Do It Like That

What's Going On?

Zoe had never felt so embarrassed in her life.

She had broken down in Starbucks! As in, she just started bawling like a fucking baby. In public. With others around, buying their coffee. Just perfect.

Her boyfriend, who she had thought respected her and loved her and wanted to be with only her, had been cheating on her for at least a month.

That didn't justify her cheating on him, but for him to get upset about it... well, double standards really bit the big one.

So after Starbucks, she was a little shell-shocked. Chevlyn took her home, but after that, she refused to answer her phone from anyone. She didn't even look at it. She left it in the bathroom, charging, as she laid on her bed and just thought about what she should do.

Obviously, she should break up with Eric. And then maybe hire someone to kick his ass for being a douche bag.

But then there was the whole problem with Shane. Eric's best friend. Who happened to have been the best sex of Zoe's life. But he was Eric's best friend. And she detested anything and everything that had to do with Eric... which may or may not include his best friend. She didn't know if it should or not.

However, she was done with all of this moping, she decided, hours later. She grabbed her phone, not bothering to reply or call anyone back (but she had only gotten a few texts and missed calls from Chevlyn, two missed calls and a voicemail from Eric, and a text from Shane), changed clothes, and went to the nearest dance club. She didn't want to think. She didn't want to cry. She didn't want to hate.

She just wanted to dance.

****

Shane, on the other hand, was getting another kind of workout entirely. He was at the gym, being a man's man, imagining the bag he was punching was his best friend's head.

Zoe's tears had nearly killed him the first time around; her gut-wrenching sobs had broken his heart, putting little tiny holes in them. He wanted to make her feel better. He wanted to make his best friend pay for hurting her.

And he wanted to know what, exactly, his best friend has been smoking for the past month or so. Who the hell would ever cheat on Zoe? The girl was a firecracker, in and out of bed. She was gorgeous, and funny, and compassionate, and basically just one hell of a woman.

And his best friend was dicking around on her. Like, seriously. Shane couldn't think of one reason Eric would sleep with another girl when he had Zoe there for his personal needs.

And though his anger was extremely at large, he was also .... worried. About Eric. Eric detested cheaters; swore he would never, ever cheat on a woman; he would simply tell them that he no longer wanted to be with them, no matter what how big the bitch fit would be.

So what was going on with Eric that he would do that to Zoe? And what was going on with him that he couldn't tell his best friend about sleeping with another girl? Eric and Shane told each other everything (well, except about Zoe... but Shane would have told Eric eventually...).

What was going on? Shane had to find out. So he could help his friend... and his friend's soon to be ex girlfriend.