten food we left pretty promptly. One, because the smell was disgusting. Two, because Gerard wanted a smoke. Instead we both walked around the side of the station and sat down on our suitcases, eating everything like we were starved –I think we were just greedy. The platform was scattered like a second skin with ground in gum. Me and Gerard started counting each large grey slab, trying to keep away from making ourselves dizzy by counting so much.

“Come over ‘ere,” Gerard said, wiping his hands on his jeans as I climbed over and knelt in the space of his arm. He pushed the last quarter of his burger into his mouth, chewing slowly as if he was annoyed his burger eating was over, “I can’t wait until we managed to haul our asses up and get to the hotel. We can maybe have a bath, go to bed and cuddle for a while. The bed christening can keep for tomorrow,” he yawned, resting his cheek on the top of my head.

I nodded, rubbing circles on my stomach to try and sooth the tight feeling resurrected inside. Gerard inwardly burped, his face contorting slightly.

“I shouldn’t have eaten so much –that muffin topped it,” he muttered, “But that burger tasted so damn good, I almost got an erection over it –almost, I managed to hold off though,” he snorted from behind me, causing a few passing people to look at him like he was on crack, “If it wasn’t so late I’d consider giving my mom a buzz and saying goodnight to bubs, but he sleeps like a log once he’s out,” Gerard murmured.

I nodded into his shoulder, feel him push his lips to the top of my jaw and then my cheek. I sighed and looked up, feeling a pang of sympathy at his pink eyes and clumped eyelashes. The insides of his lip were dry and cracked and his hair hung limply around his face in slightly greasy locks.

“What?” he asked, grinning nervously, his top row of teeth only visible. I leant up and kissed his lips chastely, “…Thanks?” He chuckled, his eyes flicking to my lips and back up to my eyes. He leant down, and pecked me on the lips again, his nose nudging mine lightly.

“Gerard?” a male voice behind me suddenly snorted crudely, I pulled away, looking behind me. A tall man, with short brown hair stood there, an elgiable smirk led on his face, “You oughta get away from him darling, I wouldn’t count how many diseases he’s got by now,” he grinned.

“Fuck. Off,” Gerard spat, his hand tightening around mine.

“Calm down sweet ass,” he grinned, leaning against the wall next to Gerard’s head, “Thought you’d be too sore to be playing a round with little girls. How old are you darling? Fifteen?” he smirked.

“Fuck off! Leave her out of this –just fuck you!” Gerard spat again, hissing slightly when this short brown haired man grabbed his jaw.

“You skanky cunt, you didn’t finish the fucking job, I think you could repay me now –in front of your little girl here,” he smirked, pressing Gerard ‘s jaw against the front of his jeans. Gerard pulled back and scrabbled up, shoving him hard in the shoulders.

“Gerard!” I said, “Please –don’t!” I asked when he raised his fist threateningly.
“Yeah, go on, Gerard go play with your little girl,” he smirked. Gerard’s fist began to shake as he grabbed the brown haired mine by the collar and pushed him up against Burger King.

“Gee, come on!” I persisted, beginning to tug on his jacket.

“Run home sweet cheeks,” he smirked, making a grab for Gerard’s back pocket. Gerard drew his fist into ‘Brown Hair's’ jaw, smirking triumphantly as he crippled to the floor.

“Doll run!” he ordered, grabbing my hand and the suitcase.

“Oi!” A train conductor suddenly yelled from the other end of the train station, his black patent shoes making loud thumps against the floor.

I should have known Gerard would some how managed to get us running through the train station like idiots, un able to keep out laughter in for a few seconds. Gerard clasped his hand round mine and ran faster, giggling wheezily whilst numerous train security guards chased after us calling abuse. We managed to get ut of the train station and round the corner, both of us falling into one of those small corner shops.

He continued to drag me down the aisle, ducking behind the magazine aisle as they ran past the see through glass, not even noticing we had gone inside. My stomach was quivering with lack of oxygen and Gerard was leaning against the wall, a large twitching grin on his face.

“I think we lost them?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I think everyone hates Ren now! I still like her though. Bare in mind that Ren is crazy.
Because everything that had happened to Gerard when he was a kid has now happened to her in smaller doses -apart from a few things of course.
Comments are much appreciated as you can probably tell.
We should get shirts with team names on them xD