We're Going Live

Twenty Three

I sat down on the floor, laughing when Gerard took a nifty shot of Charlie attempting to stare at his own nose. It was another one of those wet windy days and Gerard decided he wanted baby pictures and videos.

“Say hi to the camera,” Gerard ordered, waving his own hand and grinning. He plucked up Charlie’s un amused arm and made him do a small podgy wave, “Charlie you lazy poop, you gonna give mom a kiss?” he asked, Charlie squealed excitedly. And rolled over onto his stomach, his fluffy head bumping up against my knee.

I picked him and placed him on my knee properly, chuckling lightly as he drooled over my hand as a kiss.

“Oh Chubs you won’t be a hit with the ladies will you? Dribbling like that! Daddy’ll have to give mom a proper kiss later to make up for it,” Gerard grinned, pecking Charlie on the head, the camera held loftily in his other hand. Charlie excitedly flapped his arms up and down, his chubby fingers getting caught in the knots from Gerard’s hair. I took the camera from Gerard so he could de tangle himself, giggling every time Charlie re-stuck himself, looking confused to as why everyone found it so funny, “Mikey called by the way,” Gerard said, chuckling lightly.

“Huhm?” I asked.

“Mikey? You haven’t forgotten him already have you?” Gerard laughed, grinning.

“No, I mean, what’d he say?” I chuckled, zooming in on his face. He stayed silent, his eyes glistening and his lips lightly pursed. He looked just perfect, his hair tucked neatly behind his ears, only a black lock trespassing across his nose. I couldn’t help but be startled when his eyes darted up to the camera.

“Nothing that means anything,” he said, pulling his hair back behind his ear, “He wanted to talk to you. I didn’t think that would be the best of ideas though,” he murmured, smiling with closed lips. Silence filled the camera again and my hand started to tremble after a while. I lay it down on the side instead, on the chair Gerard used to prop his television up.

Gerard picked Charlie up under his arms and left the room with him, leaving me sitting alone on the floor. I picked at the hem of my jeans, wondering how much homework I actually had. I shivered when I felt Gerard wrap his arms around my shoulders.

“I put him down,” Gerard murmured, his nose trailing along my forehead as he slid down towards my lips, “How was school?” he mumbled against my nose, moving down and pecking my top lip.

“It was okay, I hate art without you,” I mumbled, kissing him back.

“Well you got me to come home to right? And to sleep with and to wake up with,” he whispered, leaving a trail of kissing down my chin and my throat, towards the neck of my shirt. I nodded and pushed my hands to his neck, gently drawing my finger up and down the downy hairs on his neck, “Watcha do in school then? Ricky alright?” he continued, pushing his lips to my stomach.

“Mm…” I sighed, gently falling to the side so he could wriggled over my shoulder in an awkward up side down manner, “Yeah, he’s fine…” I continued, un able to keep my track of thought on the run, “I can’t really remember right now,” I laughed, un able to keep a small giggle to pas my lips when Gerard did a forward roll off me, landing in a crumpled sideways heap on the floor

“Owh,” he whined, “I haven’t done that in years!” he laughed, still in his crumpled state. I crawled towards him and pushed my face against his, grinning at him, “I feel like Yoda with my nose all pushed in,” he laughed, scrunching his eyes for a second, “Maybe I shall use my sexy lightsaber and use the force,” he continued.

“How far has that line ever got you?” I asked, laughing as I rolled onto my back.

“A few pityingly looks and awkward eyes, but this is by far the best response!” he replied, also rolling onto his back, after a short pause he continued, “… Mikey said he was going on holiday. A proper holiday though, Italy with my great grandma… I think he’s going to and scope out some curvy Italian girls, that’ll give us some time to ourselves for a bit,” Gerard chuckled.

“Good, do you maybe wanna watch a dvd?” I asked, looking sideways at the stranded C.D’s lying across the floor.

“Sure Dolly, I’ll go get some snacks –check on Charlie Bub quick?” he smiled, clambering up and jumping over the side of his bed.

I chuckled and crawled towards his stranded DVD’s, picking up a shiny C.D before checking it over once, raising my eyebrow at how scratch less it was. Gerard was forever going to the library with a bunch of blank C.D’s and downloading new movies onto them. I slotted it in and crawled back onto my knees with the remote controller pressed between my fingers.

I fast forwarded the whole ‘copy right, 18 certificate’ part, hoping I could just get to the menu to see what the film was. Only the film started straight away, and it wasn’t a film. It was Gerard.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think you guys can guess what she's found.
Do you want me to add a chapter with a description of what's happening on the video? Sorta like a flashback from Gerard?