Escape from Abuse

Sucky Life: but then Death would be too

I stair up at them. Ice cold sweat saturates my face. I look at my hands. Warm, sticky blood drips from my palms. Interesting I hadn't thought that one was so bad, I mean this happens periodically but usually the...visions, yeah that works...were much worse to make me this upset.

Then I notice my shirt. It is different...black and it reads "Kiss me I'm a Vampire"...Haha my fave. I’d forgotten I gave Sandman this one...

"Hey guys...I'm err back." It is then that I notice Sandman's pale ghost white face and my brother's worried tight lipped equally paled and more painful.

"You're back...then let’s get you to the hospital." Sandman says quietly. My brother nods and seems unable to speak.

"I ummm don't think I should move just yet." I say holding up my palm and indicating that I should first stop the blood.

"Yeah and your head is still bleeding...maybe an ambulance???" he asks.

"No...no, I hate those things. Evil people that are sorta crazy, mean-butts, assholes, you get the picture." I rant. "The first time I rode in one of those they made me worse and nearly killed me…plus they ask too many questions and you know me…no questions can be good because I don’t know when to shut-up.” Now I am becoming frantic and even I can see it.

“Lily…you know I love you…you’re like my sister, but common you guys either need to tell someone or you are going to die and that would kill your brother. He is worse to you and on top of everything you have to deal with those episodes there, scare your brother and me. Lily you need a stable environment and I’m sorry you cannot live with me but maybe a relative” he seems upset and though it is traumatic to see him like this but no.

“Sandy you know all my relatives are dead…or at least the ones I know about and I can’t leave this I miss having a dad I could depend on but this is my reality now and if you don’t take me to the hospital now than I’m going to die right here and now and you’ll be liable to blame…partially.” I try reasoning with him before anything else.

“Yeah well right and I’d feel partially responsible if you died for not telling someone…can you walk?”

“No, I think I might faint.” I say noticing for the first time that rooms aren’t supposed to spin.

“Right now I ummm think you may be right.” he lifts me into a cradle. “Hang on the hospital express is on its way.”

“Don’t say that it makes me think about needles, pointy crap, and death…oh and that smell. Ewww!”