We're Going Live

Twenty One

“No! Sit down -you’ve been on your feet all evening. I’m capable of dishing up a couples slices of cake, right Doll?” Gerard grinned, standing up from the table and picking up all the plates in one hand.

We were at my mum’s house for dinner, Charlie was upstairs sleeping, giving us all time to converse properly without him gurgling in the background. Gerard had been charming, smart, polite, talkative and everything he should be all evening. I think my mum was completely won over.

“More wine?” Gerard asked, plates in one hand and the other gently shaking the white wine bottle. My mum smiled and as Gerard topped her glass up, giving me a nifty kiss to the temple as he left.

“Well he’s slightly wonderful then?” Mum murmured to me, smiling at me glossily, “I can’t believe he rang my office just to arrange a dinner,” she continued.

“Oh yeah, he’s awesome,” I said, nodding and wiping my hand on my jeans. I had to snort quietly to myself when Gerard start singing The Carpenters to himself in the kitchen, the sound of china also crackling into my ears.

“I’ve seen the rock around your neck as well,” she said, I chuckled weakly and threaded my finger through my ring that was still around my neck because that’s the way me and Gerard wore them now. Gerard trotted back in, his hair dangling in front of his face as he balanced the plates on his hands.

“One for you,” Gerard swooned, placing a bowl with chocolate cake and cream in front of my mum, “And one for the beautiful girl sitting opposite me,” he grinned, pushing another bowl in front of me. I knew he was laying it on thick for my mum, but it was nice all the same. He sat down at his own place, striking up conversation with mum.

I was too busy eating to bother joining in, I ate half of Gerard’s as well, I don’t think he noticed.

“-And then I said to him that he wanted to talk to me like I was a child-“ Gerard’s story was cut off with a bang of the front door.

“I’m home!” dad yelled from the doorway, obviously not realising me and Gee were here, “The traffic was goddamn terrible –I think I might start taking the train like you…” he trailed off whilst loosening his tie, looking shocked with the dinner that was going on.

An awkward tension ran thick around the dining room, the chocolate tasting paste in my mouth slowly turning even more disgusting. I swallowed quickly, glancing at Gerard who was blinking rapidly and swallowing a lot. Mum stood up and brushed her hands down on her clean black suit, smiling sweetly at dad who was slowly turning red. I felt Gerard’s foot tap my knee under the take and I stretched my hand out, clenching his own sweaty palm in mine.

“Way,” Dad murmured, nodding in Gerard’s direction, “I see you’re well,” he nodded, I expected him to add something along the lines of, ‘I see you’re well sadly’.

“Yes, thankyou -I am very well, how are you?” Gerard asked, swallowing loudly afterwards.

“I’m quite well,” he replied contortedly. Gerard stood up and wiped his hands on his jeans, before holding his right hand out to my dad. Dad looked at the pale, large hand for a second before shaking it quickly. he then nodded and walked over to me slowly, giving me a small side hug accompanied by a pat on the back, “Are you alright darling?” he asked.

“Yeah, fine dad, Charlie’s upstairs, if you want me to go and wake him and show him to you…”

“No, no, best not go wake the little bugger. I’ll see him in the morning,” dad nodded, “I’m going to go and work in the study for a while,” he said, scratching his neck.

Everyone let out a massive breath when he left. My dad was an awkward kinda guy, he would be fine now, just awkward. He was incapable of an apology. But, I didn’t really mind, as long as we weren’t on opposite sides anymore.

“Talking of morning maybe we should all get to bed,” mum said clapping her hands in a teacher like way. Gerard nodded and collected all the plates, insisting that he did all the washing up, cleaned the kitchen, the dining room, poured my mum another glass of wine and put on the electric blanket in her own room so it would already be warm by the time she got up to bed, “Now you two behave,” she chuckled.

“Of course we will, I’ll sleep on the floor if it makes you feel any more comfortable?” Gerard offered in a charming manner. Mum chuckled and shook her head, saying she trusted us. We both creeped up stairs, Gerard giggling like a teenager all the way. I walked into my room and turned on the light, blinking rapidly before turning it back off. I turned on my fairy lights instead, causing a twinkling light to cast over my room.

I changed into my old nightshirt, tugging my fingers through my hair before I clambered into the cold confinements of my bed. My room itself was quite warm from the heating being on all day, but I was still thankful when Gerard crawled in beside me, wrapping his legs and arms around me.

“I hope your dad doesn’t come in to say night, I don’t think he would be too happy if he found me naked in bed with his only daughter,” Gerard whispered, giggling into my neck childishly, “I bet he thinks we had a baby by me giving you a peck on the cheek,” he grinned, nuzzling warmly into my ear lobe.

“No, you hugged me and I got pregnant silly, that’s how it works,” I joked, turning around in his chest, “Kissing is far too X-rated,” I joked, letting him pull me on top of him.

“If kissing is X-rated then what’s me doing this?” Gerard asked, his face contorting as he levered himself up towards me, “I’m having sex without moving right now,” Gerard snorted, "Wow, I'm incredible, I bet Superman would find it hard," he grinned, holding my waist whilst sitting up so his shoulders were pressed up against my head board, “Pull the sheets back up, if your parents come back in they’ll have a field trip,” he whispered, pushing my back down and pulling my duvet up around my shoulders. He arched his legs and wrapped his arms around my neck, “Wait, I don’t want another baby right now, grab my jeans,” he grinned.

Once everything was in place and Gerard had found out that by gagging himself with an old shirt of mine he could move properly without making a sound.

“Why does your head board have to bang?” Gerard ground out, sweat pulsating down the side of his face from having to keep quiet. He rolled us over, cursing under his breath when the sheet fell from his back, he grabbing it back up and threw it right over our heads so we were both tangled in them, “This is the weirdest sex ever-“

“Night darling, night Gerard!” mum called from outside my door.

“Goodnight!” Gerard shouted back, putting both his elbows either side of my head and clenching clumps of my hair before beginning to move again, trying to kiss me at the same time, “Your head board is fucking monkey turd,” he panted, trying to quieten it.

“Ren darling are you still awake?” dad asked gruffly from outside my room, opening the door before I even said anything. I tried to kick Gerard off whilst Gerard tried to roll off me, resulting in him falling with a thud onto my floor.

Dad just stood there, opened mouthed. He pulled his glasses off and I pulled the covers up around myself, already pink in the face as dad looked at the ground sternly, switching the arms he was using to carry his folders. Gerard scrabbled up red faced and clutching himself for dignity.

“Hi!” he squeaked.

“Gerard, would you kindly sleep down stairs tonight?” dad asked, beginning to close the door, “And Ren get dressed, right now,” he said, closing the door with a click. Gerard dropped his hands and turned to me wearing a beetroot expression.

"Goddamn," he muttered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whooa, team Mikey is getting vicious, lol.
I guess TM won't like this chpater too much then!