Courage to Continue

Chapter 9:

Minty’s P.O.V:

When I got to chemistry class, I sat next to Ray again. “Minty! Hi!” he greeted me.
“Hey” I said, taking a seat.
“Um…do you know where Gerard was? We couldn’t find him and I think that he just had English with you” Ray said.
“Yep.” I smiled knowingly.
“And…where was he?” Ray asked.
“With me” I replied. Should I tell him?
“What! Really!? Gee talked to you again!?” He sounded amazed.
“He sure did. And…” I trailed off.
“And what?” he asked, raising one eyebrow.
“He asked me to be his girlfriend!” I said excitedly. Oops, maybe I was a little too excited. Emily turned around and rolled her eyes at me.
“Did you say yes!?” Ray asked, just as excited as I was.
“Of course I did! I’ve had a crush on him for ages!” I was definitely too excited when I said that. Half the class turned around and looked at me, including the teacher. Shit.
“Minetta, would you like to share anything with us?” Mr Wellings asked. No, not really. What a stupid question.
“Yes she would!” Emily blurted out. “She’s going out with that creep, Gerard!” Half the people in the class cracked up in laughter. The other half had no idea who Gerard was.
“The classroom is no place for discussions like that. Minetta, get on with your work.” How come Emily didn’t get in trouble? That sucks!
“Sorry sir” I mumbled.

Gerard’s P.O.V:

Finally! End of school! The whole class got up and ran to the door of the music room. As usual, I was pushed and squished and ended up being the last one out the class. Minty and I were planning to meet up after school. “Wait! Gerard Way!” called the teacher just as I reached the door.
“What?” I asked.
“I’ve heard from a few students that you’re in a band with a few other boys from this school. Is that true?” he asked.
“Yeah, why?” I replied.
“I was wondering if you wanted your band to play at lunch tomorrow in the cafeteria. It would help you become noticed, if you’re interested?” Oh my god! This is exactly what we need! We might be able to gain some more fans, other than just our parents and friends.
“Yeah, sure. We’d be glad to play!” I replied.
“Good. I’ll spread the word around then. Cya!” I walked out the class feeling really happy. I hurried to my locker where Minty and the guys were waiting for me.
“What took you so long Gee!?” Frank yelled as he saw me.
“We have to practice tonight guys. We’re playing here tomorrow!” I replied.
“Holy shit! That’s so cool!” Bob said.
“You can come and watch us again Minty. If you want to, you don’t have to” I said.
“Of course I do! You guys are great!” she replied. She ran up and hugged me, kissing me on the cheek. “I’m so happy for you!”
“Ooh!” the guys all said together.
“So, Gee. Are you two…together yet?” Frank asked, raising an eyebrow. I nodded happily. I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder as we began to leave. I felt Minty’s hand in mine as we got out the school and headed to my house. My cheeks always heat up when she touches me, even sometimes when she just talks to me.

Mikey’s P.O.V:

All through band practice, Gerard was staring into Minty’s eyes, and she was staring back at his. I’m so happy for Gee. Minty is so nice and really pretty. She’s the only one that could possibly deserve him. When we had finished practice, we had tea and then said goodbye to Frank, Bob and Ray. Gee, Minty and I then headed up to the bedroom and I got changed in the bathroom. “I don’t know about you guys but I’m gonna go to bed. We have a big day tomorrow Gee” I said. “Goodnight.” I crawled underneath the sheets of my bed.
“Goodnight” Gerard and Minty said together. I heard them talking softly until I eventually fell asleep.

Gerard’s P.O.V:

I looked over at the clock on the wall. “Shit! It’s two in the morning! We’ve been talking for hours!” I whispered, not wanting to wake Mikey.
“It is to…can I have some pyjamas or something?” she asked. I got up and found her the same clothes she wore last time she was here.
“Here you go” I said, handing them to her.
“Thanks” she replied. She walked into the bathroom and quickly got changed as I too got changed into my pyjamas. When she walked out of the bathroom, I was still getting changed. She stared at my bare chest for a moment before quickly turning her head away. Once again, we were both blushing. I fumbled with my pyjama top and quickly slid it on before sliding into bed. Minty soon followed. “Goodnight Gerard” she whispered.
“Night babe” I whispered back.
“Hey Gee?” she asked.
“Yeah?” I replied.
“You have a nice chest. Don’t be embarrassed of it” she said shyly.
“Don’t be afraid to look. You have my permission” I replied. I never considered my chest to be nice before. But it’s great to know that someone thinks so. Minty rolled over so that she was facing me. I could feel her warm breath against my cheek. Slowly, I placed my hand on her waist. She didn’t seem to be bothered by it so I moved it to her back, bringing myself closer to her. She placed one of her hands on my shoulder and soon after, I fell into a deep sleep.