Courage to Continue

Chapter 5:

Minty’s P.O.V:

After tea, we all went up to Gerard’s and Mikey’s room. I sat down next to Gerard on his bed. “Hey, what’s up? You haven’t talked to me since I first got here, and that was three hours ago.” Frank came and sat on the other side of Gerard.
“I was…uh…busy” he replied, looking away from me.
“Oh, okay then.” There was a long silence and then my phone rang. “Excuse me” I said as I got up and walked out the room. I got my phone out my pocket and answered it. “Hello?”
“Hi Minty. I’m sorry about before.” it was Emily.
“Okay…” Emily is never sorry. “What do you want?”
“Did you end up going to Jarald’s band practice?” she asked.
“It’s Gerard! And yes. I’m still at his house. Why does it matter?” There was a long silence on the other end. “Hello?”
“I can’t believe you Minty! You don’t even know these creeps and you’re at their house after dark!” she yelled.
“I know them enough to know that they aren’t creeps!” Emily really frustrates me sometimes. “Goodbye!” I hung up on her and walked back into the room. I sat back down next to Gerard.
“Who was that?” Frank asked.
“Emily” I replied.
“She must have said something pretty bad because we could hear you yelling about it” he said.
“She called you guys creeps” I said. “But you’re not.” I looked into Gerard’s eyes and he stared back at me. Frank suddenly nudged Gerard hard in the side.
“Ouch Frank! What was that for!?” Frank raised his eyebrows at him.
“You know Gerard” he said before getting up and walking off to sit with Mikey, Bob and Ray. He whispered something to them and they all looked at Gerard and I with excited expressions on their faces.
“Um, Minetta?” Gerard said. “I was wondering…” He looked at his feet.
“Yes Gerard?” I asked.
“Um…do you want to…stay here tonight?” he stuttered. “It’s too dark for you to go home now.” Frank sighed out loud.
“Gee!” Frank yelled.
“Frank!” Gerard yelled back. “Leave it alone!” Gerard’s face went red.
“Fine! You’re such a wuss Gee!” Why would Gerard be a wuss?
“Whatever.” He sighed. “I’m sorry about that Minetta.”
“That’s okay” I replied.
“You probably think that we’re all weird now.” He laughed lightly.
“No. I actually like you guys. Especially you.” Oh fuck! Did I just say that!?
“Really?” he asked me. “You like me?”
“Yeah. You’re really…um…cool!” I answered. Gerard was still blushing.
“You are too” he said.

The boys and I talked for hours until unfortunately, Frank, Ray and Bob had to go home. I was planning to stay the night like Gerard had suggested. “Ok guys. It’s one o’clock in the morning and we have school tomorrow. I’m going to bed” Mikey said.
“We probably should too” Gerard admitted.
“Yeah but, I don’t have anything to sleep in or anywhere to sleep.” I only just remembered that I was still in my school dress.
“You can sleep in my bed and I have some clothes that should fit you.” He got up and walked over to his wardrobe, pulling out a black t-shirt and a pair of shorts. “Here. You can put them on in the bathroom.” He pointed to a door.
“Thanks” I said. I put his clothes on in the bathroom and came out. “Are you sure it’s okay for me to sleep in your bed?”
“Yeah. Why wouldn’t it be?” he said as he climbed underneath the covers.
“Wait a minute. You want me to sleep next to you in your bed?” I asked. “I only got to know you today.” I was feeling self conscious because his clothes were very baggy and revealing on me.
“Oh…uh…I won’t try anything funny, I promise.” He looked at me sincerely. I can trust him. Besides, who wouldn’t want to sleep next to Gerard!
“Okay.” I walked over and crawled into bed beside him, keeping as far away as possible.
“Goodnight everyone” Gerard said.
“Goodnight” Mikey replied.
“Night” I said. Gerard turned off the light and soon after, I fell asleep.