What a Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy

Try

The next day I didn't go to school. I stayed home.

The day after that, Brendon came to my house in the morning and made me get up for school.

"It'll be fine," Brendon said, going through my closet and pulling out some clothes and throwing them at me.

"It won't be," I said.

"Whatever," said Brendon as I picked up the clothes that had been thrown at me. "Now get changed."

Brendon left my room and I got dressed slowly. I really didn't want to go to school.

"Are you almost done?" Brendon asked throught my closed door. I slipped my shirt on and opened my bedroom door.

"Yes," I said.

"Good," said Brendon. "Let's go."

I followed Brendon downstairs and towards the front door. I slipped on a pair of shoes before following him outside. Brendon reached his car before me.

"Come on," said Brendon. "We're going to be late."

I glared at him and he just got into his car without saying anything. As soon as I got into the car, Brendon started backing out of my driveway.

"Fucking Christ, Bren," I said. "Let me get my door closed first next time."

Brendon glanced at me.

"Sorry," he said. I didn't say anything for the rest of the ride and as soon as he was parked I was getting out of the car.

"Hold on a second," he said.

"What?" I snapped. "First you're in a big fucking rush and now you want me to wait?"

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for forcing you to come to school today," he said.

"That doesn't help anything," I said. "I don't want to be here."

"I know," he said.

"No, you don't know," I said. "Everyone knows that my "boyfriend", well ex, only used me for sex and that I knew he was using me. And worse yet, Ryan hates me. I don't want to see him."

"You're right," Brendon said. "I wasn't thinking. But I don't want him to think he's won. Do this for yourself. Show him that he has no effect on you."

"I don't think I can do that," I said.

"Just try," Brendon said. "Please?"

I nodded my head.

"Fine," I said. I got out of the car. I'd try, but I don't know how long I'd be able to last.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??
~Sally
Oh, and I want to thank everyone who's commented. Normally I try to message people who comment me, but I haven't been doing that. But just know that I really appreciate the comments. :]