Do It Like That

Turning Point

Zoe wasn't sure she had heard him correctly. He wasn't... sacrificing himself. He couldn't be. Shane would never jeopardize his close friendship with Eric. They were like... brothers.

And she didn't want to come between that. She knew how close they were, had seen it firsthand when shit happened.

They needed each other.

But... on the other hand... if she claimed it was all HER fault, Eric would definitely break up with her about it, no questions asked. He couldn't STAND cheaters. She knew that. That's how his parents had divorced, and it had been an ugly divorce that scarred him for life.

And though she obviously didn't act like it, what with the whole sleeping with his best friend, but she... she cared about him. He was her first boyfriend that treated with her respect. Because of her dancing, boys tended to think she was on the slutty side. Not that it made any sense to her. Just because she was going to rub on someone with their clothes on didn't mean she'd rub on them when their clothes were off.

He was the first boy to tell her he loved her. She recalled that memory with a wincing pain now. He had just shown up at her doorstep with an armful of lilies (her favorite flower), a charming smile, and a declaration of love.

Before he started, he actually stated "I know you might not feel this way about me, so you won't have to say the words back, but..."

Her gut wrenched with guilt. She was starting to feel like the slut that everyone thought her to be. How could she do that? To the only boy who had ever treated her like a boy in love should treat the object of his affections?

But... there were the rules. Bros before hoes for guys. Chicks before dicks for girls. She couldn't let Eric or Shane lose the best thing that had ever happened to them just because of a drunken mistake.

So she blurted out "No, you won't. I will."

Suddenly, before he could protest, and she could tell he was about to, her cell phone rang. She flipped it open after reading Chevlyn's name. "What?" she answered immediately.

"GIRL. I have some news for you. Have you talked to Eric yet?" Chevlyn was nearly screaming.

"No, why?" Zoe was a little bit worried.

"Well. Good. Because you need to know a few things about him. But we need to discuss this in person. Stay at that Starbuck's. And keep Shane with you. We'll need to see if he knew already or not."
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS! YAY FOR THEM!