Away from the Sun

A Side Quest?

It took a few moments before the sight inside the crystal ball fully hit me. Maybe it was shock, or maybe just the fact that I didn't know entirely what to do. My best friend in the world, the one person who has stuck by me through everything, is being beaten to a pulp by some dog. And for some reason, my body wouldn't react to the site in front of me.

This is what was going through my head:

Scenario A: I put the ball down, and forget about what I saw. Maybe go down to the kitchen, cook a bagel, smother it with butter and jelly, and maybe see if I can find a television in this old mansion.
The Outcome:My best friend would end up getting ripped to pieces by a giant three headed dog.

Scenario B: I put the ball down, run out of my room, find Riku, and somehow get to Olympus Colosseum. Then, fight Cerberus, or at least bring him down to a level that Emmy could easily kill, then disappear.
The Outcome: My friend lives, BUT- if the Queen finds out, I've just dug my self a hole 6-feet under.

Translation: Either way, I'm Dead Meat!

I seriously didn't know what to do or think. Both scenarios had a very bad outcome. Either Emmy dies, and I go on living a darken guilty life. OR, I save her, and probably die under the wrath of the Queen. No matter what, something bad was to happen..

Though, in the end, no matter what I couldn't be responsible for Emmy's death.

Quickly, I tossed the ball to the edge of my bed. It landed there with a small "pouff", and laid there as the smoke inside and around the picture of the fighting Emmy slowly turned into a light gray. I got of my bed, and grabbed a small black jacket off of the floor (I don't tend to pick up my clothes). If I was going to be near Emmy, I would need something to at least hide some of my identity. I pulled the hood over my head, and stepped out my door, running down the hall to where Riku's room was. Even though the hallway was clouded with darkness, it didn't bother me. Emmy was in trouble. And, if I didn't act fast, I would end up being way to late to save her.

Luckily for me, Riku's room wasn't very far away at all. I knocked on his door, and waited for a reply from him. At first, I didn't hear one, so I leaned my shoulder on his door, and put my ear up to the cold wood. I heard some footsteps, but didn't think to take my ear from the door.

As soon as Riku had opened the door, my balance was thrown off, and I fell into him. I felt his arms wrap around me as he caught me, and I also felt a serious blush come onto my cheeks.

"S-.. Sorry.." I said, pulling away from him,and straightening my self up. He looked at me confused.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, "... and why where you listening through my door?" he added.

I ran my hands through my hair, and gave him a small smile. "Sorry.. ," I said again, "I needed to come and talk to you.. and I wasn't sure if you hear my knock, so I just leaned in.. and yea.."

He walked past me and into the dark hallway. I followed him, maybe a bit too close (The darkness was still around me, and still freaked me out. And, I have a tendency to get up on people when I am in the dark. Iiiits a baaad habit.). "I did hear it, which is why I opened my door." He said, in a matter-of-fact tone. "But, I didn't expect to be catching someone as I did so... and why are you so close?" He was looking at me now.

I backed away a bit. "Oh.. sorry. I tend to.. get really close to people in dark places.. " I said, ashamed at my fear of something as childish as the dark.

"Don't tell me.. " he said, laughing a bit. "You mean your actually afraid of the dark?" he asked, jokingly.

"That's no reason to laugh!" I snapped at him, glaring a bit. He just held up his hands.

"Didn't mean that in a bad way. Sorry.." he said. I blushed a bit at the fact that he just apologized to me, and I was once again thankful for the darkness that hid the blush.

I shrugged, and also apologized. "Sorry.. didn't mean to snap.. I'm just used to people laughing about it.."

"So you are afraid of it?"

I nodded. "Kinda pathetic isn't it? I'm supposed to be working for some dark Queen, and here I am.. not even being able to walk through her castle without being spooked. Not to mention we are both able to 'control' the darkness now, and yet I still get the heebie jeebies around it.." I stopped walking as we passed a small glowing torch like orb on the wall. It gave off some light, and I stood in the circle of the luminance it gave off.

"Why do you hate it so much then?" he asked, also stopping.

I shrugged again. "To tell you the truth, I don't even know what started it.. I think it might be because my mother let me watch countless horror movies when I was a kid. You know.. like the movie "Scream"?" I asked.

Riku shook his head, not knowing the title I gave him. I gave a small "huh..". I guess the movies shown are a bit different in different dimensions. Then again, I watch Disney movies once a week, so I guess that is also different here.

I continued with what I was saying before. "Anyway.. like I said, I don't know what started it. But I do remember being scared of the dark since I was very small.. " I put my hands behind my back. "In my house, we have this.. under ground place. It's there for tornados or something like that... You know, just a place to hide in incase, for any reason, being in the house isn't safe."

Riku nodded his head, letting me know that he knew what I meant, so I continued.

"Well, my older sister would always say that there was a monster down there. And, if I was a 'bad girl' he would come up and eat me.. " I gave a small laugh at the ridiculousness in what she said, and I saw Riku smile.

"Kind of.. cruel, don't you think?" he said. I nodded.

"But that isn't the worst of it." I said. "When I was about 6 or so.. I know I was young, 'cause my Father was still around, I got brave, and decided to venture to the doors to under the house. Well... Ok, it wasn't a door.. It was almost this hole in the wall that led to a small stair case.. anyway.. I got up enough courage, and decided to go down and peer through that hole. Really see if there was a monster."

Riku nodded his head again.

"Well, once I got down there, I saw the most frightening thing, and it has been in my mind ever since I was young."

"..What was it?" Riku asked. I could tell he was a little interested in my story, which made me smile.

"Well.. Keep in mind I was only about 6! Someone our age would have saw this, and just shrugged it off. But to a child, it's a little on the strange side."

"So?! What was it?" he asked again.

I smiled, and laughed a bit. "Well.. there were dolls.."

"..... wait. Dolls? Dolls scared you??" He asked, bewildered at my statement.

"I'm not done yet!" I snapped playfully. "There were a bunch of dolls. OLD dolls. From like the 60's. Old and dusty, some without heads or bodies. They had those eyes, you know, when you lay them down they close? And most of them were cocked half way open, giving this dead freaky look.."

Riku tilted his head. "Why... were there old dolls.... under your house?" he asked, confused.

"Our house is old, so my Mom lived in it when she was a child to. Her brother, my uncles, would take all her dolls, tear the heads off, and throw them down there.."

Riku laughed a bit at this.

"..and they have been down there for nearly 30 years, collecting dust and dirt.. rats eating at them, I don't know..! All I know is that, when I saw them, the first thing that popped into my 6 year old head was that they were eaten prey of the 'Monster' that lived there..."

Riku was laughing, and shook his head. I glared a bit at him, but he held his hand up, and stopped. "It's not funny!" I said. "It really freaked me out!!"

He smiled. "That's not why I'm laughing" he said. I tilted my head. "It's cute." he said.

I blushed at his statement, and looked at the wall. "... how is that cute?" I muttered.

Shrugging, he began to walk down the hall again. I quickly followed him, leaving the circle of light that came from the torch on the wall.

"I don't know," he said, "It just was."

I stuck my tongue out at him, and crossed my arms in a childish way. He just laughed.

"But. why did that make you afraid of the dark?" he asked.

"I didn't say that is what made me.. But that did make me hate porcelain dolls. To this day, I cant have any in my room..... they watch you when your sleeping, you know" I stated.

Riku gave off a small laugh. "Then, why do you hate the dark so much then?" he asked.

Again, I shrugged. "Like I said.. I don't know.. I guess it's the unknown.."

He looked at me confused. I looked ahead of me into the darkness of the hallway, and winced a bit.

"You don't know what is waiting in the dark.. " I said, "When you wake up at night, and turn in your bed, have you ever stopped to think 'Someone may be watching me'? Have you ever looked into a dark room, and thought that, in that corner that you cannot see, there may be someone standing there? Just waiting for you to get relaxed.. to turn your back. And then, come up behind you?"

"To do what?"

"I don't know... gouge your eyes out with a spork! Something bad.. eat your teeth.. stick a battery up your nose..."

Riku stopped walking to laugh at my statement.

"Im serious!!" I said, snapping a bit.

"No.." he said, trying to stop his laughing. "I think your paranoid."

I gave off a small hurt look, and just looked a head and kept walking. "Yea.. I get that a lot.." I said. Riku stopped his laughing at that, and caught up to me.

"Hey... Wait Lil-"

"Don't worry about it!" I said, putting on a smile, and holding my hands behind my back. "Your right, I'm just childish and paranoid.."

He stared at me blankly, and then looked at the wall behind me. Walking past me, he came to another glowing orb like torch on the wall. I tilted my head, confused.

Easily, he lifted the glowing torch from its hold on the wall, and came over to me. He held the torch out to me, and shook it a bit, telling me to take it.

I took it from his hands, and looked at him, confused. He was smiling, which made -once again! a blush appear on my cheeks. "W-.. What is this for?" I asked.

Riku shrugged. "It's light, isn't it? This can 'fend off any darkness for you.. "

I couldn't help but smile at this. "Thank you, Riku.." I said. "Your sweet.."

I was proud when, for once, this time it was Riku who blushed. Smiling, I continued my walk down the hall.

"U-uhm.. Lillith?" He asked, walking with me again.

"Hmm?"

"Well, I was wondering. What was it that you came and knocked on my door for?" He asked.

I stopped, Thought, and then dropped the orb-torch on the floor. It didn't shatter or anything, but it did make a large 'Bink!' sound as it hit the floor.

"SH1T!" I exclaimed, putting my hands to my mouth. Riku looked at me, surprised.

"What?! What happened?"

I grabbed his shoulders (of course, not noticing the close-ness between us both). "We need to go!! Now!" I said, running off down the hall.

"Wha--... Wait!! Lillith, wait!" he said, catching up to me. "What is happening?!"

"Emmy!" I said, "She's in trouble! I have to save her!!"

I felt Riku's hand grab my shoulder, and stop me. "What?! No! You can't!" He said.

"Well I am!"

"She's your enemy now, Lillith! You ca-"

"So you think I am going to sit around while she is DYING?!"

He let go of my shoulder, and sighed. "If the Queen finds out-"

"She won't." I said, interrupting him.

Riku sighed. "... This isn't a good idea." He said, running a hand through his hair. "But.. I guess, in a way, I see your point..." he said, and I smiled.

"So you'll let me go then??" I asked, excited.

"Yea... Sure.." He said, not happy about me going. But I smiled anyway.

"I'm going with you though!" He added, and I looked at him confused.

"Why?" I asked, "You have nothing to gain by coming."

He looked at the wall, and it seemed as if he was blushing. "I can't let you go alone, you need someone to keep watch on you."

I smiled. "Oh? Is Riku afraid his 'Partner in Crime' may get hurt?" I asked, in a small teasing voice.

"... maybe.." He said, still looking at the wall.

"Oh.. " I said. "I guess you don't wish to carry me around in a cast because I got careless, hmm?" I said, quoteing the statement he had said to me before.

He looked at me now. "No!" he said. "I just.. " he stopped. I walked a bit closer. (Boy, was I dareing today!)

"Hmm? You just what?" I asked.

A blush appeared on his cheeks again, and he looked back to the wall. "I.. don't want to see you hurt.."

Now, on me, a smile and blush appeared on my cheeks, and I bit my lip, looking to the ground. Things were silent a bit after what he said. I think both of us were a little on the embarrassed side.

I picked up my head, and opened my mouth to finally say something, when we both heard footsteps to our right and down the hallway. We turned our heads to the noise, and then looked at each other.

"C'mon" Riku said, grabbing my arm. "We have to hurry, and fast, if we are going to do this." I nodded, and watched as Riku waved his hand to open a portal behind him (He was getting very good at this), and quickly, he pulled me in. At the same time, the purple wisps of darkness engulfed us both, sending us both into another dimension, leaving nothing behind.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Riku's portal luckily brought us to the perfect place. We were within the walls of Olympus Colosseum, but still hidden behind a large fallen pillar that was sitting on the ground (probably knocked over by Cerberus). I looked to Riku.

"Your getting very good at this.." I said. He just smiled proudly. I smiled back, and walked up to the pillar. I stepped on to my 'tippy toes', but still couldn't see over it. I would have just walked around it, but I didn't want to give anything away on where we were hiding. I let out a small "dammit..."

Suddenly, I felt hands around my waist, and I saw the view in front of me rise. I panicked and looked behind me, and saw Riku. "W-What are you doing?!" I asked, blushing.

"I'm holding you up!" he said, in that matter-of-fact voice. "Now what do you see?" He asked.

I focused my attention on other things (and not on the naughty images that were flashing in my head), and looked ahead, over the pillar. The sight that filled my vision shocked me.

Emmy was being held to the ground by Cerberus!

And, by the looks of it, she couldn't breath!!

I looked down to Riku. "Put me down!" I said, almost to stern. He abided my order, and did so.

"What are you doing?!" He asked, as I was pulling the hood of my jacket over my head.

"What does it look like!! I need to get out there, and now!" I put my hand in front of me, calling my keyblade. There was a small golden glow, and within my hands I held the blade, and I looked to Riku. "Wait here!" I said. "I might need backup."
Quickly, I ran to the edge of the pillar.

"Wait..!! Lillith, Don't!" Riku called after me. I ignored him, and ran out into the battle feild.

Cerberus was a lot bigger then I had ever imagined. And, with him currently suffocating my friend, he looked a lot more menacing. As I ran out into the battle field, one of the heads cocked it's neck over, and looked at me. He growled a bit, causing the other two heads to also look over and focus on me. Quickly, the paw on Emmy released her, and I was happy to see her take a breath in. The only bad part about this was that Cerberus was now charging fast towards me, happy to have a new target.

Waving my hand a bit, I made a small shield around me. It wasn't to protect against attacks. I just didn't want Emmy so see who I was. I charged as well at Cerberus, and focusing my energy on my legs, jumped into the air (Screw Sora's 'High Jump'!). Cerberus stepped backwards a bit as I jumped towards him, and one of the heads snapped at me. I easily kicked his snout, using his now closed mouth as leverage to jump again to the higher head. Pulling the keyblade behind me, I swung it forward fast, using the sharp crescent of the moon on the keyblade gash a nice hole into the Middle Head's right eye.

Cerberus trailed back now, yipping, and digging at it's eye. The other two heads looked at me, but could not do any actions, as the middle head was still hurt and pawing at his bleeding sightless eye. I took this opportunity to charge forward again, and took my energy out on the right head now. The left head continued to try and snap at me, but his 'brother' in the middle made that slightly impossible. I did a good amount of damage on the Right Head's face and throat before I decided that was enough on him. I let my self land on the ground, and ran back a bit to take in a full look at Cerberus.

The middle head was half sightless, but still a danger. The right head was badly beaten, bleeding badly, and couldn't do to much. And the left head did not have any damage yet. Since I didn't have to worry to much about the right head, I focused my energy now on the left head. Once again, I charged forward, and jumped up. Gripping my keyblade, the tip of it began to glow black. The left head opened his mouth to snap at me, but I quickly brought my keyblade to smash into his bottom jaw, delivering a powerful blow.

A large cracking sound was heard, and I landed near the paws of the giant beast. I jumped back, to avoid injury, and looked up at the left head of Cerberus. His jaw was hanging off his mouth at a sickingly crooked angle. Obviously broken.

Strangely, I smiled proudly at my doings. With two heads useless, and one blinded, this wouldn't be to much of a fight for Emmy.

Wait.. Emmy! I looked behind me to see a shocked Emmy staring at me. She obviously knew who I was now. The shadow like shield around me hid my features, but not my figure. It was obvious to know I was a girl.

Cursing, I started to run. I heard her call after me. "Wait..!! Eris!!" She called, using my old name. I just closed my eyes angrily at the name, and quickly opened a portal, thinking about getting back to Riku, hopefully that is where the portal will bring me. I ran into it, quickly being engulfed by the darkness, and leaving nothing else for Emmy to see besides the fading portal.

As the portal around be faded, I opened my eyes to see that I was, thankfully, back behind the pillar. I gave a low sigh, closed my eyes, and rested my back on the pillar. Cerberus luckily didn't attack me, but he sure did wore me out.

Though, as soon as my back hit the pillar, I felt two arms pin me there. I opened my eyes, slightly frightened, only to look into the angry eyes of Riku. (And yes. I did blush at the fact that he was currently pinning me to a wall)

"What the hell were you thinking!" He exclaimed, making me wince. He was mad at me again..

"I.. I had to save her!" I said, closing my eyes. "I couldn't let her die!"

His grip on my shoulders grew a bit harder. "Dammit, Lillith...! Why did you have to go out and do that?!"

I only winced more at his words.

"That was completely idiotic! You didn't know how powerful that dog could have been!! You could have gotten hurt!! Even worse, you could have.. you could have-"
It was then that I felt arms embrace me, and I opened my eyes, stunned at what was happening. Riku's cheeks were against mine, and his arms were wrapped around me. Was he.. Riku... actually hugging me? I found this strange for a character of his type.. but he was hugging me!!

"Don't do things like that, Lillith!" Riku said, pulling his embrace away, and placing his forehead to mine. A blush appeared on my cheeks, and made my face feel incredibly hot. This now was worse then the hug. His eyes were level with mine, and I could tell they weren't full of anger anymore. He was sad... I could feel his breath on my lips, and I bit my lips, trying to hide any part of me that was enjoying this (Believe me, a lot of me was squeaking at this moment.).

As soon as Riku saw me bite my lip, he backed away. A small part of me felt a longing for his breath on me again, but I pushed those feelings aside. I looked down, and muttered a small. "I'm sorry..."

Riku looked away now. "It's fine.." he said, rather flatly. He turned his back towards me. "I'm going to head back now.. stall the Queen if I have to.. don't stay too long, ok?" I nodded at his words, and looked away. I felt bad for making him feel so worried. Yet, still, part of me was happy that he felt such for me. I didn't say anything else to him, just watched out of the corner of my eyes as I saw the black portal appear, and then disappear with Riku inside it.

After we was gone, I looked forward, and brought my fingers to my lips, recaling how they felt with his breath lingering upon then. A smile couldnt help but creep onto my face, and I bit my bottom lip again. Trying to subside any smiles.

I walked over to the edge of the pillar, and looked out. Cerberus was on the floor, obviously beaten. Emmy and the others were no where to be found. since I didn't have to worry to much about them, I walked out from behind the pillar, deciding to take a look around the place. I didn't feel like going back just yet, and having to face Riku.

I still couldn't get the smile to come from my face, and I did walk around the Colosseum with a bit of a spring in my step. Even when I passed the dead Cerberus, I smiled.

"I can see you had a wonderful time here." said a slightly familiar voice behind me, and I quickly spun around.

Hades...

I growled a bit, but then remembered he was in a way, on my side. I only stepped back a bit, wondering what he wanted.

"Making out, seeing old friends, KILLING my DOG" he said the last part angrily, making the fire on his head turn an orangeish color. I winced a bit, wishing that Riku was still here.

"No, no.." he said, walking towards me. "The Queen wont be happy about this, will she..?"

I growled. "You wouldn't" I said.

"Oh! But I would. In fact, I love crushing little love spats like yours. You should have seen what I did to that big buffoon Herc-"

I growled again. "I know what you did."

Hades just smirked.

"What do you want then?" I asked, flatly. He looked at me confused.

"What do you mean? I don-"

"You wouldn't have come here to tell me what you saw, unless you wanted something. If you just wanted to tell Maleficet, you would have done so without letting me know. Letting me know gives me a chance to stop you. Therefore, you wish for something, don't you?"

Hades smirked again. "Smart girl.." he said, "Women like you are dangerous." He walked towards me. "You are right. I do want something."

I started to step back again, not sure on what he wanted.

"Calm down. I'm not going to hurt you.. just going to make a small deal..". He stopped a few feet before me, and pointed up to a mountain. "Do you know the name of that?" He asked.

I looked at him confused. "Uhh.. yea? That's Mount Olympus... why?"

He smiled, showing his sharp freaky teeth. "Somewhere on that mountain is a temple, guarded by Gods."

"Uh-huhh...." was all I said.

He continued. "Within the walls of that temple is a gem, maybe the size of a small bouncy ball."

Again, all I said was an unsure "uh-huhh."

"You see.." he said, "Only one with a Pure Heart can enter the temple walls, and retrieve the gem. I can't enter it.. I'm pretty much a demon. But you..."

"How do you expect me to enter it? I don't exactly have a 'Pure Heart'." I said, glaring.

He smirked once again. "I guess your going to have to find a way, aren't you?" My glare grew.

"Why do you even want this gem?" I asked, wanting to know what it even does first before I try to find it.

"It's all very simple. Basically the holder of the gem can do anything he or she wishes." He put his finger to his chin. "I have been wanting to over throw Zues for awhile.. and I figured you can help." He grinned down at me.

"So basically you want me to get this gem for you... so you can take over the afterlife?"

He scoffed. "I already HAVE the afterlife, little lady. And believe me, its not all it's cut out to be. You try living with dead corpses 24/7."

I nodded my head. ".... you do have a point there... So you just want to kill Zeus?"

"Or make him a slave.. either or..."

I shook my head. "And if I don't?"

He smirked again. "Ill let the Queen know about your little 'act of charity' today"

I growled, and looked down. There was no what I was going to get out of this. I couldn't let the Queen know about the things I did today. Even worse, Riku might also get in trouble. Sighing, I picked my head up. ".... Fine. You have a deal. When do you want this.. gem?"

Hades shrugged. "Ill give you a month before I tell the Queen."

I scoffed a bit. "... fair enough.." Hades smiled.

"That's a good girl." I glared at his comment. "Now you run off, alright. I need to take care of my watch dog" he said, turning to the lifeless Cerberus. I gave a small smile, and watched as he walked (or floated.. I couldn't tell really) over to his "pet".

Sighing, I put my hands behind my head. This.. was great. Note the sarcasm. Now only must I kill Sora, I also have to help Hades overthrow Zeus.

This little "adventure" of mine was beginning to look a bit more dark then I ever wanted it to.

But, that aside, I walked away from Hades (who was, at the time, trying to revive Cerberus somehow.). I focused my energy a bit, thinking of my room back 'home' in Maleficent castle, again hoping that is where my portal would take me. The black swirling vortex appeared in front of me, and I stepped inside, growing used to the feelings the portal gave me. And, just like before, I and the portal disappeared. Leaving nothing behind but a few small wisps of purple swirling magic.