Away from the Sun

Darkness

"Eris?!"

My face was against something hard and cold.

"Eris?!?!"

..the floor probably..

"Eris, where are you?!?!"

But.. Didn't Ember have a carpeted floor?.. and why was she calling my name like that?...

My eyes shot open, only to see nothing. Darkness, Shadows. All the recent events ran through my mind, and I quickly got to my feet, listening for Ember's calling voice.

"Emmy?.." I called out, only to see a small figure far before me turn around. I smiled, seeing Ember looking back at me (well.. her new form). She smiled back, and started to run towards me, but, only to be stopped by a huge wall of green fire that shot up between the both of us. I could only see the outline of Ember's body, and I watched as she came to a sudden stop.

"Eris?!!!" she called, but before I could call back, I felt the cold soft tentacle like thing cover my mouth. Desperately, I tried to pull it off, but only to have my arms also constricted by the black shadow tentacles. I looked back at the wall of green fire, only to see another outline of someone else. Something else. It raised a monstrous hand, and quickly brought it down. The green fire before me seemed to glow brighter. Whatever was happening on the other side, I could not see.

Tears started to run down my cheeks, in fear that my only friend has been killed, and I could do nothing to save her. I pulled at the shadows around me, trying to do anything to get away.

"She is safe.. there is nothing to be worried about, my love"

I turned my head (or, at least as much as the shadows around me would let me) to see the hooded man. I growled, pulling at the shadows more now. I wasn't really in the mood to have to deal with some homicidal maniac. He walked over to me, and held my chin. Once he did, the shadows around me disappeared. My mouth, finally free, I took a few deep breaths.

"She will not be harmed, Miss. Eriset. She has been sent back to is island."

"So?! Why the fuk do you wanna talk to me for?! Send me there too!"

"Is that any way to talk to the person that holds your life in the palm of their hands?"

I scoffed... he was right. I'm sure he could kill be with a quick flick of his hand. I couldn't take the chance. I crossed my arms and glared at the ground.

He quickly grabbed my chin and pulled it up. "Do not waste such a pretty face on such harsh looks and tones." he said.

I pulled away and looked back down at the ground, blushing. I heard him snicker, and out the corner of my eye, I saw him hold up his hand.

"You can survive perfectly here as you can in your head. Be what you want. Have what you want. You want the power to fly? You have it. Fire at the palm of your head. You got it. All of this is yours, and all you have to do... is to submit.. to the darkness... and me...."

A chill ran up my spine as he said this..(evil pedophiles...) But.. what did he mean by this? Did I HAVE the 'magical' powers I have always dreamed of. Was I able to actually do the things I read in comic books, and saw watching Harry Potter.

I looked up at him in slight confusion. He just smiled and opened his palm wider, and a bright light washed over me. It was quick, and then I felt the intense heat of the summer sun on my face.

===================

I looked down at her.. she was still sleeping. Well.. sleeping or passed out. I couldn't tell. I pondered if I should wake her up, or let her keep sleeping. She looked so peaceful in her 'slumber'. I didn't really want to wake her, and have her see the fact that we are back where we started...This whole day has been one event after the other.

She began to stir, and slowly flick open her eyes. I crawled over to her, and held my head above hers. She looked up at me in confusion, and I gave her a sweet smile.

"Hey.. You ok, Emmy?" I asked. She nodded and grabbed her head as she sat up. She looked over at me, and by the look on her face, I could tell she was glad it was me, and not some odd strange hooded creature.

"Are we.. back on the island?" She asked, looking around. I nodded my head in approval, and stood up. She sighed and also stood. "So.. do you think there is anything we can do? You know, to get back home?!" she asked.

I stared at her. "...what?!" I asked, alarmed. "What do you mean 'get back home'?! Look where we are! Do you SEE a random portal with a green EXIT sign above it?! Besides, it's not like we can just ask around.. the only way to get out is to play along"

"Eris!" She shouted at me, "Do you even understand what this is going to do to us?! This is going to ruin everything, our friendship, our lives!! And let alone we are HUMAN-"

"Who says we're human?!?!" I asked, remembering what the Hooded Figure (Which im just gonna call Ansem now, cuz we all kno) had said, and feeling a bit insulted by her words. "Do YOU even understand what this will do FOR us?!" I asked, walking closer to her, and came to eye level. "Haven't you ever laid in your bed at night, and dreamt what it would feel like to spend five seconds in a world like this?! To have the power to do what we wanted, when we wanted? To actually live out all those little RPs we did over AIM?"

"So your just giving up on trying to get out?!" she asked.

I sighed. "Hate to break it to you, hun, but we are IN A VIDEO GAME. THERE IS NO WAY OUT"

"WE GOT IN!! We can get OUT!!"

"HOW?!?! Find a magical TV and HOPE it opens a wormhole to our piece of shit lives?! Don't you want to stay here, and see the things people only DREAM of seeing?!"

She glared at me with watery eyes. "I would rather keep my best friend then see a bunch of Disney crap!"

I shook my head and began to walk away from her. "Why don't we just spend our last few hours together exploring and having fun. You know how fighting makes me sick.. But we should stay hidden.. we don't want anyone to see us and ask questions...." She nodded to me and looked down. I could tell what she was thinking. I could say it word for word.

'already.. she's caving in..' The thought crossed my mind. How could she think something like that...?

I looked away from her and glared at the sandy ground... I wasn't week. I was before.. in the real world.. but not here. Not now..

I gazed up into the bright blue sky. This time.. in this world.. I would BE something....

===================

It was like being lost on a deserted island. White beaches, clear water, wonderful jungles and cliffs. It reminded me of the pictures of Hawaii my old 2nd grade teacher would bring in. It was the type of place where you could explore for hours, and never ever get tired of it.

But, with every day, night came. I smiled up into the sky. I knew Emmy had never seen so many stars. She lived in Las Vegas, a place where, if your lucky, you see a star of the very darkest of night. I, on the other hand, grew up in a small city in Washington, maybe a hour drive from Mountains and Rainforest. I knew what the night sky looked like.. but it never got old to stare at.

Here.. things were different though. Every star you looked at, you knew held another world. We were probably the only ones on this island that knew this, but that probably made it even more magical.

I felt a nudge on my shoulder, and looked over to Emmy. In her hand she held a small white feather. I took it and stared at it strangely.

"...What's this for?" I asked, twirling it in my fingers.

"It's...it's so you don't forget about us-"

"What?!.. I would never-"

"I know..." she interrupted, "Not like that.... I just.. If we get split up.. by the Light and Darkness.. I just want you to always have a little part of me...." She said, smiling into the starry sky. I also smiled and looked at the feather.

"It ain't even my birthday..." I said, trying to lighten the intense mood. I saw her give a small chuckle, and I laughed myself. We might as well spend our last minutes together enjoying them. I laid my head down on the cold sand behind me, and I watched as Emmy did also.

"....It's going to happen.. no matter what" I said, closing my eyes.

"What?.. What's going to happen?" she asked.

"All this.. splitting up.. Light and Darkness.. you know that right?" I looked over to her

"Yea.. I do.. but lets not ruin the night with that kind of talk.." she said. I nodded to her and looked back at the stars...

"I love you" she said.

I smiled and nodded. "I love you too"

"NaNight..." she said, yawning.

"..NaNight.."

===================

Someone had grabbed my arm, and screamed the words "COME ON!" into my ear. I opened my eyes and stood up, I saw that there were hundreds of the small heartless surrounding us. "We're still weapon less!" Emmy screamed, as she pulled me in no specific direction.

We reached the bridge and stopped, putting our hands to our knees, resting. I saw Ember look up to the small island, and I did also. I saw as two small figures were quickly covered and engulfed in shadows. I could tell who it was, and I knew it was time for me and Emmy to depart.

"Ember!" I said, making her look my way. A few strands of shadow crawled up my body, and Ember grabbed onto my hand.

"Listen to me!! I will always remember you, but next time we see each other, we will be enemies..."

She looked shocked at my statement, and tears rolled down her cheeks. "No! You have to remember.. You have to remember our friendship.. it's all we have..."

The shadows had reached my shoulders, and I could feel them pull me down. It took all my power to shake my head a talk.

"Not anymore..." I said, as the shadows covered my mouth, and I felt a cold rush of wind. I couldn't tell if my eyes were open or closed. All I saw.. was darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
-----------
Holy crap will this ever stop?