Away from the Sun

Let's Push Some Buttons

The castle was as it normally was. Deserted. Lonely. Dark. Maybe a few "bunny" heartless roamed the walls, but they didn't to much. Just twitch-like moved around you, staring with their yellow orb-ish lifeless eyes.

Almost disturbing, in a way.

But I wont deny that the strange creatures were cute in their own.. demented dark freakish way. Like a undead bunny found on the side of the road. Cute but deadly. Yum...

I made my way into the main lounge of the castle. There were a few larger heartless ((Such as the Soldiers and Large Bodies)) stationed here. Basically, it looked like Malli was running out of places to put them. They took up the main lounging items, like the couch and chairs, which made me dislike them at the very moment.

My room was pretty far from here, a bunch of random stairs, and I was hoping to get there before anyone stopped to hassle me. Though, my wishes went un granted as I heard a voice from behind me.

"Ah, Miss Knights. Your back." Maleficent.

I grimaced and turned to face her, now putting on a sweet smile. "Uhm.. Hello My Queen.. Do you wis-"

"No, dear. I do not wish for a thing.." Her voice was very calm, almost spooky. "Did she know.. about Emmy?" the thought crossed my mind. But no... Hades wouldn't go an tell her already, would he?

Then again, he was the Greek god of the Underworld..

"I only came by to tell you of your next destination." she said, bluntly. "We have found a Keyhole deep in Traverse Town. I will need you and Riku to get there first thing tomorrow and check the surroundings. Once you find the key, you will know what to do." As she said this, she walked away.

"Of course I know what to do" I thought. "Kill Sora... the love of my friends life.. yea. Easy..."

"Oh.. and Lillith.." Maleficent said, turning to me. I looked up to her.

"It's time for your to get used to your dark side. Use it. I have no place here for such ties with those ingrates." I could tell she was talking about Emmy and Sora. "I think it's time you break all ties."

I got up enough courage to talk back. "Or else?" I asked, bluntly.

She just grinned. "Or I'll have to break all your pretty little bones." She said, just as blunt.

I was taken back a bit by her statement, and watched silently as she walked off. I mean... Damn! I knew she was evil...

..but I like my bones where they are.. attached!

I sighed, and ran a hand through my hair. She was right.. I was being way to nice to Emmy. I needed to get my mind straight.

Besides... if I picked Emmy's side.. I couldn't be with Riku..

I shook my head, and started my jagged path that would eventually lead me to my room. I didn't feel like finding Riku and apologizing to him..

"I'll deal with all that later..."
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Morning came way to quickly, in my opinion.

Of course, it wasn't like the sun woke me up. Nooo. Not here in Hollow Bastion.

Instead I got woken up by some Shadow (or bunnie) Heartless that decided to sneak into my room and knock shit over. I quickly got from my bed, and shoed them all out, holding back the urge to kick some of them. After they were gone, I sighed and put back some of the things they decided to mess up.

It didn't take me long to get ready. A nice cold shower, some clean clothes, and I was good as new. I would grab a piece of toast and be ready for the day.

I walked from my room, the darkness in the hall not bothering me as much as before, and made my way back to the Castle's Lounge. I sat my self on a large armchair, and watched as some random Heartless decided to fight to the death in the middle of the room.

"20 Munny says that the left one wins" a voice said behind me. I turned my head to see Riku standing against the hallway's wall. I gave him a small smile, and he walked into the Lounge.

"What makes you so sure?" I asked.

Riku shrugged, and he made his way over to my chair. "The right one seems to have a broken arm.. as the left one only has a few scratches."

I looked back over to the fighting heartless. He was right. The left one didn't seem beaten up at all, while the right one wasn't moving his arm at all.

"So either your very observant.. or you wish to make some quick money?" I asked, looking up to him.

He smiled, and shrugged again. "Maybe a bit of both."

I found myself smiling just looking at him... he seemed happy today. This made my thoughts go back to yesterday..

"He was mad with me yesterday.." I thought, "And yet, he's smiling today as if nothing happened.."

I had to bring it up.. I had to know if he was just hiding anger from me, or something else.

"Riku...?" I questioned, looking back to the fighting Heartless. The right one was loosing, and bad. He had a limp now, so a broken or badly hurt leg was obvious.

Riku gave a small "Hmm?" and looked down at me. I didn't meet his gaze, instead I kept my eyes on the Heartless before me.

"Yesterday.. Riku, where you mad at me?" My fingers fiddled with each other. "I.. I mean.. after I saved Emmy, you..," I blushed, remembering his acts, but kept my focus on my words. "You said-"

"Just forget about that.." He said, bluntly yet sternly, and he also turned his gaze to the Heartless. I looked to him now, and his expression seem distant. "We can't be worrying about all that right now. What happened back there doesn't matter now." His words seemed so serious, and I couldn't tell if he was talking about me saving Emmy, or the "moment" me and him had afterwards.

"So just forget about all that, alright?" He asked me, looking down again at me. I looked up to him, only to see a serious look on his face. My shoulders hunched slightly at his stare, and I looked away as quickly as I could. "Just get yourself ready. We have to leave soon." His words so plain and crude.

He walked away from me, and left me staring at the now cheering Heartless. The left one had obviously won, and was receiving praise from his fellow Heartless. Though, my mind wasn't on them. I couldn't take my thoughts from Riku and his words. He seemed so happy.. but once I mentioned yesterday, he turned cold.

"Is it because we got close?" I thought, bringing my fingers to my lips, and remembering the way they felt with his breath upon them.

This was horrible..

I knew I would probably loose my sanity and self to the darkness...

But I didn't know I would loose Riku to it as well..


*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

I, reluctantly and timidly, caught up to Riku after some time. The Queen had our exact locations of where to go, so we could easily teleport now to Traverse Town.

Not much was really said during that time where the Queen was describing us the things we needed to do. Riku stayed quiet, listening inattentively to his orders.

I stayed quiet, afraid to make any one else mad again.

Things were supportably simple. Go to Traverse Town, find Sora and Emmy, and stop them from sealing the keyhole.

"Yea.. time to face your best friend, who you just saved her life, and try and cut all ties with her, AND have to spend the day with the man that possibly hates your guts..." I thought, keeping the smug look from my face. "Yea.. just peachy!!"

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

We had gotten to Traverse Town awhile ago, and me and Riku sat on top of some buildings within the Third District. Before us was a good view of the large fountain, and we both sat there, engulfed in a daunting silence. It was also cold out, which made the atmosphere around us even worse.

Riku was the first to break the silence..

"What are you going to do when you see her?" he asked.

I looked to him, slightly confused, and tilted my head.

He looked to me as well, and had a matter-of-fact expression. "You know.. When you see your friend.."

I frowned. "Oh.." was all I said.

Riku sighed, and looked back to the fountain. "You need to stop this.. At least while we are here. Say something, do something.. Anything to make her think you don't care any more.."

I held my shoulders close. "I know.. " I said, quietly, motionless. "And.. I think I might know how.." This made Riku look at me now.

"I think I might know her weakness.." my words felt so cold on my lips, burning them.

"Really..? What?" Riku asked.

I shook my head. "Not a what.. a who.."

Now it was Riku who was tilting his head. I didn't take my eyes of the fountain before me.

The words burnt my lips once more.. "Sora.."

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Time flew by quickly again, and both me and Riku were snapped from our thoughts when we saw a small figure walk into the Third District.

Emmy... it was Emmy!

She seemed troubled about something, and I knew for a fact at who it probably was. Near this time in the game is when Sora should be seeing illusions of Kairi..

"Comon.." Riku whispered to me. "Lets start."

I nodded slowly, and we both jumped from our rooftop, and soundlessly onto the ground below. We didn't attack or anything, we just watched as Emmy stared into the fountain in front of her.

She stared at it for awhile, until she suddenly took her Keyblade out and started to attack the fountain!

"Yep..." I thought. "Sora saw Kairi..."
She continued to vent her anger out on the fountain, untill she finally calmed down and stood there, panting.

I brought up my hands, and started to clap. Congratulating her on her little lash out. Riku looked at me oddly when I started to clap, but soon joined in with me.

Emmy quickly turned to face me, and a shocked expression appeared. I gave her a proud smile, and stepped forward. She, in turn, started to step back.

I only smirked, and stepped closer. She was afraid of me.. Riku followed, right next to me.

Emmy took her Keyblade in hand, and stood in a fighter stance, as if she was about to attack.

"Now now now.." I heard Riku say, and looked to him. "Is that any way to treat your best friend?"

Emmy glared to him, and then looked to me. I only smirked. "Riku.. Be nice." I said, a mocking tone in my voice. "You would be aggravated too if I was ignoring you."

Emmy glared again, at me this time. I knew my words hurt her, but her expression still stayed strong. I would have to try harder.

Footsteps were heard from behind us. Great.. the golden trio has come forth from Merlin's house... I looked to Riku, and he nodded.

"You take care of her, I'll take care of them." I nodded, and watched as he left.

I saw Emmy move from her spot, and she started to chase after Riku. I growled. "She would rather go save that pip-squeak then see a friend?..." I thought, bitterly.

My arm shot out, and I quickly grabbed Emmy's arm, pulling her back. "How can you just replace me like that?" I asked, my tone harsh but hurt.

She looked to me confused. "What..? What do you mean?! I'm not-"

I growled. "Yes you are!!" I yelled, brutally. She stopped now, hushed my words.

"Did you grow tired?" I asked, by voice breaking. "She's like the rest of them... " the thoughts wouldn't leave my mind. "She's found other friends. Better friends. Obviously better then me. Just like everyone else.. she's grown tired of me."

Her expression was confused.

"Go on, Tell me Sirius!" I said, useing her fake name with a bitter tone. "Have you already grown tired of me? Grown tired of waiting?! Have you already found someone better?!"

"Eris... I-" "she used that name..."

I growled now, and threw her arm from my grasp. "Dammit!" I said, growling. "How many times must I tell you?! THAT'S NOT MY NAME ANY MORE!! I'M NOT ERIS!!"

She stepped back until her back hit a wall.

I started to calm down now, and spoke with a eerie voice. "I can't believe you, Sirius..." I said, Emm-.. Sirius.. Looking at me with a scared look. As if she didn't believe it was me.

"I can't believe you... Giving up everything we had for some boy who Doesn't. Even. Like. You." I said that last part slowly, making sure every word hit her hard.

And boy, it did. As I finished the sentence, she fell to the floor, stunned at my words. Her face held no expression, but her eyes looked beyond the task of tears.

I kneeled down to her. I didn't speak a word, only smirked. She didn't look to me, she was lost in her own thoughts. This made my smirk grow. "That will do for now.." I thought, and straighten up. I turned sharply, and walked slowly away from my life-less looking frie-... Ex-Friend

I made my way up to the rooftops of Traverse Town, and made my way past alot of the streets that way. I was, as well, lost in my thoughts.

"She's way to sensitive.." I thought. "I didn't say all that much, and she took it like a bomb.. her heart is waaay to soft and weak. Way to Pure.."

I stopped, and stood on a rooftop. My I had to repeat what I had just thought before it finally hit me.

She was Pure!!! She was the one that I needed!! She could EASILY get her hands on that gem for me!!

Hah!.. I'm brilliant!..

I smiled to my self, pleased with the plans that were going through my head, and leaped from the roof. I was off to find Riku, and hopefully get a lot of this shit sorted out.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

"So.. did you stop your friend?" Riku asked.

I shook my head. "Kinda.... Did you stop Sora and those animals?"

Riku now shook his head. "No.. not really"

I laughed, and shook my head. "Wow.. we're kinda bad at our jobs, aren't we?"

"Yea.." he said, scratching the back of his neck. "Pretty much."