Cause I'm Five Minutes Older

Never As It Seems

“Good morning, Abigail. Your sleep test came out fine nothing went wrong that is the final test we have for you. You can get dressed and come to my office and we’ll talk to your parents about programs we would like you to join.” The intercom voice of Dr. Kale told me from the ceiling right when I woke up. I smiled at myself I will be leaving this place today. I climbed out from under the covers and jumped gleefully on my bed for a few minutes before I went to shower and get dressed. I looked once more at the calendar. April 5th 2011, four months since trial, one year and five and a half months since I was rescued, one year and six and a half months since I has kidnapped and raped. My face fell thinking of it. I am strong. I am beautiful. Nothing he did makes me ugly. I repeated that a few times reassuring myself. I grabbed some great clothes Nick brought me last week for going home. He told me not to be surprised if I am bombarded by photographers so I should look completely calm and ready to face the world. Kevin told me not to answer any of their questions and just ignore what they are saying to me. Also that they got me a personal body guard, named Dorian, who has to go out with me whenever I leave the house. I sighed and went in to get ready for leaving. Not just from this center, but New Jersey altogether. I would be fine with never seeing it again. I could no longer call this state my home. Texas is my home. I was born there. It is my home.

“So we will sign you up for the young women rape support group it meets on Thursday in Dallas at the Recreation Center on the North side closest to your residence. If you find you don’t like it you don’t have to go. That’s all I have for you. Abigail we will miss you on karaoke night.”
“And I’ll miss being there, Dr. Kale. Good bye.” My parents still weren't very close to me, but at least they are better then they were. Ignoring my existence. Now at least they acknowledge it. I guess they just have to get used to me. They lead me to the front and checked me out for the last time and shown me to a car. They had the two body guards go get my things from my room. I watched out the window as the people behind the gates got there cameras ready for me. They wanted to see the broken me they saw when I emerged being carried by two police officers or as I walked from the courtroom a year ago. But now I am strong. Not so fragile. I rolled down my window getting looks from my parents.
“Why are you doing that?” My dad asked.
“I am not scared of them. I am strong. I am beautiful. Nothing he did makes me ugly. I am fearless.” My mother’s eyes got wide as she pulled me close and cried on my shoulder. I had no idea how to comfort her. I awkwardly patted her back. We passed the photographers just after mom stopped crying. I waved to them through the window. The airport approached us faster than I expected. Soon we where on the Jonas jet and taking off. A large muscular man who only wore black sat across from me.
“Hello I am Dorian Carlisle. I will be your bodyguard.”
“Abigail Jonas.” I hold my hand out without blinking. He shook it and set his hand on the arm rest. I looked out the window waiting for our decent to come. I looked over to my mom she patted my hand and I smiled.

We pulled into the gated off house and climbed out of the car. My parents stood on either side of me. Opening the door my family popped out and yelled surprise. I covered my face laughing.
“Is she crying?” Danielle asked.
“No she’s laughing.” Nick answered. “I am for sure.” I hugged each and every one of them. I smiled at the banner over head. Welcome Home Abbi! We Love You! A small puppy scratched for my attention. I cupped her into my hands. And scratched her ears. Nick wrapped his arm around my shoulders. “Do you remember her?” I shook my head sadly. “She was a seventeenth slash Sixteenth present from mom and dad. Along with your car and some other things. The day popped into my head clearly.
“Now I remember.” I smiled at the day. I looked at my dad. “Can I get into the studio?” I asked almost pleading. It has been way too long since I felt my vocal chords harmonize with my guitar or my fingers feel the vibrations of the strings. I had notes itching in my palms. I had lyrics pounding in my head.
“Abs, I’ll take you to your guitar.” Nick gently took me by the arm sensing my desperation. Frankie followed behind curious.

~Kevin~
“I don’t think she’s ready to be launched out into the world.” Dad sat in his chair. I sank into the couch with Danielle next to me. “She just got better. She needs time to adjust.” I shook my head.
“She adjusted a long time ago, Dad. You just weren't interested in helping her.” I only deny that I am still mad at my parents and Joe in front of Abbi. Spare her the worry she doesn't need.
“Kevin stop this. We brought her back. We don’t have any problems with her.” My eyes glared furious.
“That’s exactly where you've got it wrong. She’s an adult. She knows not to trust sketchy guys. You don’t need to hide her in a closet. She needs to see the world so she can remember it. You remember when she first woke at the hospital, she didn't even remember how to talk. She had to grow up in such a short time. From a baby to a eighteen year old in a year. I saw her go though that. Nick and I were there when she took her first steps for the second time in her life. She walked into our arms. Like we were her parents. Then she trusted Nick and he ripped that away because she was confused of who he was. What he meant to her. The doctors said that brought on the nightmares about the accident. The great loss in her life caused her to remember the one thing the doctors erased her memories for. If you don’t want to help her get her music, which makes her so much happier. I’ll manage her. You don’t even have to be there.”
“What about-” His dad started to say Jonas Brothers.
“Nick and Joe want to do their own things for awhile any way. I can take care of Abbi. I have been for awhile. She’ll be at the studio tomorrow so don’t bother coming unless you want to take a sudden interest in your daughter.” I stood and walked to Abbi’s room to say goodbye. I heard Danielle saying sorry to my father once I left the room. Yes I was a little harsh, but he needs to learn some how that he is her father too. I am not her daddy. I am her big brother.

~Abbi~
Nick was smiling and nodding with the beat. Tapping his fingers where he would on a drum. My fingers danced across my stings fast for a few minutes before stopping a sudden sorrow wrecking my brain. I started a melancholy song playing out before me. It wasn't long before the lyrics followed falling out of my mouth like a water fall.
“ Drip drop, Drip drop...

Now only heaven knows
How I really feel inside
I try my best not to let it show
But late at night, In my room
I think of you and start to cry

You know that I'm emotional
But still you break my heart
Let's make no mistakes

We both know that
You're the one responsible
For hurting me this way
Now my tears fall like rain

Drip drop
When will my tear drops stop
Falling for you? - Tick tock
Steady as a clock, Drip drop
I'm hoping someday soon
I'll be over you - Drip drop
When will my tear drops stop
Falling for you? - Tick tock
Steady as a clock, Drip drop
I'm hoping someday soon
I'll be over you

It's a quarter after twelve
I know I should be in bed
Boy you got me feeling sorry for myself
I must confess, this loneliness is killing me
I'm so upset

How could you break all your promises
Like you told me, You'd be there to hold me
I can not believe the way I fell for it
I was a fool to buy all the lies you sold me

Drip drop
When will my tear drops stop
Falling for you? - Tick tock
Steady as a clock, Drip drop
I'm hoping someday soon
I'll be over you - Drip drop
When will my tear drops stop
Falling for you? - Tick tock
Steady as a clock, Drip drop
I'm hoping someday soon
I'll be over you

Maybe we were never meant to be
I'm sorry that it took so long for me
To see what's happening
You come around and then it rains again

Drip drop...

Drip drop
When will my tear drops stop
Falling for you? - Tick tock
Steady as a clock, Drip drop
I'm hoping someday soon
I'll be over you - Drip drop
When will my tear drops stop
Falling for you? - Tick tock
Steady as a clock, Drip drop
I'm hoping someday soon
I'll be over you

It's raining, It's pouring
I try hard ignoring these tears
I try so hard, Ignoring the tears
It's raining, It's pouring
I try hard ignoring these tears."
Kevin stepped through the door and walked over. I stopped playing. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my fore head.
“I’ll pick you up tomorrow and take you to the studio. Good bye, Abbi. I love you.” He walked out the door with out saying anymore. I felt the sadness in his presence. Something was wrong. I ran down the stairs to catch him, but Danielle and him were already in the car and Kevin was in the passenger seat. I could swear I saw him crying. Nothing is as happy as it seems in the Jonas family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments= Updates!

*1-5-14 EDIT
<3 Kelsey