Courage to Continue

Chapter 31

Mikey’s P.O.V:

“What’s wrong with you!? Get out!” We could all hear Gerard yelling at poor Minty. I sighed, waiting for Minty to come storming back into the room any second.
“No Gerard!” Minty yelled. Oh shit, she’s yelling back! Is that such a good idea? The next sound heard made us all wince. Did he just hit her!?
“Oh shit…I’m so sorry Minty! I didn’t mean to! I swear! I don’t know what came over me!” It’s too late for apologies now Gee…
“You hit me’ Minty said. All us guys exchanged concerned glances. “I hate you Gerard.” Oh shit. She really means it this time. Her voice was pained and full of hatred. I heard her footsteps as she ran from him, slamming the front door closed behind her. Us guys were all stiff with disbelief. We hadn’t moved a muscle and our eyes were wide with shock and fear. Slowly, the situation sunk in, becoming more real.

Gerard’s P.O.V:

Fuck! What have I done!? Why did I do it!? I’ve never hit anyone so hard in my life! I’m such an idiot! Fuck, the blood pouring from her nose and cheek…as a result of my actions! I began to stress, my breaths becoming sharp and short. I cried and whimpered softly. I was ashamed of myself. I went to cover my face with my hands, stopping when I noticed they were covered with Minty’s blood. “Aww god!” I cried out, my voice croaky and weak. Unable to stand the sight of Minty’s blood coating my hands any longer, I went to the bathroom and washed it off. The sight of fresh blood running down the sink was enough to send me over the edge. I quickly kneeled over the toilet, immediately chucking up my guts.

Mikey’s P.O.V:

After a few minutes of uncomfortable silence, Frank spoke. “I think I’ll go home.” He walked out the door, soon followed by Ray and Bob. Now what do I do!? After ten minutes or so had passed, I had built up enough courage to enter my room. Gerard was sitting on his bed rocking back and forth, staring at the floor. He looked disturbed. Fuck him. It’s what he deserves. There’s no way I’m comforting him again. Not this time. He had no reason nor excuse to do that. I changed into my pyjamas and went straight to bed. There’s little chance I’d be able to sleep anytime soon, but at least I wouldn’t have to face Gerard. After about half an hour, I finally began to feel sleepy.

Gerard’s P.O.V:

I heard Mikey snoring softly from his bed. Was I the only one unable to sleep!? God, I feel awful. I bet Minty feels worse though. And it’s all my fault! I got changed for bed and climbed in, turning off the light beside me. I tossed and turned, still unable to sleep. I kept thinking of poor Minty! Finally, I gave up attempting to sleep and turned the bedside lamp on. I searched through the draws in my bedside table and found my sketchbook and pencils. I sat up and began to draw. I drew Minty, crying her eyes out. I’d imagine that’s what she’s be doing now. I then drew her heart being stitched back into her chest, battered and bruised. The way I always left it. What was wrong with me!? Why couldn’t I just be a good boyfriend!? I love her so much and try my best to get her to love me back equally, but keep failing. I keep screwing up. Why!? I wish I could erase it all and start fresh with Minty. I’d listen to her every word. It’s too late now though. She won’t take me back this time, I can feel it. Hell, I wouldn’t take me back. I started to cry again. Silent sobs escaped my lips and echoed softly through the room. She deserves much better than me anyway…

Minty’s P.O.V:

I ran all the way home, entering as quietly as possible. I hurried to the bathroom to see the damage. The entire left side of my face was swollen and aching and my nose was red and bloody. Blood was everywhere and tears were still streaming down my face. After cleaning all the blood away, I saw that I had a large red graze on my cheek. There’s no way I’d be able to hide it fro my family. It was still bleeding a little as I put anti septic cream on it, sooting the pain slightly, but not enough. The largest pain, however, was in my mind. Gerard did this. I hadn’t stopped crying since then. It was still slowly sinking into my head. I never thought Gerard would be capable of hitting me. Unfortunately, I was wrong. He didn’t hit me softly either. He slapped me so hard, harder then I thought he ever possibly could. He had no right to. I left the bathroom and snuck to my own room, closing the door. I quickly got changed and turned the light off, climbing into bed. I buried my face into my pillow and cried again. Shit, I have English first lesson Monday. Maybe I can fake sick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Thanks for reading still! Comments = much love! =D