Escape from Abuse

Under Again

Sand Man is a tall, handsome youth of about twenty-two. He has long black hair that makes him absolutely goth-georgious. His white pale face and dark eyes sped through emotions upon seeing my face. Shock. Fear. Revolution. Hurt. Compassion. Hurt. Pity. Determination. And if I'm not mistaken Love. Haha, I hope I'm not mistaken

"Hey, come here you." he says in a compassionate voice, yet it had a steely edge somewhere in there. And then he pulls me into a tight embrace. God, I love this guy...not quite like a brother, more like a I don't know a crush. Wow, that sounded so elementary school. But than like I said earlier, I cannot trust anyone. Eventually my problems will overwhelm him and he'll gradually loose contact with us...just like the rest of them.

"John (that's my brother if you didn't guess), what heppened to her? Dude, what the hell was your dad on? She's a mess and...I think her arm's broken." he was talking fast and had now put a hand on the small of my back, wheeling me into the house.

"The bastard, he threw an empty beer bottle at her and to shattered, knocked her down, and I found about twenty more empty on the floor. I was picking 'em up and he gave me this." he points to his black eye. 'I wish he would just like drop dead."

"You can stay here if he does." says Sand.

"Yeah...but I think we'd go on the run." he mutters as if he was glad Sand was helping but not that I was so close to him. Ah, he'd had better stop.

"We'll lets see what we can do," he says abruptly after seeing my face, "ummm...lets take her to the hospital after we clean her up.

Now I am lying on the couch. Which is like super stiff and crap a piece of crap. They were fixing my head in silence, but I could tell by the looks on their faces that there was alot of blood and that they knew that it hurt pretty damn bad. Once it was sewn and bandaged they began to talk again...thank God. The silence was horrible; it made me feel like horrid...like I was causing their pain. I would never purposely do that.

"Hey, we should take care of her clothes. I mean she can't do it 'cause her arms broken. So you wanna do it or should I." asks Sand in an expressionless voice. That voice is super sexy when he uses it.

"She's a teenager...she is more capable of choosing for herself." I love him but his voice annoyed me. It sounded like the same voice a mother gives her toddler when their learning to use "big kid" underpants but doesn't want to deal with the problems associated with it.

I think for a moment. I absouluty love my brother but he hasn't seen me like that since I was five...I wouldn't want to stir up some lust. Haha but I seriously really, really want Sand to...even though it was totally agonist what I usually did. But, I sorta wanted him to see me like that. I knew it was wrong. He was nine years older than me. Isn't that like the opposite of petifile? Haha...but just as I was about to make my choice, I fall under again.

Lights swirl. Bells ring. A scene materializes. I am at my mom's funeral. My brother and I are standing over her coffin. She was in a blood red dress. My brother was crying. The pain of seeing her was unnerving. I was just coming to the realization that I would never see her again. Somehow than the grief suffocates me. I run.

I fall under a tree. I stay. I hurt. I cry. My dad finds me. It's the first time I see him with a beer bottle. He sees me crying.

"You!!!" he yell-slurs. And walks over and hits me hard across the face.

I wake up...I'm lying on Sand's couch. He and my brother stair at me with mirrored looks of worry.