Away from the Sun

What Have I Done?

Things were boring.

Really, honest to God they were.

I had no real intention on staying with Riku, and watching the whole "end of the world" scene play out. I had already seen it a hundred times on my own TV screen, why settle for it again?

Instead, I decided to do some.. Exploreing.

Riku had told me not to run off. He said that Sora and Emmy (or Sirius, as he said.) could be anywhere, and he didn't want me stuck somewhere without help. But, lucky for me, I knew where Sora and Emmy would be heading right now, so I could run around all I want without being caught.

Riku objected, but when the Heartless began to notice the intruders into Hollow Bastion, he had too much on his hands to worry about me.

So off I went!

One might not know this, but Hollow Bastion had many more rooms the Kingdom Hearts gave it credit for. And by what I had already seen, Kingdom Hearts only shows about a 5 th of what this place really had to offer. There were even rooms that I cant even explain.

There was a carousel in one. A big one, in a huge circular room, with mirrors for walls...

I don't know why...

But it was there...

A little freaky in a way.

...Anyway. I made my way across Hollow Bastion, exploring and poking my nose in places it probably shouldn't have been. And the anticipation of being somewhere I didn't know made it all the better. I felt like a kid again, inside of a fun house at the carnival.

But, after awhile, I knew I was getting really far from the others, when I noticed that there were no Heartless running around. Also, the hallways and everything began to change...

Something had caught my interest, taking me away from my skeptical thoughts. On the wall next to me, there had been some peeled wallpaper. But the tear had oddly been in a straight line. I walked to it, and tugged a little on some of the wallpaper.

It came off easily, like it was only being held there with some watery glue. I kept peeling, curious as to what was beneath the wallpaper.

And soon, I was standing in front of...

"...a door?"

I titled my head slightly, and ran my hand across the smooth oak door. It had been neatly hidden beneath the wallpaper... perhaps it had been just a coincidence that I had found it..

But, either coincidence or fate, I pushed on the door, causing it to swing open, revealing a staircase traveling further deeper into Hollow Bastion...

I swallowed slightly, pushing any nerves away, and let the courageous and curious side take a hold of me. Slowly, I started my decent down the oddly placed stairs.
--__--__--__--

The "downstairs" was strange..

Very strange..

And not the Hollow Bastion type strange, either.

The walls were covered by a brown victorian type wallpaper, and was caked with dust and cobwebs. But, the wallpaper was ripping and peeling dreadfully. A few items stood in the hallways, like tables and small lamps. Most of them, however, had been pushed over.

There were a lot of doors leading to strange places as well, but most of the doors wouldn't open. And the only ones that did only lead to small lounging type rooms, or a bathroom here and there.

As for lighting, the place had barely none. Every now and then, there was a single lightbulb that hung low from the ceiling. Although, they were always on, yet had never burned out...

Playing a lot of video games, the place had reminded me a lot a place from a Silent Hill game. Creepy, noiseless, and you could almost guarantee that around the corner would either be someone's corpse, or a rotting monster with two heads- daring to rip your head off.

Either way, the place seemed way to appalling and scary to be in a Disney type game... SO- that probably explains why Kingdom Hearts never showed this part of Hollow Bastion..

Or maybe, these corridors that I was in, was Hollow Bastion. Disney probably built a castle atop it, to give it that DINSEY OMG feeling.

'Cause, you know. Every place needs a castle somewhere to be considered cool.

I ran my finger across one of the walls. Dust collected onto my finger, and when I looked at it, I could have sworn I saw something moving inside the dust.

Blowing on my finger, and then wiping it on my shirt, I gave a small "ew..." sound.

"Stupid Queen.." I said, under my breath. "Only she could keep a place as dusty as hell." As if the Queen even knew about this place..

I was starting to get bored of my surroundings (I was amazed that the darkness of it all hadn't scared me yet. But, I think I was starting to get used to it...), so I started to push in all the doors I could find. Most of them wouldn't open, and others only bathrooms or bedrooms. One even opened to a brick wall.

But, as I pushed on one door, it swung wide open, creaking and moaning.

I didn't take any hesitation to stepping inside. My hands felt the wall, looking for any type of light switch. I probably wouldn't find one... and if I did, it would have still been one stupid lightbulb.

Soon, I found one, and flipped it. And as soon as I did, I had to wince and shut my eyes tightly at the sudden and immense amount of light that had filled the room.

After adjusting to the light, I slowly opened my eyes, and stood stunned at what I was looking at before me.

It was.... a Ballroom?

Above, the light I had turned on, had revealed below it a stunning- yet unkept- ballroom.

The floor was dirty, and filled with dust, like everywhere else down here. It looked as if it once was a beautiful cream colored polished dance floor. But now, it was scratched up, and looking dull and grey.

Sitting on the ballroom floor were a few large tables, some of them tipped over on the floor. The ones that were still standing had candlesticks on them, still supporting the half-burned candles. Next to the tables were a few chairs, their red cushions decaying from years of moths and other bugs that loved to hang out in these places. All the tables, candles, and chairs were all connected with cobwebs, giving everything that "haunted ballroom" look.

The walls held a similar victorian look, like the outside hallways, except the wallpaper was a deep maroon color instead of brown. Most of the wallpaper was peeling, revealing the dark wood behind it.

Large pillars held the ballroom's ceiling up. The light, which turned out to be a large golden chandelier, was surrounded by heavenly pictures. Angles and Cherubs, smiling and playing instruments cluttered the ceiling, completing the ballroom, and giving it such and old Cathedral like look.

I blinked slightly at the randomness of a ballroom popping up in Hollow Bastion. The words "...what the hell?" left my mouth, showing my confusion.

I walked fully into the ballroom, and looked around, taking it all in.

"Well.. Isn't THIS a wonderful place to keep a ballroom!" I said, putting my hands in the air. "...What the HELL does this even have to do with Kingdom Hearts?!" I asked, to no one imparticular.

"Please! Why don't you come to my Grand Ball! It shall be wonderful! There will be dancing and little coffee cakes! It's only located three hundred feet below Hollow Bastion!" I said, mockingly.

I kicked a candlestick that was near my foot. "Stupid Witch"... I muttered.

Though, as soon as I did so, there was a clicking sound behind me. I turned around, only to see the door slowly creaking open...

My hand went to my side, ready to summon my Keyblade. Being in such a creepy place only meant that I was soon to be attacked by Zombies... really.

But no Zombie came into the ballroom... No. Instead, it was her.

It was Emmy. Of course, here to ruin my day- in which was going pretty good. She hadn't noticed me yet, and stood there, turning slightly, taking in the view of the oddly placed ballroom.

Inside, I laughed a little, at the fact that she was so oblivious to her surroundings, that she didn't even notice me standing in the middle of the room.

"...You've got to be kidding me.." I said after awhile, finally getting her attention, and causing her to look my way.

As she did, her eyes went wide, as some type of fear and surprisal embraced her body. She took a step back, lightly speaking. "..H-hi.. Eris."

I took a slight cringe at the name, but tried to ignore it. "What now? Are you stalking me?" I said, looking straight at her.

Her head went down, but I saw a slight smile form on her face. We had always had a type of "inside joke" with 'stalkers'. In a way, it expressed how we felt and fangirl'd over thousands of men.

But there was no more room for fantasies now. A type of... feeling had come over me, seeing that look upon her face. I was no longer that shy and careful self I was around Riku...

Something... something inside me made myself full of rage and anger when ever I saw her face. An experience deep inside my heart, which made it writhe and struggle, trying to scream, and nothing coming out.

And this something... made me hate the very sight of the girl in front of me.

And... I had to do something about this.

I made a small scoff, causing her to look back at me. "Are you that pathetic?" I asked, "thinking back to our previous lives?"

She stood her ground. "I'm not forgetting my past." She said. "Why would I want any of those happy memories to fade away?"

"Happy?!" I shouted. "Define happy! Is happy waking up in the odd hours to go to some rich ass school, only to be teased and forced to drop out? Or no, I bet happy is waking up in the morning, to see your father passed out on the couch with a beer still in his hands. Or better yet, here's the big one! Happiness MUST be watching your mother cry her heart out, while your father walks out the door! That must be happiness, right?"

She cringed slightly at my words, but still held her ground. "We met, didn't we?"

I snickered.

Emmy took a step forward, and spoke. "Were you miserable when we talked? Or when we laughed and cried together?"

Putting a finger to my chin, I made a small "Hm" sound.

"Well, I guess that is one thing to be happy for." I said, causing her face to soften a little, as if I was going to give a sorry, and this all be over with. But, I held my arms up, motioning to the room around me. "Us meeting DID bring me here. And look at me now, I have the abilities I could have only wished for in that last life.

She growled. "Oh? Then have you forgotten about how I SAVED YOUR LIFE" she screamed, mentioning back to when we had first met. When we first met each other, I will be honest and say I was in my... 'gothic' stage. I believed that the whole world was out to get me, and no one understood how it felt to be a 14 year old. Luckily, she did bring me away from that.

But, then again, that's really the only good thing she ever did for me.

Besides bring me here.

"Saving my life?" I said, my voice cold and unemotional.

She answered just as cold. "Yes."

This time, I couldn't help but laugh. "Saving it?! Damned idiot, you only made it more miserable!"

She looked a little taken back, but her cold stare didn't change.

"Do you think I LIKED coming over to your house everyday? Hell, I only did it, because I felt bad saying no to someone as pathetic and pitiful as you!"

With hands at fists, she spoke, her voice still hateful. "So.. You lied about saying you loved me?"

I only grinned.

"Hmmph.." she said. "Where you always were a bitch, weren't you, Eriset Knights?"

"Possibly." I said, my grin turning into a smirk.

Emmy took another step towards me, and then bowed to me in a mocking way. "Yet, here I am, sore and beaten by my Master. Still, being the obedient Servant I am, I try to come and save you." She rose, standing straight. "And yet, you still do not see the error of your ways."

Your probably a little confused as what she said. See, along time ago, me and Emmy would get lost in Role Playing games for hours on end. Most of them with Vampires, Werewolves, and other nightly creatures. And whenever we did, I would always be the Master, teaching her Servant all there is about the dark ages. She said it fit me, being the Master. Guess I already had a knack for being in the dark, even in silly RPs.

I started to walk towards her, hands in my pockets. "Hmm... You see, there is only one problem with that." I said.

"And what is that, Master?" She asked, voice still in a mocking tone.

But I let my mouth smirk once more. "Your Master has disowned you. She no longer cares about you."

She shrugged. "That's fine... I don't care. God doesn't have time for sinning shit like you."

I growled slightly. I knew this would happen, I just didn't know when. Sooner or later, she was going to bring some stupid religion into the mix, when it didn't even belong here.

But Emmy continued to talk. "Hmm... Your pathetic.." she said. "So corrupted... so twisted."

I started to make a comeback, but she said the one thing that started to make my blood boil.

She looked to me, slightly smirking. "All to impress Riku, and give yourself power... Same thing he is doing.. for Kairi. Even though.. He is such a looser, he won't even get the girl."

My fist started to clench.

"I know what happens to him." She said, smirking fully now. "Do you? No, because you never finished Kingdom Hearts 2! And now that we are here, you will never know what happens of him!"

I tried not to act affected by her statement. "...Well, that's when I leave it all up to you. You've already told me every single little spoiler about the game. Hell, I dont even need to play when I have you! And don't you DARE talk about Riku like that!! You know nothing about him! Only what this bullshit game tells you!!"

"Isn't that what's true then?" she asked.

I don't know what it was.... but..

"Its all we know. Only what the game shows us."

Her voice..

"Do you think they are programmed to have feelings?"

Was really...

"They're just data."

REALLY

"Useless data."

REALLY getting annoying!!

"And once we beat the game, it'll be over with, and we will all go back."

I grabbed my head, rubbing it, cursing. "Holy SHIT is your voice fuking annoying!!" I yelled.

She smirked and turned around. "That's only proof that I've won. Now... If you'll excuse me... I need to go beat this game for a seventh time."

I wanted to make her shut up... I wanted to beat that smug look from her face..

"...Do you really think I would let you leave that easily?" I asked, my voice slightly cracking from anger.

She turned back around. "Bring it on. Lillith. You can't do any worse to me then you already have."
I held my hands up, causing the doors behind her to slam shut. Once they did, a wisping darkness surrounded the door handles, making them impossible to open.

"Oh.." I said, my eyes slightly glowing. "I already have a plan for that."

She stood in a fighting stance, but did not yet summon her Keyblade.

But I did, and I held it straight above my head. "You talk a lot about me being in Darkness, dear Emmy. So... why don't we fight in it?" An energy ball started to form at the top of my Keyblade. And when I let it go, it flew up, crashing into the chandelier. The lights flickered for a moment, until going out, leaving us both in total darkness.

The blanket of darkness didn't last long. As soon as the light went out, Emmy summoned her Keyblade, and held her wings (even the gimp one) high. Both her wings and the Keyblade glowed, filling the room with even more light then before.

I scoffed slightly. "Stupid Emmy." I said. "You're making you're self a sitting duck!"

"I'd rather die in light, then give myself up to the darkness." She stated, and bowed her head. She then started to pray.. "Please Father, forgive her, for she knows not of what she is doing-"

I growled, cutting her off. "Don't you get it, Emmy?!" I held up my hands again. "GOD ISN'T HERE"

As soon as I said this, I felt something hit the back of my neck, sending me forward onto the ground. Seems I hit a nerve of Emmy's, causing her to teleport and appear behind me, hitting my neck with her Keyblade.

"Nng..." I said, grabbing my neck, and getting back up. As I did so, I made sure to jump away from Emmy, making it so she could not hit me again.

I landed on the other side of the room, and smirked. "Hit a soft spot, ne?" I asked.

"You know all to well how I feel about religion." She said, making me giggle at her serious tone. But she only spoke louder. "I don't care what you say! My Father is with me no matter what! And He is with you to, because He loves you!"

Her religious talk was really starting to piss me off.

I shook my head, and spoke in a mocking baby tone. "You're God cannot help you here, Emmy." I placed my hand on my heart. "And you're God is no longer in me."

Again, she teleported, this time in front of me. It took me by surprise, and I didn't have enough time to dodge as her foot met my stomach, kicking me back.

I didn't fall though. I only grabbed my stomach, and stumbled back, laughing at her attempt to hurt me.

She growled as I did so. "You sick fuck.." she said, stepping back.

Grinning, I stood back up straight. "Guilty." I said, being a smartass.

But this was all slowly getting on my nerves.. I really didn't feel like fighting, so I should probably get this over with quick.

"Now.." I said, "And bare with me on this. Can we get this over with quickly? See... there is a fight upstairs that I'd like to go watch." I winked to her. "Figured I'd sit in to see Sora stab himself."

She growled slightly, so I continued.

"You know. For Kairi. In whom, HE LOVES."

Her head went down, and I could tell I hit something.

"Or... at least. more then you" I added.

This caused her to growl, and I could see the anger rise in her. She turned around, charging at me, swinging her Keyblade once she was near.
"DIE" she yelled.

I dodged, stepping to the side, and then jumped into the air. She followed me, sending airborn attacks my way.

I kept dodging them. "AT LEAST MY BOY STOPS CHASING AFTER THAT WHORE!!" I pushed my legs against one of the pillars, jumping higher in the air, still being followed by Emmy. "YOURS WILL KEEP DOING IT!!" I screamed at her.

"SHUT UP!!" She bellowed, finally making connection with me and her Keyblade, jabbing it into my side.

I fell, gasping and grabbing my side, and sliding onto my back on the floor. My Keyblade flew from my hand, and across the floor. I laid there for a moment, staring at the angels on the ceiling.

After a few seconds, I held my hand in the air, resummoning my Keyblade. Carefully, I stood up, and looked at Emmy who was standing in a fighting stance across the room.

"See.... You're going to die for that.." I said, causing her to glare at me, a hint of sadness in her eyes.

I glared back, grinning. No emotion in mine.

Quickly, I lunged at her. She started to take a step back, but I quickly warped behind her. She stood, confused, for a moment, until I took the sharp point of my crescent moon Keyblade, and thrusted it into her knee.

She gasped and screamed at the pain in her leg, and collapsed to her knees. I took this chance now to swing my Keyblade square into her side, sending her across the room this time.

She hit the wall, eyes closed. I held my Keyblade to my side, twirling it slightly. "Not fighting back? Eh, Sirius?"

Slowly she stood back up, and glared at me, her face bleeding slightly from a wound that had been made from her fall. She held up her hand, a glowing ball of energy forming above it. Then, she threw it in the air, then swatted it with her Keyblade, sending it my way at an amazing speed.

It crashed directly into my chest, sending me into the pillar behind me. The force from her energy ball was great, making the pillar break into pieces as my back hit it.

I fell to the ground below, debris and rubble from the pillar falling on me. Luckily the biggest piece of pillar didn't hurt me bad, maybe only broke one rib (which really wasn't bad, in a fight to the death.).

I stood, pushing the piece off me. And once up, I kicked it, letting out some steam. "Fucking pillar.." I said, under my breath.

Turning around, I looked to Emmy, who was panting and glaring at me. Her status made me smirk, and I couldn't help but taunt her more.

"You look tired, dear." I said, starting to walk closer, but watching her for any sign of a soon attack. "Why don't you take a nap?"

"Because.... My friend needs me.." And with this, she jumped into the air, and flew down at me, swinging her Keyblade once again into my side.

I winced slightly, but quickly retaliated by swinging my own Keyblade into her side, making sure to hit her with the points of the crescent moon.

She screamed, and grabbed her side, which was bleeding greatly, and kneaded onto the floor. I set my foot on her shoulder, and kicked hard, sending her on her side.

Emmy fell there, coughing, grabbing her side. And I looked down at her, smirking.

My foot met her stomach, stepping down hard, and making her slide to her back. I kept my foot there, still stepping hard.

She gasped at the pain in her stomach, and looked up to me with pleading eyes.

"E...Eris.. Please..." she said, voice cracking.

My head went down, hair covering my eyes. I held the Keyblade to my side, letting an orb of dark energy form at it's tip. I then moved my Keyblade to her throat.

"That's. Not. My. Name. Not Any More." I said, voice dripping with venom.

Here eyes went wide. "Eris!" She said, louder now.

I pushed the orb closer to her neck. "SHUT UP!"

"REMEMBER OUR FRIENDSHI-"

"I SAID SHUT UP!!" I pushed the orb closer to her neck, so she could feel the heat of energy on her skin. Her eyes went wide with fear, knowing this was the end.

I kneaded down to her, and whispered slowly. "I am no longer your friend.. I am your enemy... and your enemy just won.."
Tears started to pour out her eyes, and she spoke, her voice cracking. "....I still love you..." she said.

I stood back up straight, and laughed. "How funny..." I said, "It's just like Sora, isn't it?"

She didn't answer me.

"Tell me... Emmy. How does it feel?... How does it feel to love someone, and not be loved back?"

She gave a small gasp, and started to tremble, tears coming faster now.

I held my Keyblade more tightly, about to admonish the ending blow... but, she started singing..

Slowly, with her last bits of strength, she sang to me.

"S-...Seasons may change.... Winter to spring..." she hadn't any energy left to finish the line, so I'd thought that I would finish it for her.

Only altering it a bit..

"But I don't love you... and it's your dying..." I took my foot off of her stomach, and let the energy ball from my Keyblade go, letting it collide with her chest. "...day.."

She gasped as the ball sent her flying across the room, pain flowing throughout her entire body. Her body crashed into the wall, causing the ballroom's red wallpaper to break apart. She then slid down the wall, and sat their weakly, her breathing starting to slow dramatically.

I smirked, and held my keyblade across my shoulders. Slowly, I walked to her, taking in the sight of my doings.

I was proud.

When I got there, she looked at me, now gasping for air to fill her dying lungs. I knead beside her, and put on a fake worried look.

"I want you to tell me another thing, Emmy." I said. "Tell me... how it feels.." My thumb ran across her cheek. "...to die unloved?"

She did not answer me, but only coughed, blood trickling down her chin.

I smiled, and stood. "I'll take that as an answer."

Her eyes looked at me, but they held barely any life. Slowly, she whispered. "...Eris... I... will always.... be with you..." And with that, her breathing stopped.

Ember Heart was dead.

Something strange went throughout my body.. As if a cold air quickly entered, then left it. It made chills run up my back..

As I looked at the dead Emmy on the floor... for some reason, I felt alone..

But I pushed the feeling aside, and took a deep breath. "How sad." I said, talking to no one really. "To waste your last words on someone who doesn't even care.."

I, once again, kicked her shoulder, sending her to her side. She plopped there, her body holding no firmness. She was like a rag doll.

The light in the room began to dim, and it was then that I noticed that it was Emmy who was still lighting the room with her wings and Keyblade. But now, her wings and Keyblade began to glow lighter, taking the light from the room.

As the lights dimmed, I stuck my hand into my pocket. After a second of rummaging around, I pulled something out.

In my hands, I held the feather that Emmy had given me at the very beginning of the game. Slowly, I twirled it in my fingers, trying to think back to why she had given it to me.

Sad thing was... I couldn't remember.

I blew on the feather, and let go, freeing it from my grasp. It flitted in the air, slowly flipping and swaying down. When it landed, it landed right on Emmy's cheek.

I stared at it for a while longer, until turning around, and walking towards the doors. I opened them, and stepped outside, the bleak light from outside shining in, and falling on Emmy's fallen body.

I looked back to her, no emotion in my eyes nor my voice.

"....Game Over, Emmy." I said, slamming the doors behind me, and leaving her in darkness...
--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--

I found my way back up to Hollow Bastion easily. I was now just walking around, hoping to somehow find my way back to Riku. My heart felt odd, almost like it was hurting. Think severe heartburn, and times that by ten.

And I didn't think much of that burning pain, until it started to envelope my entire body.

It started in my chest. A deep burning sensation, which progressed into my back, and then down my spine. From there, it effected my legs, arms, and neck.

It felt as if my body was burning alive from the inside out. I dropped to my knees, gasping, and confused.

I put a hand on the wall to try and stable myself, and closed my eyes, taking deep breaths.

"W....what the hel-" I gasped again as my heart sped up, burning harder and faster then any other part of my body. I let out a small exasperated scream, and fell to my side.

There was a voice in the air... the voice was familiar, and it spoke softly.

"Hearts... connected.." it started out, and got stronger.

"Two Hearts. Connected."

I gasped, grabbing my chest, writhing with pain on the floor. I was so confused.... why was this happening?

The voice continued. "One Cannot Live Without The Other." it said.

I didn't understand the voice then..

I tried to get up, trying to crawl away, whimpering. But, the pain running throughout my veins made me collapse again on the floor.

So I laid there, sobbing, wondering why my body was hurting.

And it was then that my heart started to glow.. It started off small, but grew, effecting my entire body. While this happened, the pain only grew, now feeling like electricity running through me.

"Giving up already, Lillith? Com'on.. I thought you were better then that."

I looked up to see no one talking to me. The voice was different now... more... caring..

But caring, the faceless voices were beginning to annoy me.

"F..Fuck you!" I said to the voice. "It... hurts.." My voice was getting weak..

The glowing of my body started to stop, fading until it was only my heart slightly beaming. Along with the glow fading, so did the pain, and my energy.

Soon, my hands fell lifelessly to my sides.

"... Who are you?" I asked, using the last of my energy just to talk. "....why... are you saying that?.....my name... My name isn't Lillith... it...it's Eris.."

The voice spoke again.

"Eris?... That's much more prettier... why didn't you tell me that?.. And I told you my name is Riku."

A smile slightly formed on my face. "....Riku...." I closed my eyes. "...Where am I?"

My body started to feel cold..

"Don't Worry... Your safe now... I'll see you later..."

I could feel my breath get slower... but I was still calm. "....okay.." I said.

"...H..Hey Eris?" Riku's voice said. My eyes flickered open, but saw no face..

As I closed my eyes, I felt a warm presence on my cheek, and then the soft words in my ear.

"I Love-"....

And then...

My breathing stopped...

...And...

..I died..


--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--

The small mouse stood in front of the young girl's lifeless body. He shared no words with the girl, only stared, amazed.

Soon, a man joined him. He was tall, and dressed in red. A red shawl covered his face, and all that showed was his eye.

Both of them stood before the girl. Until one of them spoke..

It was the mouse.

".. How did this happen?" He asked the man. "Not only why... but how?!"

"It was meant to happen... the second these young girls entered this world. It was not the question of why, or how. Only when."

He kneaded down, and pointed to her chest. Her heart was still aglow.

"She is not dead." the man said, getting a confused look from the mouse. "Only purifying."

"..Purifying?" The mouse asked.

And the mad nodded. "Two hearts, connected. One cannot survive without the other. And where there is light, there is always darkness.. These two women came into this world, their hearts separated by these two forces. The girl we found below- to the light. And the girl before us- the darkness. While their adventures carried on, so did their hearts, feasting on what they were made to. And soon, it corrupted both of them. This girls heart had shun out all light, while the other's shielded out all darkness. Yet, these are two things the heart cannot live without, and their lives became unbalanced.

"The girls are not dead, but purifying. When this girl, Eris, killed the other, Emmy, it began a cycle of what they were meant to do. Clean hearts. Diminish all darkness in them."

The mouse nodded. "So.. When Ember died- or more of, went into a type of coma... it also did the same to Eriset. To clean them.."

The man nodded. "Yes."

"..How long will it take?" The mouse asked.

"Hopefully... only a year." He looked down at the mouse. "...What shall we do, King Mickey?"

The King looked down, thinking... and then held his head high, and nodded to the man.

"We will protect them, DiZ."

The man, DiZ, nodded.

"As you wish, my friend."
♠ ♠ ♠
......

Well..
There you go...
It's finally over with...

Tell me... did you like it?
Did the ending shock you?
Did it make you angry?
Hungry for more?

Well then, Go and read Part Two, "Crawling Towards Twilight". :D.