Cause I'm Five Minutes Older

Run Through

The lobby of the hotel was actually quiet as we approached the elevator. Inside quiet music played. I realized I needed to check my blood sugar. I wasn’t wearing my fancy Omni pod. Once we reached my room I ran to my suit case and pulled out my meter. David was on the floor with Leila. He looked up to see me pricking my finger.
“Doesn't that hurt?” He asked.
“I've gotten used to it.” I answered. He sat down by me.
“Do you and Nick have the exact same diabetes?”
“No, I’m hypoglycemic and he is more normal. Not terribly low all the time like mine.” I looked at the meter. It was 125mg/dL which was really low. I ran to my little kitchen and found orange juice in the fridge. I pour some into a cup and drink it down. I went back to my suit case and dug out my Omni pod. I placed it in it’s little spot and. Pushed some buttons. I never really notice it’s there. David was watching this whole time.
“My blood sugar was really low and I was wondering why I was dizzy.” He looked concerned. “I’m not now though. Look at the time we should get to the dining hall.” I stood up. He followed and took my hand.
“Bye bye, Leila.” I said as we opened the door. We stepped out of the room and shut the door. Back to the elevator and down to the dining hall. Inside tons of people where at a really long table in the center. Selena spotted me and ran over.
“Abbi what are you doing-” She was cut off by a man with a microphone.
“Everyone take the seat with your name and characters name on it.” Everyone not seated searched for their names. I was between Selena and David.
“Your playing Kayla?” She asked. I nodded sitting.
“Everyone welcome to first run through. Your scripts are in front of you. Lets get started.” He sat at the front of the table which was not far from us. “Oh and I’d like to welcome Miss. Abigail Jonas to the cast.” I stood and everyone clapped. “Now let’s start.” Everyone opened their scripts to the first page. It goes in to detail what everyone is doing at this point. Jerry the dad started.
“As your teacher of wizardry I take responsibly in the wizard world.”
“What’s this leading to?” Alex said fast.
“Your mother and I decided to take in a wizard to train.” He replied.
“What?” Justin, Alex, and Max said at the same time.
“She’ll be here anytime now.” Jerry followed. At this tome the portal would do it’s stuff. I would come in reading something.
“You must be Kayla.” Jerry says. I look up and smile.
“You must be the Russo’s then, right?” I follow. Justin, Alex, and Max stare at me.
“Right.” Jerry goes and gets the mom. “Kayla, this is my wife, Teresa. My sons, Justin and Max, and my daughter Alex.”
“Hi I’m Kayla.” I say walking over to everyone. “It’s nice to meet you.” Slows down at the last words. “Does he have a staring problem?"
♠ ♠ ♠
*1-5-14 EDIT