Away from the Sun

Mentalist

We landed on the floor with a low 'oomph'. A lot of it was probably fear of having Sora or anyone else hear us hit. But, as we picked out heads up, we noticed that there was nothing at all to hide behind. Sora stood there in front of us, completely oblivious to us behind him. Both me and Ember picked stood up quietly, and we saw as the sword from before appeared in Sora's hand.

The distant voice began to speak once again. I looked over to Ember, who seemed to be listening to the voice. For some reason, she was able to understand the words it said when I could not. Of course I knew what it was talking about. I had played this part of Kingdom Hearts thousands of times. But it seemed like mumbles and whispers to me.. when Ember knew exactly what it was saying.

I decided not to let it bother me, and pay closer attention to what was in front of me. The voice spoke again, and I saw a small bunny like creature appear in front of Sora. 'wait.. Heatless?' I thought, 'But...so.. this really is real..' Sora quickly tore through the Heartless, But, as one appeared behind us, and the voice once again said something to Sora, he turned, only to meet eyes with us.

He looked at us confused, but, before he could say a thing, his feet were engulfed with a shadow. I saw as Ember's hand reached towards him, but I held her back, as us too were being eaten by the shadows. It felt almost like sand. Quick sand. I saw Ember close her eyes as the shadows reached her neck, and I did also, in fear that whatever was eating us was blinding.

Quickly, I felt the odd sensation of the shadows disappear, and felt my back against something hard. When I opened my eyes and looked behind me, I saw that I was leaning against a large Victorian like door. Beside me was Ember, and I nudged her, panicking for her to also open her eyes. Many times during the day, I would have a fear she was dead. It was like this odd little feeling in the pit of my stomach. I would call her cell phone twenty to thirty times, and when she would not answer, I would panic more. Thinking she was abducted by some male prostitute or worse. I don't know.. I was born paranoid.

But alas, she opened her eyes, and also looked around her. I gave a sigh of relief, but it was quickly overtaken by a small gasp as we felt someone tugging on the large door behind us.

Slowly peeking around, we saw Sora tugging on the handle. "..I cant open it.." he said, lower then a whisper. Behind him, a few things appeared. We secretly watched as Sora did what the voice above was telling him. Opening the chest. Breaking a box and barrel. Pretty much useless things, but it was fun to see people break stuff, so I didn't complain.

The voice above said something again, and Sora looked back to the door. Quickly, Ember and I smashed our backs against the door, so he could not see us. His footsteps made his way towards the door, and I felt as he once again tugged on the door handle. But, this time, there was a bright light coming from the door. Both front and back. Ember and I shielded our eyes from the light, only to feel a cold rush come over us. Then, everything went black.
*~*~*~*

Someone was touching me... poking my shoulder. I gave a small "Nnn!" and pulled my shoulder away. I felt another nudge, sighed, and opened my eyes, only for them to be flushed with sunlight. Wincing, a pulled my hand in front of the sun before me.

"Where.. am I?!" I asked, my eyes burning from the sun. I hate the sun.. I burn easily. Sunburns = complete and total agony. I would rather be pale.

"I.. don't know." I heard someone say beside me. "I'm gonna guess some small island in the Caribbean.." She said again. I smirked, I could tell it was Ember.

"Still hoping to travel there, eh, Emmy? In hopes of finding your Capt'n Jack Spar-" I stopped as I looked into the eyes of the person next to me. "Hey!!" I yelled, backing away. "Your not Emmy!!.. Who the hell are you?!?!"

The person that was in front of me had long blond hair, pulled into two braided pigtails. She had a black tank-top like shirt on, and two long black fingerless gloves, all partially covered up by a ripped up white T-shirt. Her pants her torn in many places, and had a single chain on it. She looked back at me annoyed.

"What do you mean 'who am I?' I should be asking that question! I'm Emmy! Who the hell are you?!?!" She asked.

My eyes widen as I stared at her. She sounded like her, talked like her, and boy, she had Emmy's attitude.. but she looked different.

"What?!!?... Why are you staring at me like that?!" She asked, annoyed.

I ignored her questioning and looked around me. We were both sitting in the sand, near the ocean. To the right of us was a small house, with a bridge leading to a small island with a large bent palm-like-tree on it. Behind us was a rushing waterfall, surrounded by lush plants and palm trees. I looked beyond 'Ember', only to see a large tree house, above a small dock. Three small boats were tied up to it, banging against the dock with every wave.

I looked back to Ember in front of me. "But... we.. and the dream.. the shadows...oh my God.." I said, still running everything through my head.

".. What are you talking about?! Who the hell are you?!" she asked again, I decided to humor her, to see what she would say.
"I'm Eris.." I said, I saw her eyes widen.

"What?! No you aren't!! Eris doesn't look like you!!" she snapped.

Half hurt by what she said, I looked down, expecting to see my dark blue jeans. But, instead, I saw long black pants. On the pants were a few chains and buckles. My shoes seemed to have drawn skulls on them. I pulled down my shirt, and saw a small pinkish heart on it. Also, my hands also had the black fingerless gloves, followed by many small bracelets. I felt my neck, only to feel a small choker. It was then that I also noticed my hair. Pulling it in front of my face, I saw that it was not it's normal purple color. It was blond! A light light blond.. almost white.

A voice interrupted my self-searchings. "Are you mental? What are you doing?! And once again, who the hell are you?!."

I growled. "I TOLD YOU! IM ERIS!" I said, muttering a small "fuckhead" under my breath. This only made the girl across from me growl back.

"NO your NOT! Eris doesn't lo--"

"And who are you to decide who I am and who I ain't?" I asked, getting very annoyed.

"IM EMBER! THE ONE-"

"Wait!!... Ember?!...So it is you?!"

She stared at me, but stopped for a second and stared down at her own attire. After a second, she looked backed to me. "....Eris?!"

"Yea!" I said, trying to make my anger go away. I had a bad problem with anger. I get it from my dad....

I also get alcohol problems from my dad, but that's a different story.

We both stared at each other, dumfounded. "Oh my God..." we both said at the same time.

But, suddenly, a gush of cold wind passed us, and we once again opened our eyes, only to see complete darkness. Looking down, I saw the outline of Aurora, from some Disney Movie I have never seen. I only knew her name because my sister was obsessed with Disney Princesses.

Across the floor came many little puddles of shadow, slowly morphing into the small bunny like Heartless. "Shit.." I muttered, knowing that both me and Ember were un-armed. The mumbling voice spoke once again, and I looked over to Ember, who seemed to know exactly what it was saying. After the voice had stopped speaking, the Heartless in front of us started to come at us. I saw as Ember jumped out of the way of one, and I barely dodged one. There were just to many to fight without a weapon.

"ERIS!" I heard Ember scream my name, and I looked over to her. In front of her was the large case of stairs, leading up to another pillar. Jumping out of the way of more Heartless, I made my way over, and we both began to run up it.

Once at the top, I saw on the ground the stained glass painting of Belle in her wonderful golden gown. We walked towards the middle of the pillar, only to hear the voice began to speak again. I was starting to get annoyed with the mumbling, and having only Ember know what the hell it was saying, but my annoyance quickly disappeared when the ground beneath us began to rumble.

Out from the ground came a large shadow. It grew until, before us, we saw a large Heartless. In it's chest was a large missing heart, and it's hair resembled snakes. He rose his giant hand, and I watched in horror as a large black ball of energy began to charge in his palm. Quickly, he sent his hand down, fast at first, but only to slow down. I watched, now in confusion, as the Heartless came to a sudden stop.

I stood there for a second, until I realized that he was frozen. I gave a small "hn!" and looked over at Ember, who was also frozen. Now, panicking a little, I began to poke her. Nothing happened. "dammit!" I said, aloud, and poked her again.

"That wont help, my dear" I heard a voice say. I gave a small "eep!" and looked behind me. There stood the hooded figure from the beginning of the game. The one Sora saw in the "secret spot".

"I would not worry about your friend at the moment. She is safe.. well.. I guess that depends on what you consider safe.." he said, stepping closer. I gave a low growl, and I could tell that under that hood he was smirking. "Do not fear me, my love. I am only here to.. well, make a deal, if you will..

I scoffed. "And what kind of deal is that?!" I asked.

He was now close enough to me to touch me, and he did. His finger ran across my cheek. "Such anger. Such darkness. I strong hatred in you..."

I pulled away. "What the fuk are you talking about?!" More of a demand the a question. "You don't even know me!" He chuckled at my words.

"Eriset Knights. Knows as Eris to close friends. You have a love for anime and horror movies. Favorite colors is neon green. You spend most of your time on the computer, talking to the friend behind you, escaping to a little make-believe world of your own. You hate phone calls from you family members, especially your father. You never like going over to your father's house because he gets drunk and begins to yell, scream, and throw things. You own 3 dogs, 3 cats, and one snake. You did own a bird, but it caught a sickness and died in your hands... Am I missing anything?"

I stared at him. Most of those things were stuff I only told my closets friends, and the simple fact that he new them made my skin crawl. Creepy? So much.

He snickered, and grabbed my chin. "Scared? No need to be. You see, your thoughts are correct. You and your friend have been sucked into this world. Brought out of reality. And I am the only one that holds the secrets to getting you back.....or.. do you WANT to go back?!"

I looked down. He WAS right. All I have ever wished for was to live in a world like this.. so what am I to do?.. Go with the flow, and live out the life I have always wanted? Or fight against this man, and go back to the world that I hated. I looked up at him. "What will happen... if I stay?"

He laughed. "Everything you have always wanted!! All I need from you is one thing!!"

"....and that is?"

He didn't answer me, but only disappeared. Around me, I saw things begin to move again. I looked up to the creature, but it was thankfully still frozen. I looked over to Ember, who, like me, seemed to be thinking about something. There was a flash of black ahead of us, and we watched as the hooded figure showed up below the Heartless. With a flick of his wrist, the Heartless was gone inside a portal. He looked at us, and said "Remember.. what I said" and he also quickly went into the portal. I looked down, and thought to my self.

Either I fought against the darkness, and end up going back to the world I came from. Back to my alcoholic father and bitchy step-mother. But then again, what about my family. My real mother and my sister. Her children, husband. My other friends.
Well... My mother could live without me. She would probably have more fun without me there anyway. She could spend all her money at the casino like she normally does.

My sister.. well.. I could care less about her and her annoying kids and ass of a husband.

My friends.. hated me. I looked over at Ember. She had been the only one that had ever accepted me..

...but.... if I decided to go along with this. Along with what that man wanted... then what would happen? Would I get hurt? More over, would Ember get hurt?! What about our friendship? Would it be broken apart by the Lightness and Darkness?.... should I care?!

If we beat this.. we can do anything.. We can stay in this world.. be happy..be--

Suddenly, below us, the ground once again began to turn black. I felt Ember grab my hand, as we once again slipped into total darkness......
♠ ♠ ♠
----------
This one was longer, yes. The plot is STARTING TO SHOW, OMG! -_-