Away from the Sun

I'm Sorry

The queen didn't need much, she just shooed me away when I asked. I didn't want to bother her any more, so did as she said and 'shooed'. The night was pretty boring, so I decided I would just explore the ballroom, see if I run into any cool villains.

The Ballroom was actually, when your eyes adjust to the darkness, very very beautiful. It reminded me a lot of the Ballroom in Beauty and the Beast when the Heartless took control over it. Dark, almost purple, and large stained-glass doors leading outside. I smiled at them, and decided that some fresh air was a good idea, and walked to them. They must have not been opened in along time, because as I turned the large hand designed handles, I heard the paint slightly crack. I didn't pay much mind to it, and stepped outside into the brisk cold air.

I smiled at the air it my face. It felt so good to be outside again. Noticing I was on a large balcony, I stepped forward to the edge and peered over. It was night out, but I could still tell that I was at least twenty stories off the ground. A twisted feeling came into my stomach, and I smiled. I might be afraid of a lot of things, but I loved heights. Back home I would always go to the top of the Space Needle, and peer down, smiling at the tiny people down at the bottom. Great Fun.

I stepped away from the very ledge of the balcony, and looked out at the vast rocky landscape before me. It took me a second before I realized that I was in Hollow Bastion. Duh.. I thought to my self, smiling a bit. It's those deadly obvious things that make you smile when you learn them. The type of thing that when you hear, all you say is a small "oh yea..." or "Oh... I knew that.."

The night was beautiful though. Even though I was pretty much a captive in a freaky castle, it didn't take the beauty away from the sky. Then again, I wasn't really captive. I felt almost happy here. I had the normal things like a room and food. But I also had power and beauty. Not to mention I'm sharing a 'house' with Riku. This place wasn't all that bad, and I couldn't get this smile off my face.

But then it hit me. I was so happy and carefree when, in a few days, I am supposed to be killing my Best Friend's 'boyfriend'. I gave a sigh, and the smile quickly disappeared from my face. What was I doing here?.. I shouldn't be here.. I'm getting myself into a lot of deep shit. Emmy was off somewhere, fighting to the death with Heartless, and here I was on a random balcony smiling my ass off.

I ran my hand across the balcony's rail, and gave a week smile. Emmy loved balconies... she would plan special trips just to stand upon one. She would live on one if she could. I missed her, I really did, but I needed to forget about my previous life. This was my life now. Not then. Now. I closed my eyes, trying to stray from the thoughts, and I felt a small tear fall on my hand. I didn't think much of the tear until I heard someone speaking behind me.

"... Lillith?"

It took me a second before I realized that, whoever it was, was calling the name I made up. I had grown used to being called Eris, so I wasn't use to the name Lillith..

The person called again. "..Lillith..?" I decided to turn around, and my eyes once again met the icy blue eyes of Riku. He looked.. sad about something. He walked onto the balcony, and closed the door behind him. I looked ahead of me, not wanting to really face him after running off like that. He walked next to me and also set his hands on the balcony rail.

"... I said something, didn't I?" He asked. I looked at him confused, but his gaze was still in front of him. "I know I did. You left with that fake smile on your face."

I knew he was talking about. I wasn't going to tell him the whole truth, so I just shrugged. "Don't worry about it," I said, "I've known you for what... 2 days? How am I supposed to suspect that you care for m-"

"Then why were you crying?"

The question took my by surprised, and I remembered that I had been crying when thinking of Emmy. He must've mistaken those tears for ones he might have caused. I just put on a small smile, and shook my head. "N-no.. These are from something el-"

I felt a warm hand on my cheek, and a thumb wipe away the small trail of tears away from my cheek. I looked up into his eyes, and a huge blush couldn't help but creep onto my cheeks. My body was stiff. I didn't know if I should move away or closer. I guess this is what they mean when "time stands still", 'cause I sure the hell couldn't move.

"Don't lie to me" He said, "Tell me what I sai-"

"You didn't do anythin-"

"Look!" He said, taking his hand away harshly, causing me to tightly close my eyes. I wasn't afraid of him hitting me or anything, Riku wouldn't do that, it just scared me is all. "I'm trying to say I'm sorry here, the least you can do it tell me what I did!"

"Now children.." the voice scared us both, and we slightly jumped and looked up into the eyes of Maleficent. She grinned. "Come inside," she said, "I have your first Mission." She opened the door, and directed us in. Riku walked past her, and stepped inside. I felt kinda guilty for making him feel bad, but decided I would deal with it later.

I walked to Malli, and looked up at her. "Where to?" I asked, questioning where our first mission would be. She smirked, and bent down to my level.

"Just a small place called Wonderland"
♠ ♠ ♠
----------------------
Im Itchy