Cause I'm Five Minutes Older

Home

Mikhail kissed me and left me in front of his mother’s office. I watched him walk down the hall and turn to look at me one last time before he climbed into the elevator he mouthed the words I love you. My mouth turned up into a smiled and I mouthed a response to him just as the doors closed. I knocked on the office door and waited the few seconds for Mama to let me inside. She closed the door behind me. My jaw was dropped, she patted my head and poked my chin. It was like fifty weddings threw up in this room. She sat behind her desk and picked up the phone.
“Send them in.” She then hung up and smiled at me before ushering me behind a screen to take off my clothes. As I stood there in my bra and underwear people entered with racks of dresses. I heard Mama making disgusted noises at some of the dresses. When I peeked out minutes latter only one rack was left. She smiled at me and handed me a dress bag. Two women helped me into the first gown. I stepped out and onto the little podium surrounded by mirrors. A short brunette, Mama’s assistant, held a video camera. Mama walked around me looking, thinking. I looked in the mirror at myself. I shook my head. This isn’t the one. Mama nodded and handed my helpers my next try. And when that failed the next and the next. It was about halfway through the rack when I was put in a dress. And when I looked in the mirror I was everything I told myself I was for a confidence boost. I looked strong. I looked beautiful. I looked fearless. Like no one could knock me down. Speechless I watched myself in the mirror. Mama hugged me loosely. “You were born for this dress.” Was all she could say. I nodded. There was a collective silence. Then I stared at myself once more before going back behind the screen. One dress down. Two to go. I was put through seven more dresses until I found my other wedding dress. It’s not as intimidating as the first. I think I’ll wear this one for the ZAGS ceremony and the first to the church ceremony. Next to look for was my second day dress, but Mama hadn’t got those around yet. Hasn’t found one nice enough I guess. She smiled at me. “I’ll call, Mikhail. He’ll come get you soon. But first, you need a list of stuff you will need for the wedding. You give me feed back I get them.” She sat at her desk starting to type. “What size shoes do you wear?”
“Five, Mama. Do you think this is moving to fast? I’ve only known Mikhail for a few weeks.”
“Does it feel right in your heart? Precious, what’s your bra size?”
“Why do you need to know that? Yes it feels complete when he’s here.”
“Then it doesn’t matter the time will make it stronger. Because I need to order you something for your wedding night.”
“Oh no. Mama. I don’t know. I’ll find something in your style don’t worry.” The door opened and Mikhail walked in. He put his arms around my waist and pulled me into him.
“I have good news.” He kissed my cheek and snuggled into my neck. I grinned and reached back and ruffled his hair. “I’ve found you a flat. It’s nice. Do you want to go see it?”
“Of course. Mama, do you need me for anything more today?” I ask leaning back into her son a little. She shakes her head and hands me the list.
“I figure yours a B or C. If it’s too tight that’ll be your fault.” She joked, Mikhail raised his eye brow in curiosity. I shook my head and took his hand.
“We’ll see you at dinner.” Mikhail stated and waved.
“No, you guys have the night together in what will be your home.” She nodded and smiled wide at us both.

He opened the door with his key. And it opened to empty space. I smiled a clean start. I looked around, nothing. White walls, wood floor, clear shelves. I hugged him close looking up to him to see his face gazing to mine.
“This is our home.” He kissed my lips softly and passionately. Hiding his face in my curls he whispered quietly.
“You are my home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I have a request. I want some new characters for the sequel that's coming soon. Want to be a character? Send me your character ideas.
<3 Kelsey