What a Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy

Lies

After a moment, there was a knock outside the bathroom.

"Jenny!" It was Brendon. I groaned as Ryan pulled away. "Can we please just talk?"

Ryan sighed.

"I guess it's back to pretending," he said quietly. I nodded my head and forced myself to start crying. Ryan wiped away one of the false tears and leaned forward, kissing me softly one more time. "Break a leg."

I smiled at him before rushing to the bathroom door. I flung it open and flew into Brendon, wrapping my arms around him. I buried my face in his chest and sobbed.

"What's wrong Jenny?" he asked, sounding surprised. I heard the bathroom door open behind me. I smirked slightly to myself as I continued crying. "What did you do to her Ryan?"

"I don't know what you're talking about Brendon," said Ryan smoothly.

"Don't fuck with me Ross," Brendon spat. Brendon started to lead me down the hallway. "Stay away from Jenny."

I heard Ryan laugh.

"It's not up to you to decide who she hangs out with," Ryan called after us as Brendon walked away from him. I lifted my face so I could walk easier. Brendon kept an arm around me to guide me out the front doors of the school. We started towards Brendon's car.

"I'm sorry," Brendon said. "I should have listened to you when you said it was a bad idea for you to come to school."

"It's not your fault," I whispered. "You were only doing what you thought was right. I should apologize for being a bitch."

"How bout we're both sorry for what we did?" Brendon asked, opening the passenger door for me. I wiped off my face as I got into the car.

"That sounds good," I said, smiling up at him before he closed my door. Brendon walked around and got into the drivers seat.

"Can I ask what Ryan did to you in the bathroom?" Brendon asked. I looked away and frowned.

"I'd rather not talk about it," I said.

"Ok," said Brendon. It was silent for a few minutes as Brendon started up the car and headed out of the parking lot. "So where do you want to go?"

"I think I'll just go home," I said. "I'm really tired."

"Ok," said Brendon. We drove in silence to my house. Brendon didn't talk again till we were in my driveway. "Any chance I can see you this weekend?"

I shook my head.

"That would be fun," I said. "But I'm kinda busy. I have some family stuff this weekend."

Brendon nodded.

"See you on Monday, then?" he asked. I smiled at him.

"Yeah," I said. I got out of Brendon's car and waved to him as he backed out of my driveway. I smiled when he was gone, looking forward to the weekend I wouldn't be spending with family. I'd be spending it with Ryan.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this will end up being my longest story ever :] Normally my stories are only around 20 chapters. But I don't see this ending very soon.
If anyone was confused by the last chapter, Jenny's basically lying to Brendon. She hasn't told the real secret she's keeping. The funny thing is, I never even planned that twist lol XD
Comments??
~Sally