Away from the Sun

Wake Up!

"Mommy... Mommy, why are you crying?...Mommy?" the little girl said, as she pulled roughly at the older woman's blouse. The woman's cheeks were stained with tears and she was on the ground on her knees, face buried in her hands. The little girl pulled more on the blouse of her mother, and she was quickly pulled into a tight hug. The sudden change of emotion and tears made the little girls eyes water, and she also started to cry with her mother. She had no idea why her mother was so sad, or why she had been on her knees in the middle of the floor. But something was wrong.. mommy never cried....

"..Eris, please don't cry.." she said, wiping the tears from the small girl. She gave her daughter a weak smile, and put her hands on her shoulders, lightly rubbing them.

The little girl looked up at her mother in confusion. "But.. Mommy, why were you crying?! Is something wrong?.. I'm sorry Mommy! I didn't mean to, I promise!! I'm Sor--"

Her mother put a finger on her mouth to hush her, and shook her head. "No.. Please, Eris... Whatever you are thinking, know that this is not your fault.. you did nothing wrong..." More tears fell from her eyes, "It's not your fault....not your fault..." She pulled her daughter into another hug.

"But.. Mommy... what is it?... What's wrong? What's happening?!..." the little girl asked.

Her mother sniffed, and held her tighter... "Daddy's gonna be... gone for awhile..."

The girl pulled away. "Oh.. you mean like a vacation? Like Disneyland!?! Oh, Mommy, I wanna go back to Disn-"

"No! Eris!... No... Not like Disneyland.... Eris, honey......... Daddy's leaving.."


**********

It was cold.. too cold. Chills ran up my spine, and I quickly shot up, rubbing my head at the thought of the dream that had just passed through my head...

I remembered that day.. It was the day my Mom and Dad got divorced.. I was seven...

My hands went to my eyes, and I rubbed them, trying to make my sight less blurry. But, then again, rubbing wouldn't really make this view any better. Before me was -almost- complete darkness. Below me, I could see, was a type of pillar. A stone peak if you will. Around me, there was more of the peaks.. but they seemed to be... floating?? There were tons of them, some bigger, others smaller.. and there were all around me.. floating in mid air...

Quickly, I stood up, my legs feeling like jelly. I don't know how long I had been out, but it must have been long enough to make my legs fall asleep. Turning around, I gave a small gasp as I looked down at the body that seemed to be sleeping beside me. Was that....? yes.... That white hair.. The yellow vest... it was really him!! Riku!

I took a step back, but stopped as I remembered I was on a randomly floating rock. He started to stir, and so did the butterflies in my stomach. He was.. really in front of me. Living, breathing....LIVING!! Not some cosplay person, not some plushie that I had been keeping my eyes on for the past months. REAL.. Something inside me (the fangirl inside me) wanted to poke him, glomp him, and then possibly lick every inch of skin on his body.... but I didn't move.... Thank God..

I watched as his eyes opened, and he got to his knees. I didn't want to move. Any movement at all would make him focus his attention on me, and at the moment, I wish I was invisible.

But, as I guessed, his eyes suddenly fell on me. I stood there.. frozen, hoping that, for some reason, he could not see me. But he did. I could tell he did by the way he got up and stared at me.

I said nothing, and his stare slowly turned into a glare. (Oh, how that made the FanGirl in me scream in terror.. and yet drool in the vask sexy-ness of a mad Riku).

"..Who the hell are you?!" He asked, moving one of his feet, so that he was in a type of fighter stance. In my head, I laughed slightly at this. The fighter stances always reminded me of DragonBall Z.. made me laugh.. But I could tell the look on his face was serious.

"I asked who you were!!" He said again. I now realized that I had been staring at him for these past few seconds, and a blush creeped up onto my cheeks. I opened my mouth, and tried to stutter my name.. but stopped my self.. I looked down and started to think......I shouldn't tell him my real name. In fact, why should I?.. I wasn't really Eris anymore.. I didn't LOOK like Eris.. I didn't wanna BE like Eris.. so why should I keep the name? My Name was the last thing that tied me to my mortal self..... So why should I keep it?!

I quickly shook all thoughts from my head, and looked back up at him. "Lillith..." I said, slowly. It was the first thing that popped into my head.... It reminded me of a beautiful story I had read along time ago, but I can't seem to remember the story it self. All I do remember is that the main character was a beautiful young lady named Lillith.

"Where are we?" He asked, walking to the edge of the floating peak, and looking down. I merely shrugged, and kept my place.

"I.. don't know.." I said, hugging my shoulders. For once in my life I missed the warmth of that sun. This place seemed.. Cold.. Dark.. But, in a sense.. it was somehow relaxing. I watched as Riku walked back towards me, and felt as my stomach began to tighten. I felt like a little girl in the presence of her first crush. Embarrassing really.

"Riku.." He said, bluntly. I had to look at him twice to realize he was telling me his name.

'Ooo..that's right.... He doesn't know I know who he is...' I thought

I nodded slowly, and he walked back over to the other side of the peak. Part of me, missing his presence, slowly walked towards him... but I needed a reason. I just couldn't walk over and loom over him like some rabidly obsessed fangirl..

"Sooo.......H-" I paused. "How did you.. get here?.." I asked, trying to make awkward conversations.

He shrugged, and looked up at the higher peaks. "I...uh..... just fell asleep, and ended up waking here..." he said. Aww... Riku was a bad liar.. (my Fangirl side squeaked at this).

"Oh! Y-yea!.. Me too!" I said. Might as well catch him in his lie... it was kind of fun really. He looked at me in dis-belief, and I gave him the same look back.

"Now now now!! Should such anger be wasted here? I think I have a much better use for it.." said a sudden voice behind us. Both me and Riku spun around, only to meet the eyes of the evil witch her self...

Maleficent...
♠ ♠ ♠
------------------
I have cookies.