Do It Like That

The Guy Code

Shane scrubbed his hands over his face. He had slept with her twice! TWICE.

The first time had been completely accidental. Too much alcohol, sexy dancing... Things like that happen when faced with a combination of the two.

But twice. The second time, he had been fully sober, and so had she. In fact, they had been a little hungover. And he couldn't just tell Eric about the first time. He would have to tell him about the second time, too.

Shane didn't want to lose his best friend. Eric and he had known each other since the diaper days. Eric had been there for when Shane's mom had left his dad for another woman. Eric had been there when Shane had questioned his sexuality (obviously, he is still heterosexual, considering the way he sexed up Zoe....and still WANTED to sex up Zoe).

But Shane knew that what he would have to tell Eric would ruin their friendship.

And the most dangerous fact: he still wanted her. Shane still wanted Zoe. Now. Later. Possibly forever.

It wasn't so much lust. It was more raging lust that was also tainted with a bit of affection. Just remembering the way she moved her hips when dancing last night...

Damn it, Shane, quit doing that, he reminded himself. Those were not the thoughts that could possibly save his friendship with Eric. Those were the thoughts that could ruin it even MORE.

But they were such lovely memories. Zoe dancing sexily with him. Zoe very sexily taking off her top. Zoe most sexily-

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! He yelled at his brain. Oh, this was going to be horrible. Very much like his chemistry classes in high school.

Except ten million times worse.

He needed to know what Zoe was planning on telling him. Because if she were planning on telling the truth, then maybe they should tell him at the same time. But if she were planning on telling Eric that Shane had come on to HER, and that she was the practically innocent party in this debacle, he would need to get the hell out of town very quickly. Being best friends with Eric over the years has taught Shane one thing: Eric had one hell of a right hook. Shane had seen many a broken nose caused by Eric's punches. And he had never been on the receiving end of one; he most definitely did not want to start now.

So he called Zoe on her cell phone. He didn't want to admit it, but Zoe was the speed dial 3 on his phone, 1 being his voicemail, of course, and 2 being Eric.

Zoe, surprisingly, answered her phone. He was almost positive she wouldn't want to talk to him after the incident. Or rather, incidents, as in plural.

But she answered it, just the same as she always does when it's him. "Hey, Shane." Well, it wasn't a special greeting, but it didn't need to be. Especially not now.

"Zoe! We need to talk."

Zoe was still with Chevlyn when Shane had called, and the latter was staring avidly at Zoe while she listened to Shane talk.

"I know we need to talk, Shane. Where do you want to meet?" She hoped he picked a public place. She was half afraid that if they met in a private place, like his home or hers, she would throw herself at him once again and instead of being productive, they would have sex again like horny teenagers.

Shane was on the same page as her, questioning his restraint. It hadn't exactly proven rock solid when concerned with Zoe, so he named the Starbucks closest to the highway and Zoe agreed to meet him there in half an hour.

When Zoe hung up, Chevlyn was fairly bursting with curiosity. "So? What are you going to say to him?"

Zoe fell down on Chevlyn's couch, right next to her, and leaned heavily into her. "I have no freaking idea."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope all enjoyed!
Comments are lovely! I love lovely comments!