Courage to Continue

Chapter 28

Mikey’s P.O.V:
I sat down on the couch and waited for Gerard to arrive back home. I wasn’t looking forward to it. He would be heart broken and full of self hatred. I only hope he can handle feeling like that without alcohol to ease the pain. That was unlikely. Well…He has to now. I already disposed of his poison earlier, along with his dirty magazines. I heard the front door open and braced myself for Gerard to come to me in tears and probably anger too. However, my negative thoughts were soon silenced when I saw a beaming Gerard running towards me. He jumped on top of me and hugged me tight. “Mikey!” he screeched happily. “She took me back Mikey!” He got off and kneeled in front of me on the floor, smiling happily.
“Wow! That’s great Gee!” I replied, slightly shocked. “Why?”
“She said she’ll eventually forget about all this. I love her so much…I think she could see that” he said, still smiling. Honestly, I couldn’t believe his words. Why would Minty take him back after all he’s done? He’s broken her heart so many times. It must be a true love between those two…
“You’re so lucky Gee” I said.
“I know” he replied. “She truly is something.” There was a moments silence between us. “I’m gonna go get a shower, kay?”
“Go for it!” I replied. He got up and headed to the shower.

Gerard’s P.O.V:

After a good long shower I got dressed and dialled Minty’s phone number. “Hello?” Minty answered.
“Hi Minty!” I said happily.
“Gerard? You only just saw me half an hour ago!” she said, giggling slightly.
“I know. I wanted to hear your voice again” I replied. She laughed.
“Aww. That’s so sweet of you!” she said, giggling again. Once her laughter ceased, there was a long silence.
“Well talk to me” I said sweetly. “How can I hear you if you don’t say anything?” Minty immediately began talking. As she was telling me how much she loved cupcakes and what her favourite flavours were, I listened to her sweet voice. I wasn’t paying much attention to what she was saying, just the fact that she was talking to me. I began to relax a little too much whilst listening to her lovely voice, my eyelids drooping.

Mikey’s P.O.V:

I walked into my room to find Gerard fast asleep on his bed with the phone to one ear. I thought he was drawing or something. Who was he talking to? I pried the phone from his hand and placed it to my ear, expecting to hear the beeping sound after someone hangs up. I jumped a little in shock as I heard Minty yell. “Gerard!? Are you okay!?” She sounded worried and as if she were about to cry.
“Whoa! Calm down Minty! He’s fine!” I said. “He fell asleep. You must’ve bored him.” I laughed, knowing that could never be the case.
“Oh…he just wasn’t talking to me” she said. “I thought something happened to him! I was telling him about cupcakes so I must’ve bored him!” She laughed.
“I was joking. You’d never bore Gerard! He adores you and listens to your every word! Well, most of the time. Why did he call you?” I asked, curious.
“He said he wanted to hear my voice.” Aww! That’s so cute! I looked over to his sleeping form.
“Do you want me to wake him up for you?” I asked, hoping she’d say yes.
“Nah, that’s okay. Just tell him I love him when he wakes, okay?” she asked. Damn. I was looking forward to jumping on him!
“Yeah, okay. Cya!” I replied.
“Bye Mikey” she said before hanging up. I stood and debated whether I should jump on him or not, deciding that I would.

Gerard’s P.O.V:

I awoke in a fright after feeling something heavy land on top of me. I then heard Mikey laughing. I sat up and playfully punched him in the side. “Ouch!” he yelled. He deserved it for waking me. Oh crap! I fell asleep whilst listening to Minty!
“How long have I been asleep for?” I asked.
“I dunno” Mikey replied, shrugging. “I got here about five minutes ago.”
“Oh” I said whilst searching for the phone. I couldn’t find it anywhere! “Help me look for the damn phone. I was talking to Minty.”
“I know. I let her know you’re alright and that you didn’t die or anything.” He showed me the phone in his hands. “Oh, and she told me to tell you she loves you.” I smiled to myself.
“That’s good. Thanks Mikey” I said. She still loves me…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Sorry it takes me ages to update all the time! I really am so sorry!