Away from the Sun

An Act

The black wisps of the portal disappeared around me as I took foot upon one of the roofs of Traverse Town. This was the best place to find Sirius.. If there was one place you would find her, it would have been on a roof or balcony.

I jumped on and off a few roofs, making my way into the bigger parts of town. My plan was buzzing strongly in my head. Good thing I had good enough acting skills, or I might never be able to pull this off.

Still though, the constant ring of doubt lingered there in my mind. I had to keep reassuring my self. If I didn't get that gem, Hades would make my life hell. The Queen too...

This wasn't so much about Riku anymore..

He was off with Kairi anyway.. it didn't matter.

I sighed, landing on a crooked roof top, and sat there. I needed to get Riku out of my mind before I did this mission. Thinking of him could jeopardize everything at stake!!

Trying to calm my thoughts down, I sat there and listened to the town around me. It was night time, so there wasn't a lot of noise..

But..

There was a slight noise coming from behind me. A humming of sorts, or singing..

I stood up, and walked carefully over the roof, making sure not to fall. As I neared the voice, I realized that is was someone singing..

And that person.. was that Sirius?

Her voice echoed across Traverse Town, and got caught in my ears. I couldn't help but listen to the words she was singing..

"Where are you..?
and I'm so sorry..
I cannot sleep,
I cannot dream tonight.
I need somebody,
and always this sick strange darkness
comes creping on
so haunting every time."

Was she.. singing about me?

"And as I stared
I counted webs from all the spiders
catching things,
and eating their insides.
Like indecision to call you,
and hear your voice of treason.
Will you come home,
and stop this pain tonight..
Stop this pain tonight.."

I quickly covered my ears with my hands, refusing to hear her song. Whatever it was, it was making me second thing my actions. And that was NOT going to happen. NOT tonight!!

"Dammit..!! Dammit shut UP!" I said quietly to myself, hoping it would make her, somehow, stop.

"Don't waste your time one me,
Your already the voice inside my head..
Don't waste your time one me,
Your already the voice inside my head.."

I started to hum very quickly and lightly, trying to block out all her words.

I looked past a chimney I was near, and saw her there. Sirius. Her knees to her chest, near tears. I growled a bit, mostly at myself. "pull yourself together..! make this quick and get it over with!!"

Quickly, I jumped over to the roof she was on. My step was light, so she didn't hear me. Her gaze was still pointing straight ahead. I made a small sigh, and stepped closer.

Here goes nothing..!

I got my self closer to Sirius, and spoke with a soft, but 'urgent' voice. "E...Emmy!" I said, calling her with her old name.

"H.. huh?!" I heard her say, and quickly spin her head around. The second her eyes met mine, her face went pale.

"E..Eris?!" She said, getting up. My insides felt a sting as she said my old name. But I was going to have to get used to her calling me that.. if I was going to go through with this mission.

"Shh!" I said, still far from her. She looked at me, confused. So I made my way over to her, hastefully, and covered her mouth with my hand. "Shhh!" I said again, trying to get her to quiet down. I reeeally didn't feel like dealing with Squall tonight..

She shushed after that, and I put on a smile. "Emmy.."

She didn't answer me, or even talk back. She pulled away from my grasp, and started to back up.

This motion didn't at all surprise me. But, I needed to act like it did. So I gave her a hurt look. She stayed quiet, studying my expression.

"A.. Are you back to say more mean things?" she asked after a bit of silence.

I looked down after she said that, acting as if I felt bad for my words. Dammit... I thought. This isn't starting off good..

"..I'm sorry.." she said, once she saw my head go down. "It's just that... it's all I have been hearing from you, these past few days.."

I rubbed my arm in a nervous way, and kept my gaze down.

Don't say stupid things. Don't say mean things. Shut up, shut up!

"I.. I know. I'm sorry.." I said.

"It's ok.." Emmy said, and I looked up. She had on a small smile. "It's the darkness doing it to you.."

Like hell it is..! I thought, but also smile to her.

"A..And I'm glad that your happy with Riku.."

Her statement sent cold chills down my back, and I looked to the side quickly. "He's still caught up in Kairi.." I said, letting hatrid and venom drop from my words.

Emmy looked down. "Yea... so is Sora.." she muttered.

I shook my head, trying to get off the subject. "B.. But hey, I came here for a reason.."

Emmy looked back at me, confused.

"Emmy...! I think I found a way home!"

"Wh-..what?.. Really?" she asked in disbelief. "But.. Your the one that didn't want to leave..!!"

I nodded. Dammit, she is right. "Y-yea.. I know.." I said, and turned my gaze down to the rooftop below us. "But.. my stomach turns when I think of home. I miss them... I miss my mom, my family.. Hell, I even miss my dad a bit!" Okay.. so that last part was a complete lie.

Emmy crossed her arms. "Eris.. We both know that you hate your father, and that you could never miss him. Besides!! You've always said how you hated home!! That you would rather be anywhere else but there..! Like London or Japan!"

Her words were right on. I did hate my home. I did hate m father. And I did wish to live ANYwhere else.

I looked to my side, trying to put on a sad face. "I know... But.. I'm not much on it here anymore.. I have to constantly live in the dark ((which didn't bother me to much anymore)), and living under the rull of Maleficent isn't all it cut outs to be.. Besides.. all I do all day is think about how the man I love, loves somebody else.." that last part.. was completely true.

"You still like it better he-"

"Please, Emmy!.." I sighed. "I.. I just came here to tell you I found a way home.. I thought my best friend would have believed me.. But never mind, I'll go home on my own.." I turned my back to her, and started to walk away.

I head Emmy sigh behind me, and walk a little towards me. "I do want to go home, and I do believe you found a way out..! But I just don't belive you want to leave.."

Dammit... she's catching on quick.. Hmm.. I smirked to myself. Good thing your sister taught you to cry on command.. It took a few seconds, but soon I had tears falling on the floor below me. This would do it.. she would see my tears, and think I'm serious!

I heard her sigh, and I was positive that she saw my tears. It didn't take long before I heard her footsteps coming to me.

Hook..

"I.. I hate it here..!" I said, wiping my cheeks a bit. I quickly turned to her, and hugged her, letting my 'tears' fall. "I-.. I want to go home, Emmy!"

She didn't answer me back, so I kept talking. "I want to go home! I want to see my family, my room, my pets! Sit on our asses, eat pocky, watch movies! I don't care!! I don't want to be here anymore!"

Line..

I buried my head in her, and cried for awhile, until I finally felt her hug me back. "...Fine.." she said, finally.

And sinker..!

I smiled, moved away from her, wipeing my face. "R-really?" I asked.

She gave a small smile, and nodded. "Yea.. Besides, I really miss my mom.." Her smile showed me that she truely believed me. Good.. we could actually start now..

"So comon.." she said. "Explain this way home.."

I nodded, and look to my side. "Well.. see... After the other day, Riku has been obsession over Kairi.."

I heard a small "So is Sora.." from Emmy, but I still continued.

"So.. I tried to get my mind on other things.. Seems the Queen has a huge library.. and look-" I started to dig in a bag I had brought with me, and pulled out a old map of Olympus Mountain. "I found something..."

"..Like what?"

"I'm not all to sure.." I said, "But there's this.. temple.. riiight arroound.. HERE" I said, pointing to a red dot high on a mountain peak. "And I'm pretty sure that, inside, is this Gem.. "

Emmy raised an eyebrow. "A.. Gem.. is going to get us home?"

I scoffed, and pulled the map more towards myself. "Duhhh.. I've read a bit on it! It's called the "Tears of the Gods". And I think it is able to grant one wish to someone who is truly deserving of it.. And I was thinking we could wish to go home.."

"Hmm.." Emmy said, thinking over what I have told her. She nodded after awhile. "..Okay. Why not."

My face lit up.. she really believed me..! "R-really?! You wanna go?" I asked, smiling.

Emmy nodded. "Good!!" I said, taking her arm in my hand. "We can go home!!"<>
She smiled. "Okay. Lets go then!"

I laughed a bit, but stopped myself. "We.. we need to get to Olympus Colosseum.. but I am afraid to use darkness aga-"

"Don't worry about that. I'll drive the Gummi Ship."

I looked to her, amazed. "..YOU can DRIVE the GUMMI SHIP?" I asked in disbelief.

She shrugged. "Hey.. If I can play it, why not!" She walked off, towards the exit of Traverse Town.

I followed her, smirking slightly to myself.

Half way there....

.*.*.*.*.*.*A While Later, On Top of Olympus Mountain*.*.*.*.*.*.

"Holy Shite!!" I said, as I took my last step to the top of the mountain, and collapsed to my knees. "Lungs.. collapsing.. body.. shutting down.." I said, making fake gasping noises. I felt a hand slightly hit the top of my head.

"Com'on.. stop goofing off!" Emmy said, walking ahead of me. I stuck my tongue out, got back up, and followed her.

After awhile of walking on level ground, we came to a huge monument. It reminded me a lot of the front of Olympus Coliseum. A huge door, guarded by two large statures. But these were different..

The statures looked dark. Gargoyle-ish. Yes, they were human.. but they still didn't look like it. In their hands, they both held a large medieval axe. Just the top of the axe itself was the size of a large car.

"Wow.. so this is it?" Emmy said, stopping to take in the view of the temple.

I nodded. "Com'on..!" I said, suddenly, starting to run to the temple.

Emmy stared at me confused at first, but quickly followed. "Excited, are we?" she asked once she had caught up.

I nodded and smiled. "Very!! What about you?"

She also smiled. "Mmhmm."

We got to the front of the doors, and my gaze fell upon the guards. Dammit.. I thought, ..Those dammed guards wont allow me to pass without a Pure Heart.. They will kill me on sight with those axes... Jeez, this will be hard..

I started my way to the door, then stopped my self, and looked to my side. Just act like you saw something.. "Oh.. Hey Emmy?"

She turned to me. "Huh..? yea, what is it?"

"You go on ahead, ok? Ill catch up.. I think I saw a chest, ok?"

She blinked at me. "..Wha-"

"Don't worry!" I said, "The gem is for whoever wants it! Just bring it back out when your done, kay?"

She still looked confused, but nodded. "Yea.. alright.. You go on and see the chest."

I smiled and nodded, starting my walk over to the "chest". Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as Emmy easily stepped pass the guards.

HAH! I thought. Her little heart was pure enough for them! Perfect!

As soon as she disappeared within, I ran over to the side of the temple. I peered over the corner, and waited for her to come back out. Keyblade in hand! As soon as she would step out, I would easily hurt her. Knock her out, so that she can't follow me home! That gem was as good as mine now!!

It wasn't long untill I saw Emmy's figure come out of the temple's door... but.. wait. She was walking towards me..!!

Dammit!! She must have seen me hide behind the side of the temple!!

She walked towards the side of the temple, and opened the palm of her hand. Her Keyblade was summoned to her grasp, and she walked a bit faster.

I growled a bit, and backed up. Soon, I saw her round the edge of the temple, and look to me. Her eyes went to my keyblade, then back to my eyes.

"..Hello Eris.." She said, her voice having no emotion what-so-ever.

I growled, and kicked a rock at her, hitting her in the leg. "IT'S LILLITH, GOD DAMMIT!" I screamed.

Emmy-- NO. Sirius now! SIRIUS showed no emotion when the rock hit her, nor when I yelled at her. She just sighed, and put the gem into her pocket.

"Let's just get this over with.." she said, sighing.

She acted as if it was no deal.. I growled again, and gripped my Keyblade. "...I didn't really feel like fighting you today.." I said, my voice cold. "But I just need that gem, my dear Sirius..

I took my Keyblade, and pointed it straight at her. ".... I guess I'll just have to kill you now, wont I?"