Away from the Sun

"Lets make a deal..."

I was surprised when my body felt a warm and soft surface beneath it. It didn't hurt at all, there was no impact, nor did it take my breath away. It felt almost as if I had been laying on this surface for awhile. I was expecting a hard ground, darkened surroundings, and perhaps random frightening whispers and heartless. But no.. wherever I was, it was bright and comfortable. Opening my eyes, I winced as I stared up into a lit up ceiling fixture. My arm quickly reacted to shield the light from my eyes, and I groaned just like I would when my mother would wake me up for school.

Sitting up on my knees, I looked around at my surroundings. I was in a room.. It was rather plain and dreary, but a room nonetheless. I was sitting upon a light-ish blue bed, and the bed sat upon a white full rug. Beside the bed was a small dresser, made for maybe two or three outfits, not counting undergarments and socks. On the dresser was a small table lamp, ones people would use to read books before bed, or lightly brighten the room. Across the room was a small vanity mirror. The mirror reminded me much of the mirror in Snow White as it was tall and had a beautiful framing. It sat above a small desk, which was lined with many sorts of make-up and lotions. A Victorian style chair stood in front of the desk, completing the vanity scenery.

The rest of the room was bare. No pictures on the wall, no wallpaper, just white plain walls. It was kind of depressing, really. It reminded me of a hospital room..

I got up from the bed. The room seemed to bore me, and I wanted to move on to somewhere else. As I stood up, I felt slightly dizzy. You know, the feeling you get when you get up way to quickly? Lightheaded.

The door knob was shockingly cold, and it gave me chills when I laid my hand on it. I turned it and opened it, listening to the creaking as I swung open the door. The hallway was dark.. too dark. The sudden change from the bright room into the dark hallway gave me the instant impression of blindness. I felt a tugging on my heart, and gulped. Damn my childish fear of darkness. I guess this is what I get from watching scary movies at night..

I walked into the hallway, and closed the door behind me. The light from the room vanished, and I was left in a dreadly dark place. My breath fell short, and I began to walk as fast as I can. My mind decided to play tricks with me in that hall, as it normally does in dark places. That feeling when someone, or something, is following you. It makes you walk faster and faster, until you are running. And no matter what, that thing chasing you is running just as fast. Even faster, until you can feel it's breath on your neck. The breath gives you those cold chills that make your hair stand on end. Basic Lygophobia. Fear of the dark.

I was so thankfully when I saw a light at the end of the hallway. I walked even faster until I reached the end of the hallway, and took in the sight in front of me. The room was large and circular. It seemed to glow with a type of purple-ish green-ish tint. In the middle of the room was an oval table. At one point of the oval was a large chair with spikes on top. Around the rest of the table were many smaller, but still rather large black chairs. There seemed to be a figure in the large chair on the end, so I stared to walk forward.

Soon I realized that two people were seated at the oval table. As I walked closer, I was able to make out who they where. It was Maleficent and Riku..

I pondered for a split second why they were here when I was not, but Malli's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"I see you are awake, my dear" she said, gesturing to the seat beside Riku. I nodded in confusion and sat. Awake? What does she mean by that? I never did sleep.. unless.. somehow, when i went through the portal--

"Me and young Riku here were just discussing the problem with your little friends" She raised her hand, and an orb appeared in the middle of the table. It glowed for a mere second before I saw two figures appear in the orb. It was Emmy!! And she was with Sora! I noticed as Riku shifted a bit at the look of Sora with a new friend, and I as well had to say I felt the same way. She was with him, smiling about something. Already she was friends with him.. and already she was smiling as if nothing had happened.

I had to look away. I don't know if it was shame or jealousy that was attacking my heart, but I couldn't stand to see her so happy without me. She didn't even know where I was, if I was ok.. She had moved on already...

"I can see you are both sharing the same thoughts" I heard Malli say. I didn't look up. I had taken a liking to an invisible spot on the wall, and wanted to keep my stare on it, and only it.

"How sad..." she said, a bit of a chuckle in her voice. "Already, look at them. As if nothing has happened. As if their friends haven't just been eaten by darkness. Ruthless animals, aren't they?" I growled a bit, and looked at her. She smirked at my sudden growl, and made the orb disappear. She sat up from her seat, and grabbed the long staff. Looking down to me and Riku, she gave us that grin again. "I have a job for you.. a job that, if you do this for me, I can help you get what you want."

We asked what these things were, but she refused to talk to both of us at the same time. She took Riku across the room first. I tried to concentrate and listen in on the conversation, but only heard something about seven princesses. Of course, having played the game, I knew what she was talking about, but might as well act as if I heard nothing. They came back, and Riku looked a little worried and anxious about his job. I don't blame him really.. I would be more understanding if it wasn't to save that raving b1tch, Kairi.

Riku sat back down, and Malli looked at me. I nodded and stood up, and walked to the other side of the room with her.

She ran her finger down by cheek. "I understand your pain, my dear Lillith" I looked at her like she was fucking crazy. She just smiled. "Loosing a friend to gain what you want.. sacrificing to the darkness.. having to betray someone you lov--"

"Who said I was betraying anyone?!" I asked, annoyed. I didn't agree to anything yet. she just smiled

"You want this.. I know you want this. So many nights you have stayed up, wishing to have powers such as me." She raised one hand, and I saw a small heartless appear in her hand. "I am right, Lillith. Or.. Eriset Knights. What you want? You want power.. power over the people around you. Over the people who think little of you. Over those who once said you were nothing.."

I looked up at her. "... yea.. so? What do YOU want... that's the main question here.." I asked. She smiled down at me.

"I can give you this and everything more, my dear Lillith.. If you agree to one thing...." She said.

"...and that is?" I asked.

She raised her hand again to reveal the orb. On it appeared a image of Sora...

"The KeyBearer..." she said.".....Kill Him"

My eyes went wide, and I looked down. But something came over me, and I quickly looked up, and caught her gaze with a determined glare.

"...Fine."