Status: hiatus

You Make My Heart Implode

Reserved

Cat

As she left, the room felt cold. I've not been this way in a long, long time. I actually smile at something other than myself.
Begrudgingly I send an overdue message; Envy needs to be thanked, if it were for her persistence then this wouldn't have happened and I wouldn’t be on cloud freakin' nine.

"My advice owns all Honey. You should take it all the time" I knew there would be gloating.

"Not all the time it doesn't"

I light my last cigarette and contemplate getting dressed. Instead I grab my guitar and sit in my unmade sheets which are stained with the flowery yet alcoholic scent of Violence.
Right away the song Cherry Pie comes to mind. I guess its her that makes me think of it, and my fingers agree as I begin to play it, murmuring the words under my breath.
I check back to my phone afterwards and find two SMS messages. The first from Envy;

"So did you purr for her?" That is so being ignored.

"What are we doing tonight then? I'll call you soon. Everyones mad that I'm late" from my Violence.

Wait, my Violence?
"We can do whatever you want. I'll wait for your call before I make any plans" I reply, and then decide I need to take a shower before doing anything else.

Right on cue, as soon as I re-emerge, my phone rings;

"Hello?"

"Hey! They're not torturing me too bad anymore. How are you?" Violence.

"I'm good. All clean now. When do you think you'll be done?"

"Honey, there's not enough soap in the world to get you clean" he giggles and puts images into my head. "However, I was still willing to try, but it would involve trying to lick away the dirt" her teasing worsens the images.

"Feel free nonetheless" I'm missing her already.

"I defiantly will then. I'm not sure when I'll be finished. It depends on how much effort I will get out of them today," Violence sighs.

"I see. Well, as it's-" I look for the time "four o'clock, shall we make a reasonable estimate at say...eight? Seeing as you've been there about an hour."

"Yeah, if not earlier" she replies. "I've never wanted to get out of the studio more than right now. Its quite terrifying to say the least, Cat"

"Well, what can I say, I'd miss me too" I can just sense her rolling her eyes at my self-obsessive comments"

"Boo, you whore" she retaliates. "I gotta go, but I'll call you when I'm done. Though I'm gonna get dressed at my hotel before whatever you plan gets put into action"

"Ok," I think for a moment, "Do you want me to meet you there? Because then you could bring your stuff to my apartment for your stay here, if you want. You don't have to of course" was that too forward?

"You want me to stay with you? Until I'm done working here?" she sounds almost stunned.

"If you would like to" I hesitate.

"I'd love to!" she shrieks"

"Great, let me know when you're done so I'll come pick you up and we can get your things"

"Thank you!" I can hear the smile in her voice. "I have to go, I'll call you later"

"Ok, speak to you later, bye"

"Bye!" I think she's waiting for me to hang up. Coming to my senses, I do.

I can't get too attached to her, it will only hit me harder when she has to go home.
Going against everything I'm telling myself, I make a dinner reservation then start cleaning up. Its not that bad around here but my mind needs occupying as I wait for the hours to creep by...it can't hurt.

The time takes forever to pass, but surely enough it turns eight o'clock. It hits ten past and no call from Violence yet. Every minute feels like agony. "Play it cool" my mind repeats over and over. Twenty past and I give in. So much for cool. I call her phone but she doesn't pick up. It's five minutes without a call back. I call again, still no answer, so I leave a message.
"Time's up, your ass is mine" I warn before hanging up.
My keys are already twirling on my index finger as I slide my phone into my jeans pocket and rush out, almost tripping over my own feet. Have I ever been to jittery about a girl before?
I pull up in front of the studio and kill the engine, jump out and burst through the doors. Knowing this place well, I bullshit the receptionist working late and glide my way to where Violence is working.

"Shit guys, I have to go" she bursts through the door as I pull it open, and falls into my arms.
"My guardian angel" she sighs dreamily, humor leaking from her voice as she takes her phone from the side of her face and smiling up at me, her eyes shining.

"Seems like I arrived right on time" I put her back on her feet, rubbing her lower back soothingly. "Come on, we will have to hurry now, we only have an hour" I tell her.

"An hour until what?"

"Dinner. Come on"

We take the short journey to her hotel room and check her out before getting to my apartment, which gives us half an hour to get ready. All I do is straighten my hair some more and change my shirt and boots. Violence seems to think that will do. In record time [for a real woman] she skids into the living room looking stunning.
Her hair perfectly straight, makeup flawless and dress increased and mesmerizing.

"Wow" I stutter speechless.

"We don't have time, remember!" she ushers me to the door, grabbing her purse.
Words can't justly describe how beautiful she looks; double takes are more than necessary. For the first time I actually feel like someone looks better than myself.
We rush down the hall and outside to the taxi I called, and we arrive at the restaurant. It’s a good thing I didn't drive because watching the road would have been impossible, my eyes can't peel away from her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so freakin long you guys.
Comments and that jazz
xxxx