We're Going Live

Thirty Nine

“Ren?” Mikey murmured, I wriggled a little in my sleep, “Ren, wake up,” he pleaded, shaking my shoulder. I opened my eyes slowly, Mikey was standing there, sweating and a green tinge had been added to his skin, “I feel sick,” he whispered, tears welling his eyes. I knew how he felt, that limbo of actually being sick and not, “I don’t want to go to bed either, I’ll throw up everywhere,” he said, swallowing.

I let my legs fall out of bed and I stood up, seeing he had been hovering on one leg. I looked over at Gerard, who was cuddling Charlie in his sleep.

“Do you want me to sit with you?” I whispered, he nodded, “We can go out on the roof yeah?” I murmured, dragging the side table to the opening of the attack. I helped Mikey up before clambering up myself. It wasn’t too much of a struggle getting Mikey onto the roof, in fact it was relatively easy.

I helped him sit down so his legs were on the slant, his bad leg outstretched with the other one bent. I kept my arm around his waist to keep him from tumbling backwards, my hand gripping his hip tightly.

“Sorry I had to wake you up I just felt… really, enclosed. I didn’t like it,” he murmured, “I’m surprised you and Gerard haven’t gone crazy out here. I can barely sit still without thinking some ones watching,” he shivered, pushing his hand into his lap to keep them warm.

“Gerard and I used to come here before though. We watched the Blair Witch out here, it was pretty scary then,” I chuckled, shivering myself, “How’s you stomach now?” I asked, unable to see his expression properly from the side. He turned to face me, his glasses a little lopsided.

“It hurts… and my back. It might just be because I’m worried though,” he stopped, inwardly gagging. I rubbed his back hopelessly, tucking a few long locks of hair behind his ear. He wasn’t actually sick, it was more dry gagging and straining than anything else.

I stayed outside with him though, just to keep him company. I guessed it must have been early morning when he’d woken me up because the sun was just beginning to rise, the beginning of the orange saucer just visible over the trees. Mikey didn’t talk to much though, he just sat there looking ill. He didn’t look right, his hands and jaw were both shaking if he didn’t concentrate on them and his eyes would keep slipping shut. I hoped it was from being tired.

“Ren?” he questioned suddenly, jolting me out of my small daydream, “Gerard’s calling you,” he said, still shaking my hand. I sighed and stood up, grabbing Mikey’s shoulder for support when I wobbled slightly.

“I’ll be right back out,” I promised, slipping back down into the attack bedroom, “Yeah?” I asked, chuckling a little when Gerard wrapped his arms around my waist to assist me down, “What’s up?” I asked, my eyes brows momentarily raising when he pushed his lips to mine, “Thanks?”

“I was thinking we should go back to Mikey’s, have a shower? Bath, bite to eat maybe? He’ll need to get that leg of his stitched up,” he murmured, “So, I think we should go back there, I know it’s a risk but we need to get Mikey’s leg properly done-“

“-Yeah, okay? Should I go tell him now?” I intervened.

“No, I will, it’ll be harder to help him back in here. Just get yourself dressed okay? Something with a hood,” he said, looking me over once before grinning lightly, “Although I’d far prefer you to walk around in that all day,” he grinned, flicking the lace beside my arm. I smiled and walked over to the suitcase where we kept everything, taking a grey jumper off Gerard’s and a shirt of mine.

“Gerard I’m not two, I don’t need to be sung to,” I heard Mikey chuckle, making it sound almost like a giggle.

“I wish you were, you’d be a lot lighter,” I heard Gerard grumble as I pulled on a pair of jeans. I looked over my shoulder and chuckled when I saw Gerard carrying Mikey like a baby, “Anyway, when I sung to you when you were younger, you used to try and hit be, or kick me… you were totally evil,” Gerard said, “So now I’m going to go to your house and eat all the food out of your fridge and also steal your Aerosmith C.D which is actually mine!” Gerard accused, sitting down with Mikey still propped up on his lap, “I rather like carrying you around, you don’t move or anything,” he grinned.

“I can’t move, I’m too scared you’ll drop me,” he laughed, “Gerard put me down and stop staring into my eyes you weirdo,” he chuckled, arching his back to wriggle out of Gerard’s grip.

“No way, you’re my new bride!” Gerard exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, slipping the straps of my nightshirt down and posing my shirt over my knee so I could put it on.

“Leave Mikey alone,” I laughed, turning my head for a second to see Gerard to peck Mikey on the face again. Gerard looked up and grinned, patting Mikey on the head like a puppy.

“Fine, fine, I’ll leave my sickly, baby brother alone…” Gerard sighed, plopping Mikey down on the bed, managing to plant a kiss on his nose never the less. I chuckled again and pulled my own shirt on, passing Gerard clothes over my shoulder, “Mikey?” Gerard questioned, “Do you have ice cream at your house?” he questioned, making both me and Mikey chuckle, “What? I could really use with some… vanilla ice cream in three scoops,” he nodded, slipping the hoody over my head.

“Yes, I do have ice cream,” Mikey replied, shaking his head little.

“Good boy,” Gerard said lowly, grinning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I've seemed to have slipped into a thing of skipping a day of updating. I thought that ending this part of the story at chapter 40 would be ending it too soon so I'm going to take it up to 45, seeing as this is the last ever part.