Away from the Sun

The Best Time

"What are you doing? Comon.. Let's go back!"

Those were the words that Sora stated as he waved his hand to Pinocchio, trying to get him to follow.

"Stop fooling around, this is no time for games!"

Sirius was still standing with the Trio, but not exactly near them. She still seemed a little peved about something.

They all turned around as Sora finished talking, and started to walk out of the room we were in. I felt Riku's hand, which was holding mine, grip my hand tight. He let out a small growl, and looked down.

"That's all..?" he said to himself, then slowly stepped out of the tunnel that him and I were hiding in.

Riku stepped out in front of Pinocchio, and held his arms behind his back. "But Sora.. I thought you liked games!"

The heroes turned around to face him quickly.

"Or.. are you too cool to play them.. now that you have the Keyblade?" I knew the words he had said, and was about to say, but I was still surprised Riku had thrown himself out in the open.

"R..Riku?!" Sora asked, stepping closer. "W...What are you doing here?!" A surprised look covered the Trio's expressions.

Though, Sirius looked bored. Then again.. she has played this game, and seen this cut seen, 40,000 times. She looked as if she could lip-synch with every word said.

Riku's hand went to Pinocchio's head. "We're just playing with Pinocchio.."

"You know what I meant!" Sora exclaimed, waving his hand in front of him. "What about Kairi!?! Did you find her??"

The name sent cold shivers down my spine, and I glared to Sora from my hiding spot.

Why the fuck should he care about her!?
She doesn't matter!
Don't make Riku remember her!


I looked to Sirius. She had a hurt look on her face, also effected by the concern in Sora's voice when he had asked about Kairi...

Riku just shrugged at Sora's question. "Why don't you come and catch us? Maybe I'll tell.."

"Oh Como-"
Riku quickly took Pinocchio's hand before Sora could retaliate, and ran into the tunnel I was hidden in. I was going to say something about his actions, but he quickly took my hand as well, and led us away from the Heroes.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Once we were far from the other's, I quickly snatched my hand away from Riku's grasp. He looked back at me, slightly confused.

"What the hell were you thinking!?!" I exclaimed, loud enough to make Pinocchio cringe a bit.

"I don't know.. I nee-"

"It doesn't matter!! You blew our cover, and to add to it, you just started a game of fuking hide and seek!!"

"Lilli-"

I pointed to him. "Don't fucking 'Lillith' me! We could have gotten away with the fucking puppet, clean and clear, if it wasn't for you!"

"What..? Gotten away?" Pinocchio asked us, but I didn't answer him. Instead, my eyes were fixed on the expression that Riku wore.

A look of surprise came across Riku's face, as if he was at a loss of words. I stopped ranting after I had saw his face, and just looked down.

"dammit.." I thought, rubbing my arm in nervousness. "You've never yelled at him like that before... "

"I... I'm Sorry..." I said, softly. "I... I didn't mean to yell..."

Riku didn't answer my apology. He just turned his back to me.

I looked down again, and turned my attention to Pinocchio.

That is... if Pinocchio was still there...

I quickly straightened out, and looked around the room. "P..Pinocchio?!" I called out, causing Riku to look my way.

"... You lost him?" he said.

I growled back. "YOUR THE ONE THAT WAS JUST FUCKING PLAYING" I growled again at my temper, and turned away.

"Lil-"

Riku stated to say my name, but I didn't give him a chance. I ran off hurriedly, trying best not to hear Riku's voice any more..

I had to get away.. I had to find Pinocchio, and get away..

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

I ran into a series of random hallways, sometimes crashing into the sticky mushy walls. My feet carried me a bit to fast, but I didn't care.

So many things were running through my mind, and in turn, I couldn't stop running.

I have lashed out at Sirius.

I have lashed out at Riku.

Sirius hates me.

Now Riku hates me, too.

I'm lost inside a WHALE STOMACH.

And to top it off, I couldn't find Pinocchio!

I finally stopped running to breath and fall to my knees. All I could hear around me was the bubbling of the Whale, and my heart beating fast. I tried to listen to any other sing of life. Even Sora and the others were better then being lost in here.

Nothing.. nothing besides my heart and the whale.

I sighed, and ran a hand through my hair, trying to catch my breath. I told my self to keep it together, but thoughts wouldn't stop going through my head.

He hates you...
You yelled at him..
He's going to go off and help Kairi now..
He doesn't care anymore..

He doesn't ca-


"AAAAAAAAHGH!!"

The sudden scream shot me from my thoughts... was that.. Pinocchio?!

I got up quickly, and ran towards where the scream came from. If I heard it.. maybe the others did as well!

I ran, and ran, until I found myself in a large circular room. I looked around, trying to see where Pinocchio was.

"P..Pinocchio?" I called out. "Pinocch... Where are yo-!!!!!"
My sight in front of me blurred quickly, and I got a falling sensation. Something had wrapped its arm, or something, around me, and lifted me high. I wrapped my hands around whatever was holding me, and closed my eyes tightly, so that I did not have to see the fact that I was many feet off of the ground. My mouth opened to let out a scream, but nothing came out. Only a nervous shaky yelp.

I didn't open my eyes to see my captor, but I did feel the arm holding me move fast. Whatever it was, it threw me into a soft wall, and I heard the sound of a jaw closing.

One of my eyes slightly opened, only to see the frightened face of Pinocchio. I flew up, and grabbed his shoulders.

"P..Pinocchio?! Your ok?!" I asked, excited to see the little puppet.

He gave a small nod, and only looked to the side. I followed his gaze, until I was looking out a few large purple bars..

Wait... bars?!

I blinked, and looked around...OF COURSE!! I was in the Parasite Cage with Pinocchio!! Inside the stomach of a parasite, in the stomach of a whale..! great combo!!

I got to my knees, and moved to the front of the cage. As I peered out, I saw Riku, Sora, Sirius, and the others in front of Pinocchio and me. They spoke to each other, but their words were to far away for me to hear. I looked over to Riku, who caught my gaze and stared back.

All I could do was look at him with sad eyes, trying to tell him I was sorry for before. But his gaze did not show any emotion. He just looked back to Sora, said a few things, and drew his blade.

I sighed, and sat back. The Parasite Cage was annoying.. but not all to hard. They would beat the cage easily, so I didn't have much to worry about.

In fact, as these thoughts passed through my mind, the Heroes and Riku started to lash out their energy on the cage. It's arms would lash out every once in a while, causing Sora or Riku to be thrown back a few times. Sirius still wouldn't fight too much. Her blows and shots seemed as if she didn't care all to much that I was in there.

That there broke my heart juuust a tad.

But I focused on other things. Sooner then I had expected, I felt the Parasite Cage jump high into the air, and grab onto the ceiling. Below me, I saw a large hole in the ground open up. I let out a small gasp, knowing what the Cage was about to do.

In a split second, the Cage had opened its mouth, sending both me and Pinocchio into the dark hole below. My stomach dropped as the falling sensation came to me again, except this time I was actually falling.

Darkness took over everything I saw. Wherever I was falling, it was dark. In front of me, there was a small white dot - the hole I had fallen from. A figure jumped through it, after me...

After a quick second, I realized the person falling to me was Riku.

((But was he falling for me? Or for Pinocchio?))

I opened my mouth, trying to scream for help, but again nothing came out. My heart was speeding, my stomach turning, my head spinning..

So this is how it feels to fall in love?

A sharp pain hit my body with fast speed as I hit the ground with great force. I felt my body retaliate, and bounce back into the air, only to hit the ground once more. I opened my eyes, only to see a blurring picture before me. The fall was that bad.. I was starting to loose consciousness...

What's the point of falling in love, when there is no one at the bottom to catch you?

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

My body hurt..

Bad..

My nerves felt like they were on fire, and they were all yelling at me for crashing into the ground.

Eyelids would not open. They we're too tired.. also yelling at me for falling..

Body.. wouldn't move. Yelling at me too?

Yes. Yelling at me with every throbbing burst of pain that started in my lower back, and shot up to my shoulders.

I couldn't stand to have my body feeling like this.. So I tried my best to relax my muscles, and slowly drifted off to sleep again..

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

My eyes opened to meet the blinding whiteness of a painted ceiling.

I blinked a few times, confused at why a whale would have a ceiling like the one I was staring at. It took me awhile before I realized I was in my room..

Back in Maleficent Castle..!

I pulled my body up, ignoring the shots of pain that were sent into my back. Pulling my knees over the bed I was on, I looked around my room, shocked.

....how the HELL did I get back here?!

Then it hit me.. Riku...

He must have gotten me after that fall.. and took me back here!!

But.. why would he have done that?! He would have lost Pinocchio if he did..

I ran a hair through my hair, sighing. I winced a bit.. even just moving my arms made my back hurt.. To my side I saw the small crystal ball that I had used a while ago.

".. It wouldn't hurt.." I said, crawling over to it, slowly and softly. I had to see what Riku was doing. If he got Pinocchio or not..

I reached a hand out, and grazed the ball. "S.. Show me Riku.." I said softly. The colors of the orb swirled, and showed me two talking figures....

"...So... Kairi is like a lifeless puppet now..?" I heard a voice say. After the colors softened, I saw Riku. He was standing in front of a "sleeping" Kairi.. Maleficent was behind him.

"Precisely.." the Queen said. Obviously enjoying this.

"A..And her heart was..?" Riku's voice.. was it me.. or was it cracking? Was he... really so sad about Kairi!?

"Taken by the heartless, no doubt!" the Queen said, holding her hands high.

Riku turned to face her, his expression was anxious. "Tell me! What can I do?!"

I growled at his figure in the ball, and swatted it aside before Riku could finish talking. The swat sent pain into my lower back and shoulders, but I didn't care. I quickly grabbed a pillow that was closest to me, and buried my face in it. I wasn't surprised.. the fact that I was shedding tears because of that girl...

This is what I get for yelling at him, isn't it..?

He really did care more about her, then he did me..

I let myself cry into that pillow for a few minutes. Each time my body gasped for air, my back would surge with pain. I cried there for awhile, until my tear ducts ran dry, and I couldn't cry any more.

As I laid there, I thought of what I needed to do next.. I didn't want to stay in that room, it hurt me to do so.

So I devised a plan..

I would get up.. and get over the pain in my back.

I would make my way to Traverse Town..

And I would start my mission with Sirius..

Now was the best time.

I mean.. it's not as if Riku really cared anyway...