Status: hiatus

You Make My Heart Implode

Depraved?

Cat

A faint ringing brings me back to reality, whatever reality is. If it's not close to last night then I don't want it. A groan comes from beside me. I leave my face in the pillow, in hopes of not waking from that dream. The phone is knocked off the hook and clatters to the floor. That must have been the ringing then. That’s when I force my eyes open. What I see is shocking me. I wasn't sure if anything was capable of shocking me anymore, but there it is; Violet. Her long hair is strewn across her delicate tattooed back and falling over the edges of the bed. I notice a bruise along her side darkening. Without hesitation my finger runs along it.

"Fuck off, Cat" she murmurs.

"You have a bruise" a whisper slips out of my dry throat.

"Go sleep, Cat."

A few silent moments pass as I wait for her to realise the reality. Violet then lifts her head a fraction, continuing to stare at the space where she must have opened her eyes to, before she leisurely turns and sits up to stare at me in what can only be described as horror. The dark circles under her eyes spear to be due to makeup rather than fatigue. I must be losing my touch.

"Oh fuck. That wasn't a dream" after the last sound her mouth drops to hang open and her eyelashes flutter beneath her awry hair.

"Do you often dream about me like that?" I intend the comment to be a lewd joke in the nicest sense.

She turns slightly pink under her pallor. "You're an asshole" Violet growls through gritted teeth.

I know what's going to come next. Somehow I am to blame for her getting drunk and losing her sense, or rather coming to her senses, depending on who you ask.

"I didn't do anything" hopefully my protest isn't in vain, thought I know better as I study her perplexed but glowing features.

"You know what you did!" she glares acid at me through her beautiful jade eyes.

"You gave me alcohol; if anyone is to blame then it's you".

That was a bad move. I can see it now.
Violet's eyes widen and she whips air into her system with a swift and deep breath.

"Don't speak to me"

I expected her to just scream at me to leave. Maybe it's down to common knowledge though. However the tension in the room is thick enough to slice with a scalpel, I take it upon myself to leave without an argument.

I return to the tour bus to clear out my things ready for the airport. Upon arrival the rest of the band don't appear to be awake yet, which I take as a blessing.

"Did she shoot you down?" comes the first teasing from Skinny.
Bone adds a stifled snort as they file through about their business. I ignore them, too lost in my own thoughts, all of them about her; Violet.

"Cat, Cat can I talk to you?" Envy peels around a corner and slides herself in front of me as I look up from my place on my bed, busy stuffing possessions into a bag.

"What about? I huff.
I don't want anyone to know what happened. I didn't do it for the bragging rights. For once.

"Did it not go well? You were gone all night" she almost whispers over the sniggers of my band mates.

"I don't want to talk about it" my voices comes out low and dark. Hopefully she will leave the subject.

"If you want to, you now where I am"

"I don't want to" I confirm harshly to my friend.

What is going through my head? Last time she knocked me down and splintered my reputation, and this time I'm damaging it myself. And she's mad at me anyway. Is there really any point? I'm being laughed at for her! This is beyond ridiculous!