Courage to Continue

Chapter 8:

Minty’s P.O.V:

What!? If Gerard isn’t afraid of the dark then what the hell was he talking about!? I sat through the rest of lesson wondering what he was talking about but too embarrassed to ask. As soon as the bell went for recess break, I grabbed Gerard softly by the arm and lead him to my locker. “I want to talk to you Gerard. I feel like such an idiot!” I explained.
“Oh, um, okay. Meet me outside. I’m gonna go put my books away” he said before walking off. I put my own books away and headed outside. A few minutes later, I spotted Gerard. We sat down on the grass underneath a tree on the side of the school oval. “So…hi” he said.
“Hi. I’ve been thinking.” I built up all my courage. “If you’re not afraid of the dark, then why did Frank call you a wuss?” I asked. Gerard took a deep breath.

Gerard’s P.O.V:

I let out a long sigh. “Minty, this is probably going to sound lame and stupid and I’ll understand if you don’t wanna hang around me and the guys anymore” I explained. My cheeks were on fire. Surely, she must know?
“Nothing you say could possibly be that stupid or lame Gee” she said. Okay, here goes nothing.
“Minty. I have a crush on you” I blurted out. She’s gonna break my heart, I know it. Someone as cool and as beautiful as her couldn’t possibly like me. I held my breath as I waited for her to say something, almost passing out.
“Really? That’s weird because…I have a crush on you too.” She looked into my eyes. She actually meant it. Holy shit! My heart began to race.
“Minty. Will you go out with me? As my girlfriend?” I asked hopefully. She had to say yes. If she didn’t…I don’t know what I’d do.
“Gerard. Of course I will!” She leant over and hugged me. A tingling sensation ran through my body, making me melt inside. As she pulled back away from me, I leant forward and kissed her lightly on the lips, almost missing them. That’s the bravest move that I’ve ever had to make in my life. Thankfully, Minty didn’t freak out and pull away. Instead, she placed her hands softly behind my neck. I was so embarrassed! I’d never kissed anyone in my life! Was I doing it right? A few seconds later, I pulled away from her, her hands still behind my neck. We sat staring into each others eyes until Minty broke the silence.
“Gee. Your face is so red!” She laughed lightly. I completely forgot about my burning cheeks.
“So is yours” I pointed out. She smiled, blushing even more. She looked even hotter when she blushed, if that was possible.
“We should probably head to class. Break’s almost over” she said. Reluctantly, I got up and walked back into the school.

A/N: Sorry that my chapters are so short...and that they don't have titles! And I'm sorry again for being so slow with updates! =( Thanks for reading anyway...and for commenting! =)