Healing Her Scars

Shopping

"What's your size?" Dana says skimming though the clothing rack.

"Um XS I think." I look absentmindedly around the store. Not many people were in the store. I felt much better, confident but I could not get myself to remove the hood.

"Chantel, try this one on." Dana drops into my arms a dark red summer dress.

It was light and soft in my arms, probably I would have to wear an undershirt underneath, but it was elegant with its intricate designs. I could not resist the temptation to try it on. "I'll be right back, okay."

"Yeah, okay." She mumbles absentmindedly concentrating on the cloths before her.

I quickly run to the dressing room and enclose myself in one of the stalls. I undress and pull the dress over my head. It glides smoothly down to my mid-thigh swishing softly. I glance at my reflection in the mirror. It seems to shimmer at the bottom and the top clung tightly to my waist. It was perfect, to perfect it seems. I couldn't stand watching my reflection any longer. I turn and slowly undress.

"Well, how did it look? “She asks eagerly letting her attention fall on me.

“It didn’t fit.” I lie. My face flushes under her gaze. I felt so bad deceiving her.

She sighs heavily, “Whatever, lets toss it. Are you ready for the next store?”

“Yeah, I guess so.” I mutter scuffing my foot on the carpet.

“Good, just let me buy these and we’ll be out of here.” She lugs by me a full cart.

I can’t help but gasp when I se it; she’d never bough this many cloths before.

“Don’t worry, I promise I won’t buy anything else except for some shoes.” She laughs happily and wheels the cart off to the register.

I trail behind her, it was kind of fun; watching her buy clothes. I knew for sure she would wear half of the clothes she bought before her wedding and that was slightly disturbing.
----

Dana’s ring tone sounds while we were in the shoe store. I fish it out and flip it open.

“Hello”

“Hello Dana, is that you?” Brains voice comes through the phone.

“I don’t know, let me check.....Um no Brain I think I’m Chantal, how about you?”

“You are such a child.”

My heart squeezes at his words, “Yeah, I know... anyway, how was your vacation?”

“It’s well actually; I really didn’t expect it to go so well. Anyway I just wanted to tell Dana that I’d be coming home tonight.”

“Ooh, uhu, so you want her to come over. I get it.”

“Cod, please....You know what...Yeah, I want her to come over. You can tell her that Okay?”

“Yeah, but what-“The phone goes dead. I smirk, I just love annoying him.

“What did he want?”

I jump at Dan’s sudden appearance, “How did you know it was him?”

“I heard you say his name now tell me what did he want?” Her brow furrows and she pushes her hair behind her ear.

“He wants you to come over tonight.” I wiggle my eyebrows suggestively. She blushes with embarrassment and smacks me with the shoe box in her hand.

“Gosh, Chantel you make everything sound so wrong....but just as well we might as well go to lingerie section.” She winks suggestively and places the shoe box in the cart. “Come on we’ve got loads more shopping to do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay after this chapter if I do not get any comunication from the outside word I'm quiting this book.(Maybe)