What a Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy

Relief and Guilt

Ryan was able to easily fall asleep. But I wasn't. I sighed and got out of bed carefully and went downstairs. I wandered around the house for a few minutes before deciding to take a drive. As I got closer to my car, I saw another car parked across the street that I recognized. And it wasn't one of the neighbors cars. I stared at it for a moment before closing the distance between me and my car. I got into my car and backed out of the driveway. As I drove down the street, the car that had been parked on the street, turned it's headlights on and began following me.

I kept glancing at my rearview mirror. I don't know why he was following me. After 10 minutes, I pulled into the parking lot of a nearby park. I stayed in my car and watched the other car park a few parking spaces away from mine. I turned my car off, and got out. The other car turned off. I walked over to the other car and got into the passenger seat.

"Why are you following me Brendon?" I asked. He stared at me for a moment.

"I had to see if you were really at Ryan's," he said. "Why are you still with him after what he did to you?"

I could have smiled. He still believed what I had told him. I don't know why I was so worried.

I looked down at my hands.

"I told you," I said. "I love Ryan."

"He's only going to hurt you again," Brendon said.

"I know," I said. "But in some odd way, it's almost worth it."

I heard Brendon sigh. I looked up at him. He was looking the other way, glaring out the window of his car door.

"Brendon," I said. He shook his head. I reached out and touched his arm gently. "Hey."

He looked at me.

"Let me make my own mistakes," I said. "I love Ryan so much, I can't just give up these oppurtunities to be with him."

Brendon shook his head again.

"If that's what you want," Brendon said. "Go back to Ryan."

"Thank you," I whispered. I opened the door of Brendon's car to go back to my own.

"Jenny?" Brendon said. I turned to look at him.

"What?" I asked. Brendon looked at the steering wheel.

"Nothing," he said. I got out of Brendon's car and went back to mine. I felt some relief knowing Brendon didn't know the truth. But I also felt guilty for having to lie to him like that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Quick little update :]
Comments are very appreciated :]]
~Sally